It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PBS TO AIR EVIDENCE BUSH STOLE 2000 ELECTION

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2002 @ 07:29 PM
link   
PBS TO AIR EVIDENCE BUSH STOLE 2000 ELECTION

PALAST INVESTIGATION OF FLORIDA VOTE THEFT TO AIR ON
PBS, FEATURED AT HAMPTONS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL

Two films, Counting on Democracy and Unprecedented,
premier this month.

In the face of the controversial decision by the PBS
network to refuse to transmit the investigative
report, the nation's top PBS stations will
independently broadcast COUNTING ON DEMOCRACY.
Directed by Emmy-award winner Danny Schechter, the
57-minute documentary follows BBC television
reporter Greg Palast as he discovers how Katherine
Harris removed up to 57,000 legal voters from
registries - most black - five months before
the 2000 election.

While the public broadcast network chiefs refused to
schedule this important report, WNET (New York), KCET
(Los Angeles), KQED (San Francisco) and dozens more
are insisting on showing the expos� before the
mid-term elections. See full schedule at:
www.GregPalast.com....
The film will be featured this Sunday at
the Hamptons International Film Festival.

Martin Sheen and Greg Palast share "Americas" award

On November 2, Palast will join West Wing star Martin
Sheen in Los Angeles where they will share an award
from the human rights group Office of the Americas.
The group cites Palast's investigations of the
coup in Venezuela and World Bank destruction of the
Argentine economy reported for Britain's prestigious
Guardian newspapers and BBC Television's Newsnight.

Those wishing to attend the Palast-Sheen award
ceremony ($100 including dinner, $35 without), contact
Office of the Americas at
officeoftheamericas.org...

UNPRECEDENTED

A second film on the scandal of the vote theft in
Florida, UNPRECEDENTED, opens this month in national
screenings sponsored by People for the American Way,
the NAACP and The Nation.
The Robert Greenwald Produciton includes exclusive
footage from Palast's confrontations with Katherine
Harris' vote fixers. Palast will join directors Joan
Sekler and Richard Perez at the New York opening. For
schedules and tickets, go to
www.Unprecedented.org....

Censored in the USA

California State University's Journalism Department's
Project Censored named his Guardian report on
President Bush and bin Laden as one of the top five
suppressed news stories of 2001.

For the complete schedule of showings of Counting on
Democracy, for Unprecedented,and for RealVideo clips
of Palast's own reports and his writings, visit
www.GregPalast.com....

WARNING: Katherine Harris describes Palast's work as
"twisted and maniacal."

posted on Oct, 21 2002 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Evidence that Bush stole the election? Aired on PBS? Go figure.

Months later and the left can't let go of the fact that regardless of all the attempts by the Gore campaign and the left's lapdog media, Bush won the race in Florida. No matter how many times the ballots have been counted, or by whom, it is Bush. Even though the media intentionally (my paranoid mind at work) called the ballots to be closed incorrectly, causing many Bush supporters in the predominately republican panhandle to not vote figuring it to have been too late, and calling it a win for Gore, even though it wasn't over, causing some who knew better than the boxes to be closed to not bother anyway, Bush still won.

Even though Florida law did not give Harris latitude in determining when ballots were to be turned in, the democrats saw the laws as mere suggestions and suggestions that should be ignored if it is in their best interest, the Gore people made Harris the villian because they felt it necessary to vilify the Republican official.

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 03:56 AM
link   
PBS must be desperate to fill up air-time. There was plenty of "evidence" at the time and none was conclusive.
I think certain Democrat apparatchiks need to learn the art of losing graciously.
They might do well to consider their own recent shenannigans in New Jersey or, for that matter, their disgraceful behaviour in Seminole and Martin counties at the time with the Absentee ballot scam.
I've always maintained that voter apathy in the States made such issues largely academic; but the fact remains that GWB did win and that Gore, at the time, made something of an ass of himself.
I hope American posters to ATS will be far more concerned about the elections that are imminent than whatever happened in 2000 - it's history; it's done.

