It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Worldwide Psychotic Grooming Possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I was sitting here gazing at one of my many internet "crusades" of knowledge, when I started thinking about how humans grow. How from the moment we're born, we're already trying to get away. Basically, every human infant subconsciously grooms itself throughout life for one reason; to get away from where they started the family.

Call it the collapse of the modern day "family", whatever, but the fact is, most infants revert to a more natural instict of Self Preservation, realizing perhaps, that it wasn't wise to stay where you started... you're family is nuts!

Regardless, I started thinking about various governmental research into "grooming". We've all seen movies of people 'groomed' to be soldiers from birth, and I don't doubt for a minute the government wouldn't try it. But what if they're grooming children in a different manner. What would the implications of a child born straight into knowledge and nothing but knowledge. Think of it such as a "room" with the only form of entertainment would be a series of monitors playing "the discovery channel" or something more narrowed down, such as international internet spying, or advanced physics, or whatever.

Now think about this.. you're born, removed from your mother's womb, cleaned up, and placed in a "craddle" that instantly starts going over the basics of technology and what we can do. A few years later, you could probably mentally understand the technology before you could speak. Maybe 2 years later once you've distinquished the fact from language, and start to put it all together during your childhood "spurt", by the teenage years you could speak fine, and hack into any computer system in the world and not get caught. Or be one of the worlds smartest physicist, engineer, etc. Basically, groom an infant to be a super brain instead of a person. Sounds immoral, but I think the outcomes would be awesome for our advance and survival.

And to be honest, if I was an abandoned newborn, soon to be foster child, I'm not so sure I'd choose to be a foster child over being a brilliant scienctist.. I'm sure I'd fully understand my "given" life.

Why couldn't they have picked me damnit!

I seriously wondered if childhood grooming could be possible, so I started looking into the effects of several drugs and phycotic research.

Basically, how the brain work during childhood is this, it first assembles a means of communication by listening to the sounds and gestures made by our parents (or anyone that may talk to us). Eventually, the brain puts the puzzles of data together and begins to understand the meanings and structure of words and sentences. Once the child reaches an age of 3 or 4, they'll fully be able to understand the basic dynamics of the world. How to count, add, subtract, spell and pronouce words, etc. Maybe even pickup on some cultural differences

But what would happen to a child in complete lack of exposure to a speaking parent or guardian? A room full of TV arrays, with two central "parents" playing the role of "Mom" and "Dad" through computer projected on the wall? What if these parents didn't goo-goo and ga-ga, but constantly, unendingly teaching the child. Think of a 24/7 teacher (in the desired field) constantly talking about something an infant will never understand until it gets older. Perhaps internet access at an appropiate age..

It would be like teaching a child twice, once to implant it subconciously in the brain, and the second time to bring it all back once it's time to properly develope a mind.

This goes in the lines of the belief of holographic minds. The belief that memories are implanted throughout our entire mind, and not just one specific area.

Bohm's studies indicate that the universe exists in total inter-connectivity (after Bohr). All things effect all things, as in the "Butterfly Effect," where the parable suggests that the flap of a butterfly's wings in China last year could be the source of the storm here today. More than that, it is suggested that the universe exists as solid "information" (Bell's Theorem) and that what happens to a related object (as in a mother and child or 2 pieces of a comet that split a millennium ago) will effect the other object instantaneously. Of course, this idea isn't well received by those that think Einstein's theory is a law (which it's not). It’s not that the information is traveling faster than the speed of light but that the information exists in a dimension beyond our perception.

What if a phychoanalyzed child was placed in a developmental TV Room for 18 years? Could you imagine, for a brief second, what it would be like to walk out of that room, with an infinite amount of knowledge in sciences and engineering, and realize that all that information will now have a use? Kinda scary if you ask me.

Don't think it's possible? Take a look at whats being experimented legally legally. These people are diving into the brains of children and changing how they develope. My little fantasy of "creating" a super brain can't really be all that far off.

The "super minds" all have an insatiable curiosity that compels them to, learn, investigate and speculate about everything that interests them. Their imagination spews forth mental ideas that may or may not lead to the right solutions. Sometimes an inspiration will flash into their minds while they sleep.

