It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we agree that Bush is an in-grown hair on the anus of America...Finally?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
President George W. Bush: "People don't need to worry about security"
Bah.

"People don't need to worry about security," President George W. Bush said shortly before administration officials who approved the transaction [OUTSOURCING BACK-END NATIONAL SECURITY AT OUR PORTS TO A COMPANY OWNED BY A STATE RESPONSIBLE FOR MILLIONS IN MONEY LAUNDERING TO AL QAEDA THAT ALSO HAPPENED TO PRODUCE 2 OF THE 9/11 HIJACKERS] told a Senate committee that a 90-day review did not turn up a single national security concern to justify blocking it.

I do not understand you people. You know who you are.

[edit on 24-2-2006 by RANT]

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm worried about this.
My husband is worried about this.
My parents are worried about this.
Heck .. my PRIEST is worried about this.

OF COURSE we are worried about this. First we got the news
about the deal. Then we got G.W. strongly threatening a VETO
to ram it through (to his credit ... his first presidential veto), then
we get him stammering that he only just found out about the
deal after the ink was dry.

I know that Donald Trump and others have large shares of interest
in the UAE port company, but I (we .. my whole family, which includes
democrats and republicans) DO NOT trust this deal and DO NOT want
anyone other than American companies to be running our ports.

As I said elsewhere ... our ports are wide open as it is. This is
just an engraved invitation to the terrorists. This is FRIGHTENING!

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
As posted elsewhere, Rasmussen has a new poll up in which Democrats in Congress are outpolling President Bush on national security. By a margin of 43 to 41 percent, Americans say they trust Congressional Democrats more than Bush when it comes to protecting our national security. And by a margin of 64-17 percent, Americans oppose the sale of the ports to Dubai.

The deal is dead.

But WHAT was Bush thinking? He better give it up and start backpeddaling. Pronto. Condi and Jeb can ride on the handlebars.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Can we agree that Bush is an in-grown hair on the anus of America...Finally?

I agree totally, he knows he can't be reelected so he's gonna line his pockets on the way out.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well is a problem here Rant, corporate business deals have not links to terrorism, they are all for making money and profits what individuals do with their personal money is another thing and if they donate their money to terrorist in the private time that is another issue.

So I am going to be realistic.

The condemnation of the firm from Dubai that wants to have the contract over the ports are not because they are terrorists, they are business partners and business people out to make a buck, they are not in the business of blowing cargo or ships they are in the business of making money.

US does business with many countries of shady governments but when it comes to money is all about money.

The issue is the country from where they operate.

They are the ones that has been questioned here.

How can this company keep strict safety standards while in the other side of the world.

Bush has told that our ports security will be handle by US. I believe that, but what Bush forgot is that he is fighting a war on terrorism and terrorism could used the cargo to do harm.

Money can buy anybody in the other side of the world.

So when ships leave the US who is going to ensure the security on the other side.

Who will make sure that what is been loaded in the other side of the world will not be tampered with.

That is the problem.

But when it comes to the minds of business men and Bush is one, is all about money, profits and markets.

Security is a minor set back after money.

I think Bush forgot his fight on terror when while blinded by business deals.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is not a matter of the U.S. selling its ports to other countries to run.

Great Britain (foreign country) is selling its interest to the UAE (foreign country).

Security is still in US hands.

China also owns ports in the US.

The United States do not run ports in this country, and have not for a long time.

This is just an issue where ill-informed people get another chance to bash Bush, because they don't know the facts.

Since all ports in the US are run by foreign countries, and not too many people like that idea. Let's cancel all foreign contracts and let HALIBURTON run them!

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
China hasn't declared Death to America, and wasn't part of 9/11, neither was Iraq.

Halliburton at least wouldn't be sending in suitcase nukes from the UAE because they can't get them past airport security.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Since all ports in the US are run by foreign countries, and not too many people like that idea. Let's cancel all foreign contracts and let HALIBURTON run them!

OMG!!!!!

THAT"S what this is about.

Feints within feints. Justifying another Halliburton Hold-up.

Who'da thunk it?

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Great Britain (foreign country) is selling its interest to the UAE (foreign country).

Pardon?
Last I heard ports here werent run by forign companies but as a backup we have the secure ports act.

new topics

top topics

join