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Now I know Thomas to be a Right Wing neo-fascist-John Ashcroft Republican, and I pity his delusions to that end, but Estragon are you a Brit or Yank expatriat? Regardless, both of you foolishly stay numb in your partisan politics cocoons avoiding the travesty of a manipulated voting event within the leader of the free world, not a African republic, but in America.
I doubt that either of you have ever read Palast's investigative reporting: it's fact laden & accurate and does not consist of conjecture: if you go online to the Guardian you'll seethe actual voter rolls with people listed as felons for crimes committed in 2007, felons who committed crimes before they were born ( I've heard of Original Sin, but geez!), and felons who were the election officials given the damn lists!
Again, I'm not familiar with your positions Estragon, but TC, at least read and make an educated decision for a change, huh?
A point of fact for consideration: Why did Jeb & Harris switch from a company who did the voter rolls for a couple thousand bucks to a company that charged $1.7M? To get near 60,000 'felons' in mostly Dem sectors would be obvious, which is what they got. How about that company being owned by a Bush 'Pioneer Level' campaign contributor?
American voters are focused to vote this sick form of Radical Republicanism out; but we're smarter than given credit for and never will we let the 2000 theft slide. As for making Cruela DeVille aka Kate Hariss a villain, no, she did very well on her own, she broke enough laws up to and including running for a House seat while still being paid & on the states dime from her current position.
In New Jersey, shenanigans would be the accurate call, except for the NJ Supreme Court ( comprised of two former Republican State Attorney Generals under Christine Whitman & it being mostly Republican) voting UNANIMOUSLY THAT IT WAS COMPLETELY LEGAL and was NECESSARY FOR NJ VOTERS TO HAVE A CHOICE. Blame the NJ GOP for putting in such a tool of a candidate because they thought Torreceli was unbeatable, then when the GOP Dirty Tricks team got to digging and found something to pin, Forresters only platform was that he was NOT Torrecelli. Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It's not the GOP's fault Torrecelli is a scumbag.

The pres election was a fiasco but the dems were far from boyscouts. Let's recap, Bush won four times.

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 05:14 PM
link   
AAARGH! Again, I've accidentally hit some key that made a 20 minute typing session disappear!

Rather than retype all of it again, I'll just say this. BT, your knowledge of Columbia and the middle east is about as flakey as your understanding of the law in Florida. Maybe later I'll feel like retyping actual knowledge and facts so that you may dimly gaze at the words without any comprehension, but right now I'll just say that if anyone were in need of picking up a book and reading the truth, it's clearly you. Try delving into the facts instead of left-wing bull-hockey.

What, by the way, do you know about Columbia? Got many Cloumbian friends?

Your superstitious view of the war on terrorism that is based on anti-republican speculation and rumor is not even worthy of note.

In parting (for now), let me type in a few little words. This is just the Forida law; the law is some silly thing we normal folk feel should be observed and democrats feel pertains to everyone else but them:

"If the country returns are not received by the Department of State by 5 p.m. of the seventh day following an election, all missing counties shall be ignored and the results shown by the returns on file shall be certified.

Either way, Bush won every recount conducted, with and without the counties too stupid to vote correctly, and with or without the overseas ballots.
Liberals believe that hard stautory deadlines apply only when the democrat wins.

Hows the weather in my world, smartass? You'd have no clue as I deal with reality. Go find a non-fiction book and read a bit and then try and smart off to your more learned acquaintances.

[Edited on 23-10-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 01:59 AM
link   
PBS is going to rake that Florida-ballot thing over the coals after this much time has passed? Would it do any good to inform them that the Florida-fiasco really doesn't mean jack-squat because it's the Electorial College that actually votes for the President, not the American public?

At any rate, Bush seems well on the way to becoming a dictator...He's already a "dic".

[Edited on 24-10-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 02:14 AM
link   
It really has been too long since Florida and -despite Greg palast's very amusing book on Democracy and several other well-written accounts - there is little if anything to add.
It happened -there was probably villainy on both sides -I remember pretty convincing photo's of Democrat vote-counters trying to bend the ballots, just as I remember the absurd removal of "felons" from the rolls.
Each side as bad as the other and little credit to the Dems on the business as a whole.
It was interesting at the time that the main calls of "fraud" came from counties such as Broward, where Gore was ahead.
I think the only real interest then was that it awakened a great many Americans to just how Presidents were elected and just what the Electoral College actually is.
It may be that some viewers need a timely reminder that we of the West endure pretty awful governments -but I don't think that that is a big secret. Nor is it a secret that most governments elsewhere are many times worse.