Brainwashing happens even to this day, sometimes on a very large scale. So if you can make a person beleive something by constant exposure, you could surely make them understand the basics of Quantum Physics if it was presented to them for 18 years.

I honestly wonder if a child's mind could withstand a constant exposure to information.. or would it short out so to speak..

Regardless, I full heartedly beleive that this sort of grooming is perfectly possible. And if it's possible, you know damn well someone in the world is taking advantage of it. I bet some of those missing children know a thing or 2 about this subject ;p

According to NISMART-2 research, which studied the year 1999, an estimated 797,500 children were reported missing;

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm all out of WATS for the month, can someone please donate one to QuietSoul here, for this excellent post?

Very interesting material for discussion, I know a lot of people on ATS, myself included, are interested in the subject.

I was 'groomed' the old fashioned way, my parents read to me.

Really interesting thread though, I've got some links and stuff to add when I get back.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I was 'groomed' the old fashioned way, my parents read to me.

Really interesting thread though, I've got some links and stuff to add when I get back.

Yeah, we all were groomed in a family; well, hopefully all of us. We all were raised from birth by our parents, learned how to read, write, ect from our parents and then later schooling.

But is it possible to completely remove all the aspects of "living" and develope nothing but a super intelligence? Or would the selected person be so detached from society that they'd be worthless?

I don't doubt for a minute if it could be done. The research I've done into how deep the mind goes, and how easily it can be influenced is enough research I need to believe ones mind is molded from birth. But what I don't know is if an excessively sculpted mind is capable of the "exit" from the 18yr prison knowledge booth..

I may be going a little deep here.. stop me if I am ;p

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Aww hell, I didnt even get into the notion of genetically altering human minds or diets. What if a child was brought up on say.... carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, sodium citrate, taurine, glucuronolactone, caffeine, inositol, niacin, D-pantothenol, pyridoxine HCL, vitamin B12, artificial flavours, colors

AKA Red Bull

or memory enhancing drugs or Herbal Mind Enhancement

Imagine this you have a machine with:

Over a billion parts featuring advanced nano-technology.

A machine capable of self repair.

One so advanced that a million of its hydraulic pumps can fit on a pin.

An advanced central processing unit that dwarfs anything made of silicon. This CPU is so advanced that it requires no physical interface. You control it with your thoughts.

This biological machine needs a constant supply of raw chemicals to support chemical (molecular processes) reactions occurring at a micro level. If it is lacking any of the chemicals it requires it will malfunction. Some of the nano devices it builds will be defective, some nerve impulses may not jump the gap, new neural pathways may not get laid very fast.

Stop imagining, get the reality?.

This machine can be tweaked just like a cars carburetor. That machine is what you call your body.

Mind enhancing nutrients: Huperzine A, NADH, Vinpocetine, phosphatidylserine, acetyl-l-carnitine, Ginkgo Biloba, DMAE, Choline, Pyroglutamic acid, Ribonucleic acid

Tag, you're it

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   

You have voted QuietSoul for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes left for this month.

An excellent post, on a subject I have been pondering over for a very long time. I once read a book where a girl was brought up by her manic father where all words were opposite, i.e. sugar was salt, mug was cup t.v. was radio . . . and although it was jsut a short story, I have always been wondering about the implications of this.

There is no doubt in my mind that the U.S. Government would hesitate to conduct tests like these. And the implications would be incredible! If it worked, that is.

Bring up one kid on inter-dimensional theories, another on particle physics, and one more on structural design, put them in a room and tell them to come out with a design for an instant travel aircraft that uses wormholes!

Yeahhh . . . anyway, it would be easier than easy for the government to conduct tests like this. One person, one room, minimal support staff, ultra-low budget. Scary.

In fact, you could be just about sure it's happening.
***Hey, where's that kid gone that was on that playground over there?***

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Is Worldwide Psychotic Grooming Possible?

I believe there are mind control experiments going on and that they have been going on for a long time, i.e. MKULTRA. I just posted a new thread where a gentleman explains how he has been experimented on with mind control.

Fascinating topic and great thread QuietSoul!

