It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of this????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I Know children have vivid imaginations but I am starting to wonder if maybe they see things we do not and as we grow older we become "desensitised" (sp?) to things as we cloud our minds with what we are supposed to learn/see.

My daughter, granted she is three, saw cows all of the time in a house we lived in until very recently. Now when she saw these "cows" my dog would become aggitated. They scared the living daylights out of her. Now sehe has seen real cows up close (we live in the mid-west) and wasn't bothered in the least by them. BUT the cows in our house were a different story. We have since moved due to other strange things happening there and me not willing to chalk it up to imagination. Now last night she was asking who was at our house and we ran through the mommy daddy Baileigh (her) and Braeden (her baby bro)....she says, "No cows?" I say no cows remember daddy made the cows stay at our old house and she says well there is one looking in the window. Now I got goose bumps when she said this.

I dunno if I should worry after all she is a child and has an imagination....BBBUUUUUUUUUTTTTTT I seem to attract some sort of "wierdness" I dunno if it is genetic or what. My gramma is EXTREMELY psychic but views it as an evil thing that she should not use because god should be the only one that should know such things.

If I was catholic I would have my house exorcised just to give me piece of mind. I just have had way more than my share of seeing things that shouldn't be there or cannot be explained and am beginning to believe my daughter is experiencing the same.

Paranoia....maybe a little....it's a father's right.

thanks for listening

Kafer

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That is interesting,

first thing I would say is not to make such a big deal out of it with the child, As you don't want to end up having the child scared,

2nd, Talk about it with your child get her to draw pics ect.

You say you feel you attract things like this, I from experience have the same thing,

You do not have to be catholic to perform simple things,

things like smudging can have good effect, you can even buy this and do it yourself,

Also hang wind chimes at the doors and invest in some crystals,

keep a log of strange happenings,

I would say though that if you feel no harm with whatever it is, its just better to ignore it,

keep us updated though and I'm sure other members will have some advice,

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
iT IS POSSIBLE YOUR OLD HOUSE WAS BUILT ON WHAT USED TO BE A FARM OR CATTLE SHED.

MY ADVICE AS WELL AS THE ADVICE GIVEN ABOVE WOULD TO BE, BUY A BLACK CANDEL AND LET IT BURN ALL THE WAY TILL IT RUNS OUT. tHIS DISPELLS NEGATIVITY. lIGHT A WHITE CANDEL AFTER THE BLACK HAS BURNT ITSELF OUT TO BRING IN THE LIGHT IN THE NAME OF THE DIVNE. ASK THIS IN THE LOVE TRUTH AND LIGHT WHILE IT BURNS.

FOR PROTECTION IMAGINE YOURSELF IN A BLUE BUBBLE OR A BLUE FLAME WHILE ASKING THE DIVINE FOR PROTECTION. THEN DO THE SAME FOR YOU CHILD, IMAGINE THIS BUBBLE AROUND HER TOO. THEN ASK THE DIVINE TO GET RID OF NEGATIVITY IN YOUR HOME AND IMAGINE EVERY ROOM FILLING UP WITH DIVINE LIGHT.

ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THIS FILL EACH AND EVERY ROOM WITH PROTECTIVE BLUE LIGHT. tELL YOUR GUIDES NOT TO LET IN ANY NEGATIVITY OR ANYONE OR THING YOU DON'T WANT THERE AS THEY ACT AS BODY GUARDS BUT YOU HAVE TO LET THEM KNOW IT IS WHAT YOU WISH!

i NEVER HAD THIS ADVICE WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, I FELT ALONE WHEN THINGS HAPPENED TO ME AS A CHILD. iT MAY JUST BE HER IMAGINATION THERE MAY BE SOMETHING IN IT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ATTRACT THINGS TOO.

i AGREE WITH NOT MAKING TOO MUCH OF AN ISSUE WITH YOUR CHILD, THE BEST WAY TO DEAL WITH IT IS TO ACT LIKE IT IS NORMAL AND REMAIN CALM. IF YOU SHOW YOUR FEAR, YOUR CHILD WILL BECOME SCARED TOO!

mY LIITLE GIRL TURNED 2 RECENTLY AND TOLD ME THE "LIGHT IS COMING" NOW I DID FREAK OUT I MUST ADMIT!! SHE HAS BEEN LOOKING FOR A HORSE AT MY HUSBANDS WORKS STORAGE WAREHOUSE WHICH USED TO BE AN OLD BARN/STABLES. THERE IS NOTHING LEFT TO SUGGEST IT WAS USED AS A BARN AND EVEN IF THERE WAS SHE IS TOO YOUNG TO UNDERSTAND WHAT A BARN EVEN IS! NO ANIMALS REMAIN IN THE AREA ON THE WAY IN TO MAKE HER EVEN THINK OF HORSES BUT SOMEHOW SHE KNEW HORSES WERE CONNECTD TO THE BUILDING....STRANGE!

gOOD LUCK HOPE EVERYTHING GETS BETTER FROM HERE ON IN!!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The phenomena of ghosts and spectres is strange indeed.
There is generally not enough real research going on out there about the paranormal. Though there is some,most people ecspecialy that of science are skeptic to say the least.