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
Florida-fiasco really doesn't mean jack-squat because it's the Electorial College that actually votes for the President, not the American public?

At any rate, Bush seems well on the way to becoming a dictator...He's already a "dic".

[Edited on 24-10-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

Yes & Amen!
Yes - The caveat: the popular vote picks the electorate members

Amen - In my utter disgust over the New England Blue Blood-AWOL coward-Snide child of priv-Semi retarded embarrassment, I often lose sight of the fact that he's merely the face ( an extremely butt ugly one) and mouth piece(sic) to the 'movement'.
The only time his input actually applies is in those rare instances when he doesn't have a script. ( Remember " Because he tried to kill my daddy'" or "the evil one is among us" - did that one ever provide proof positive of our march to Armeggedon!)

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Dear BOut, it were even that simple -the Electoral College is a curious piece of late mediaevalism.
But, it must be said -there's not much to applaud.
An old saw has it that a people gets the government it deserves.
Could this be true?

posted on Oct, 24 2002 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
Dear BOut, it were even that simple -the Electoral College is a curious piece of late mediaevalism.
But, it must be said -there's not much to applaud.
An old saw has it that a people gets the government it deserves.
Could this be true?

Absolutely, well put. Much the same as that 'left handed compliment' piece of Chinese wisdom : "May you live in interesting times"

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Democracy has been diluted to mere going-thro-the-motions. Do you not care that this could have happened??!!! Why are you not up in arms??!! As I am sure your ancestors would have been.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 12:24 PM
link   
F-D, most people here have no clue what the founding fathers stood for or had in mind. The founding fathers would have already been up at arms decades ago. Due to the ruling elite dumbing down education and rewriting both the meaning of the founding documents and history of this nation, and the unbreakable addiction of the opiate-sensation of the T.V., we have no prayer of the citizentry attempting to set the country back on track. Most people don't want it anyway as they would not know what to do without the day-to-day government interventions

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 12:40 PM
link   
When is a political scandle not a political scandle.
Answer.When you're a Republican.

It seems odd to me that many Republican members here who will normally go through hell and high water to seek the truth.Don't want to admit that their President gained office fraudulently because it would mean potentially allowing a Democratic in.

But then they haven't been disenfranchised.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Pssst,

The truth is Bush won.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 12:48 PM
link   
John, the President did not wrongfully or unlawfully take office. I will not say he did just to appear non-partisan. The underhanded, improper maneuvers were commited by the dems and their media lapdogs.
To think that I'm a blind republican only means that you weren't around me when Bush '41 was in office.

Had the republicans been trying the crap the dems were in Florida, I'd have taken a 3 1/2 hour roadtrip to Tallahasse and broke my foot off in the nearest campaign official's rear-end. Above all else, no matter what party, these things have to be conducted per the law. Anything else will make us no better than Iraq and Hussein's 100% victory.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Does it really matter? I mean really, he's already president. It's not like we are going to catch him with his pants down like Clinton. So he stole the election. In the words of Adam Sandler, whoopppeedddeeeedooo.
It is neat though that PBS is going to air this, who would've known.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Pssst,

The truth is Bush won.

I'll call him 'president'*accckk*, excuse me gag reflex, but to say he 'won' is inaccurate. Say he was appointed and I'll agree with you. that son of a bush couldn't win a gold medal in the Special Olympics!

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You know, Bout Time, the fact that you cannot accept the simple, legal fact that Bush won, fair and square, even thought the democrats tried many tricks, is getting pretty old.
The fact that you don't like Bush is is ok, the fact that you remain a sore loser is intolerable.
Go eat a "mush nut" and be content for a while.

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Bush won Gore lost, and Clinton and Gore are good good nothing bums. Get over it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join