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
There's a bunch of interesting material available on the subject. I'm sure everyone knows about Pavlov's experiments showing the efficacy of conditioning. More importantly he opened doors which have, in time, led to a number of other advances, specifically in the field of how to culture, or steer public opinion. What's funny to me, is that Machiavelli actually came quite close to the concept when he talked about love and fear, and the necessity of being both a lion and a fox.

The basic concept is the same, whether you're training a poodle or a person (or a specific audience..) but the techniques have evolved considerably. As we get on in generations, the carrot and the stick evolve to forms not at all resembling their origins, and so, understandably, more and more people find themselves unwittingly transformed into asses.

This is also pretty interesting.

Link

A second phase of Psychopolitical Warfare in Beria’s Manual is entitled, Degradation, Shock and Endurance. “Degradation and conquest are companions. In order to be conquered, a nation must be degraded, either by acts of war, by being overrun, being forced into humiliating treaties of peace, or by the treatment of her populace under the armies of the conqueror. However, degradation can be accomplished much more insidiously and much more effectively by consistent and continual defamation.”

Like I said, interesting.

The whole concept of brainwashing is really fascinating. Mostly because it's so easy to do.

Think, if an individual can learn these techniques and use them to influence people, what on earth is stopping organizations with enormous reach and power from doing the same?

It usually hinges on an emotional response. The subject has to be 'feeling' rather than 'thinking' for the process to be most effective. Traditionally, religious cults have used love and fear, arguably in tandem with a number of other, more complex emotions, to best effect.

Look at the current political discourse. :shk:

Sleep deprivation has also been used to great effect as a catalyst. Take a wild guess which nation gets the least sleep? There was a little talk a couple years ago about the sleep crisis in America, but it died down quickly and hasn't made the news in quite a while. But the fact is, Americans are chronically sleep deprived.

Part of it is working shifts, part of it is the 24 hr infotainment (television, internet, music, clubs, bar scene, concerts, etc., along with disposable income and no time during the day to spend it), part of it is the enormous amount of ambient light in the average city, town, and yes, bedroom. That little light on your VCR at the end of your bed? Yeah, that's effecting the quality of your sleep, and by proxy, increases your susceptibility to suggestion, intimidation, or outright brainwashing (thought reform).

Part of the problem is diet. The ubiquitous presence of caffeine alone is cause for concern, because it can have a deleterious effect on consciousness and an individual's ability to resist suggestion.

Brainwashing can be as simple as controlling the language of public discourse. It can be as simple as associating certain words with emotions, or feelings of national identity (freedom). But it really does get quite a lot more complicated.

What's really telling is the amount of information most consumers have about the efficacy of brainwashing, versus the amount of information most advertisers have about the efficacy of brainwashing. Basically, the consumers are ignorant of their precarious position, and others are not, while also being willing and able to capitalize on that weakness.

Though we'll probably never know for sure, I think it behooves us to assume that any techniques employed by McDonalds or Boeing for the purposes of influencing public opinion are available and understood by political entities. Then the only question becomes, do you trust politicians to tell their constituents the truth, regarding anything?

What's most hilarious to me these days is the legal terrain. Brainwashing is totally legal in most places. De-programming is very illegal, in most places. Strange, no?

Seems to me that all sorts of factors coincide to make the American population uniquely vulnerable to thought manipulation.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
That's an interesting question. But I think that the raised kid couldn't possibly handle society. He would lack social skills as well, he's never had human contact, never felt emotion, never been taught social skills. How would he/she be able to handle the complexities of social chit chat? How would he/she handle emotion? Could he/she handle love? hate? pain? Unless he/she was taught how to handle his/her emotion, to handle human contact, then it's unlikely that he/she would last very long in the outside world.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I agree with MacDonagh...

That is, if you assume such a child would even survive the experience.

In the end, that kind of social deprivation would produce not only the biggest social deviant possible, but also one likely to "self-select" out in the end.

Now, if you added to the "program" an initial two to five year period of intensive social interaction provided by the "perfect, loving" parents, you might be on to something.

The thought is still nonetheless very disturbing to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
GREAT addition WyrdeOne, thanks for the contribution.. I'll add to it once I've had a chance to go over your material.

