It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Star Trek fans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I remember watching the episode The Enterprise Incident. Anyway at the end of the episode a Romulan clings to Spock and his beamed onboard the Enterprise.
What happend to the Romulan?
Did the she return to Romulan Star empire ?
Perhaps someone will write a Star Trek novel and fill in the gaps.
If your not sure what Im talking about check out the info below.

but since the Romulan Commander was standing near him, she is also beamed aboard.

The Romulan Subcommander, now in charge of the flag-ship, gives chase, ordered by his commander to destroy the Federation ship. Fortunately, the newly-installed cloaking device works and the U.S.S. Enterprise makes good her escape, with the Romulan Commander on board a their prisoner.

link

The Romulans are my favourite Star Trek species.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It is my understanding that she was sent back to the Romulans. However knowing the romulans she may not have lasted long the romulans have very little tolerance for such a disgrace.

It is also one of my favorites too.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I love this episode because of the love story arc between spock and the romulan commander. Not to mention she was friggin hot as hell in those boots.

Anyway, star trek has alot of flings like this that go nowhere. They are just added for a romance arc.

One of the most interesting that I have recently noticed, at least in my opinion, is that in some of the trivia fo ST:III and ST:IV there is a mention of Saavik remaining on vulcan because of her pregnancy with spock's child.

Apparently, there was more to that pon farr scene in ST:III than we saw on the screen, lol.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhanApparently, there was more to that pon farr scene in ST:III than we saw on the screen, lol.

Well, I think it is generally accepted that they mated at that point. Spock had to mate or he would have gone mad, if I remember correctly, so Saavik sacrificed (though to her it was no sacrifice, as she liked him but couldn't get together before due to his age and status as her mentor) to save him.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
www.startrek.com...

Hmm, those Romulan ships look a lot like Klingons.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Actually, there are some Star Trek fiction books that do feature that same Romulan Commander.

The Price of The Phoenix

This is some of the first published Star Trek Fiction that was not adapted from one of the TV Episodes, written well before TNG. I also have The New Voyages, which as far as I know were the first published Star Trek stories approved by Gene R.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That episode is also one of my favorites. I believe that was season 2? After season 6 and 7 of DS9, it's my favorite.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Thats because the Romulans sold some of those ships to the Klingon. Hence why they both look similar.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
To answer the original question, said Romulan Commander was detained as a "guest" at Starbase 23 near the Federation/Romulan Neutral Zone where, in the book "Star Trek Section 31 - Cloak" she proves to be quite useful to Spock once more. The original plan was to hand her back to the Romulan government as part of a prisoner exchange program, an exchange insisted upon by the Romulans so that their release of a Federation ambassadorial aide would not be seen as a sign of weakness.

I won't say any more, you'll just have to read the book :-)

top topics

join