Where as much of what people say is concrete fact as far as the science of the real world is concerned,we have people saying that much of it is becoming unravelled in ways.

The amount of complex bio mechanics that are involved with our bodies and how they work is almost unfathomable to our small amount of understanding of the world.

Due to ignorance in my mind.Many people who grow older,take in too much information as being the endall of what is going on.Now a strange transission occurs in people.WE are born into this world knowing generally nothing of the scociety we live in.We are imaginative so to speak.When we are young.Yet as we are taught the ways of our scociety we are told that this and that is unreal or real,the more this happens as we grow.The more our minds are geared towards what we are taught to believe.

This having been said opens a can of worms that asks.What exactly do kids see?Having no bases upon which to say what they see is real or unreal,does that allow them to percieve more than an adult would.Also you have to factor in the evolution of the human mind.You say that strange things are attracted to you.Well your daughter is not only a continuation of your blood and genetics but mostly all that goes with it aswell.

Just some info ive gathered.
Scarecrow.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I believe that kids see more than we do basically because they have no worries & nothing to take care of. As we get older, responsabilities become greater & we have no time to stop & look around, except guys like us who want to know the truth & are interested in mysterious goings on. Another theory I have is that spirits take more care of children as they cant look after themselves as well as we can & therefore protect them against all negative energies

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hey thats very interesting. Heres another instance of when children see things we dont. Nothing to do with yours, but may give more insight?

Some friends of mine have been together for about 11 years. They had a daughter about two 1/2 years ago. Shes *maybe 3. Now, the couple J & K are very catholic and do NOT use scary words around Riley. No ghosties, no witch stories, no boogys, NOTHING.

They moved into a new house and within the first week Riley started getting really fussy. She was home wit mom and just started shrieking like she was in pain. No matter how much K tried to comfort her, she wouldnt stop. So K called J to come home cause K had to go to work (ER Nurse). So J came home and K left. half hour later J calls K from the parking lot at the hospital and tells her to come out because Riely will NOT stop shrieking. K came out and Riley was still just as upset clutching at her teddy.

The next week, J was changing Rileys diaper on her table. He said Riley stood up, looked Beyond Jeff and had a look of pure terror in her eyes and took a leap off her changing table. She didnt get too hurt, a run burn but once again she was upset for the rest of the evening.

The next week K was laying on her bed with Riley and messing around. Tickling, giggling, etc. K told me that Riley stopped, stood up and pointed to a bathroom closet and said 'mommy theres a man in there'. K looked and no man and assured Riley there was no man. Riley then said 'that ghost is funny!' and started getting all giggly and hyper while looking into the empty closet.

This was a couple weeks ago and I havent talked to J or K recently. I know they packed up stuff and are (or were) staying with her mom for awhile.

The only thing I can think of is this - the house was owned by a really old couple who passed away. The daughter was selling the house and is a total b*tch. J and K had alot of verbal confrontations with her during the house sale which may have made her parents spirits angry?

I dunno.

Cows scare me now. Good thing im a vegetarian.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
See the problem in many cases is fear I believe. When it comes to seeing the dead.I know I couldnt really handle it(most of the time).So most of the time I don't.

It is usually when I have been doing alot of study on a certain case(like the amityville horror case)here on ats.That I will let my guard down.

In the case of children while they do fear things neccessarily.They havent really developed the mental defense mechanisms that we have,also they have less reality built up inside them.If you look at cultures where many different perceptions of reality(such as the exsistence of ghosts)are accepted.There tends to be more sightings and events involving the phenomena in question.In most of western scociety,which has been driven mostly by catholocism and the teachings of the one god deal(you know what I mean)there has not been alot of room for the supernatural that doesn't pertain to the specific religion.Now as we are tending to expand and grow towards our understanding of the world.Parents find themselves
in a strange twist of our own reality.We are starting to look towards the children as being more perceptive and open then a fully aware and understanding adult.

This comes with the saying you cant teach an old dog new tricks.Not that this is neccessarily true to the fact,no pun intended,but it suggests that while we are able to take in alot of information,the extent of what we can learn depends on how much belief we put into what we learn.

Many teachings suggest core facts as being the basis of true knowledge yet to believe fully in something is to not allow the study of the opposite theory or standpoint.Many adults have accepted many things in their lives.
Couple that with the theory that we create our realities based on nwhat we in fact believe to be real.Someone who doesn't believe in ghosts will never come into contact with one.

More on this later
Scarecrow.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It isn't true that if you don't belive in ghosts you don't see one. My dad was SO ADAMENT there's no such thing as ghosts until my parents old spooky house revieled it's secrets of past residents. For someone who was so used to telling me it's all in the mind and it is just imagination he was finally proved wrong when he actually saw the same cat my brother and I had previously seen. The cat was a GHOST. My mum was upset she hadn't seen it, and mum did belive in ghosts!!

This happened years ago now, i have my own home and my parents have since moved. My Dad accepts the world of paranormal now after his experience!

top topics

join