Originally posted by MacDonagh
That's an interesting question. But I think that the raised kid couldn't possibly handle society. He would lack social skills as well, he's never had human contact, never felt emotion, never been taught social skills. How would he/she be able to handle the complexities of social chit chat? How would he/she handle emotion? Could he/she handle love? hate? pain? Unless he/she was taught how to handle his/her emotion, to handle human contact, then it's unlikely that he/she would last very long in the outside world.

Yeah, I did a little more research on this very topic, and havent gotten around to adding it to this thread, so here we go:

First off, I suggested taking a newborn and quickly shuffling them off to a containment area.. well, very recently doctors suggested that infants, without the proper parental "touch" will develope a condition in which it will cease to develope its mind.

So the particular infant to be super-taught will need to have a mother/father interaction if they're going to survive. Perhaps, slowly weening them away from their parents and into research as they grow older..

According to Alan Schore, assistant clinical professor in the department of psychiatry and biobehavioral sciences at UCLA School of Medicine, a major conclusion of the last decade of developmental neuroscience research is that the infant brain is designed to be molded by the environment it encounters.1 In other words, babies are born with a certain set of genetics, but they must be activated by early experience and interaction. Schore believes the most crucial component of these earliest interactions is the primary caregiver - the mother. "The child's first relationship, the one with the mother, acts as a template, as it permanently molds the individual's capacities to enter into all later emotional relationships." Others agree. The first months of an infant's life constitute what is known as a critical period - a time when events are imprinted in the nervous system.

source

Now, I fully understand that the mother is the key to developing emotional relationships; but what if you don't want your particular subject to be emotional? Perhaps you want him to be a book per se. Do you replace the "mother" with a figure of authority and "tough love"? I'm reminded of a popular Japanese anime named "Neon Genesis" and how the father treated his son.

As for the subject being "anti-social" and not able to live in the real world: I don't doubt for a second that someone that's been living in isolation for 18+ years could or even want to survive in the real world. That's why the subject wouldn't have to. If you were grooming a mind to be a super-genius, would you throw that all away after 18 years? No. You'd harness his brilliance by giving him his own lab, lab personel, whatever he needed to suceed in his studies.

This is really an interesting subject to me.. I've been researching various stuff for weeks about it.. theres so much out there publicly that leads me to believe that such a "programing" is possible, if not already being done on a wide scale.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh

Exactly so. Does anyone remember the monkey experiments done back in the 60's or so? The baby monkey had his mother taken away and replaced her with a stuffed toy. The monkey developed depression, etc. then they took away the stuffed toy and used a wire monkey-like construction. The result was psychotic monkey, pretty much. All creatures need love, especially humans. We can die if we don't have love. At the least we can develop serious depression for starters, psychosis and who knows what else when we are deprived of human contact, love, etc. Certainly a kid raised in a bubble so to speak with only TV or other educational tools, well, I'd think he'd be so psychotic, burned out and deprived of social contact that he would be utterly useless no matter how much he learned. He'd probably be on thorazine, drooling in a corner somewhere.

-Forestlady

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hey Quietsoul. Do you think that brainwashing is evident in constant advertising? I can still remember that WAZZUP! thing ringing in my ears when everyone kept saying it.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Humans are highly social animals and the infant would mostly die with no human bonding, touch or those goo-goo-ga-ga's from mom and dad.

Stories illustratin the first from psychology. In C13, Frederick II wsa king of Italy. Wanted to learn if children had an inborn language if you didn’t teach them. Raised a group of infants who were never to hear speech. Foster parents not allowed to speak or handle babies. Nurses did this. Result was all the infants died. Experiment has been repeated a number of times in history. WWII in 1940s, children in institutions. Germ theory stopped babies in orphanages being handled and held. Babies became sickly, withdrawn, lost weight. 40% who caught measles died, 0.5% in general population. Lack of human contact had fatal consequences. source

Childhood Experience and the Expression of Genetic Potential:
What Childhood Neglect Tells Us About Nature and Nurture

PDF file www.childtrauma.org...

Isolation and mental distress: executive summary

Isolation causes mental distress, and the stigma and social exclusion linked to mental health problems can make isolation worse. This self-reinforcing cycle condemns millions of people with mental health problems to a life of social segregation.

How does mind control work?:
A technical overview of mind control tactics

If there's no human sociological element to learning, the person sees the world as lifeless and will shutdown.

[edit on 28-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

top topics

join