It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Your favorite genre of music?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Whats your fav type of music to listen to?
Mine would have to be rock, all kinds.
these smileys are cool

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
seckzy moozak!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I like old rock.

Beatles, Pink, Zed, Cash.

Enjoy some Bryan Adams, Mellancamp

Dig some country, Garth Brooks.

Techno, Rave.

I have a broad range of what I can enjoy

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Techno, trance, ambient.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I like Drum and BASS

It started off in th UK
Not sure if its big or underground enough in America or other parts.

I like it because it can be fast drum wise, fast bass wise, light, dark or heavey. Vocal, ragga or just voice samples. It can be atmospheric, cinamatic, irregular abstact, evil darkside, 70s influence, tribul and all music influences but one. Its dance music not bedroom music to chill out in.

Also LIKE 80'S music and film scores all sorts really. But Drum and Bass does it for innovation in music it makes the ideas come alive in other music after its been ripped off for its innovation of sound and rythem.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Just gimme musak. That's all I ask. I know... Seems to simple an answer, but I can listen to anything. Some music, whatever it is, and some friends with a few beers. That's all i need for my release.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'll listen to almoat anything and enjoy it but I mostly listen to stuff like Chilli Peppers, and mostly rock at the moment, I'm in an angry mood!

Grrrrr.......

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Classic Rock; Doors, Zeppelin, Stevie Ray, Skynyrd ect.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
plain ol' rock and punk.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I like the old rock and the new country which has turned out to be like the old rock minus the 10 minute guitar solos. Why do you ask my friend?

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Techno, trance, ambient.

Same here, but I'll add gothic rock as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
metal, any sort, hard core old school thrash nu - loud and proud. Old punks good , dont think much of the new wave stuff.

If youd like to check out my best mates band,

profile.myspace.com...

[edit on 25/2/06 by mojo4sale]

[edit on 25/2/06 by mojo4sale]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
progressive trance / house (minilogue, Beckers, Ticon, Son kite, Antix, etc) and psytrance (wizzy noise, infected mushroom, astral projection, Deedrah, etc) and techtrance (spirallianz, midi miliz, x dream ,the delta, tetraktys, etc)

i also like ambient and drum n bass.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by moonchild]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The music for me is the kind that can't be tamed. From the hillbilly tunes of Jimmie Rodgers and Hank Williams sr.. The rawness of the early rockabilly artists such as Charlie Feathers (You can't get a more primal, brutal, or outta control than this guy), Jerry Lee Lewis , Johnny Cash, The Legendary Stardust Cowboy and Hasil Adkins. To the better bands of the punk/alt. era Such as The Dead Kennedy's, Lubricated Goat, Foetus, Alice Donut and The Cramps.
Unfortunately The modern country scene has become a wasteland of homogenised artists like Keith Urban, Garth Brooks etc... Steve Earle is the last remnant of a long tradition of howling white-trash wolves.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
gosh, impossible to nail it down to one category... i love my indie and rock (though not hardcore rock!) bands but then i'm also into chilled out acoustic and experimental kind of stuff (Shady Bard to Damien Rice etc) as well as jazz/funk/blues. I'm also loving Four Tet at the moment since hearing their remix of Bloc Party's 'So here we are' - Genius.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
seckzy moozak!

Haaaa !
Same here !

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
As a musician, I listen to plenty of genres of music.

I love metal mostly, I also listen to rap, hip/hop, industrial techno, new wave.

I stay well away from "pop" music and crappy dance music. It's utter rubbish.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I listen to all kinds of music reguarly, but im mostly into hard rock, progressive techno and italo club.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Genres? Hard to nail one down. I like music that speaks to me. 70's rock was amazing. 80's rocked sucked with a few exceptions, Stevie Ray, The Deleware Destroyers, etc. So the Metal in that time was the tunes I listened to. Metal has gone down hill since then. My son said he hated Metal as I was downloading some this week, as I was playing some tunes he said, "Wow, that's good, who's that?" Iron Maiden. Same thing happened with old Metalica and Megedeth. He didn't much care for Motorhead though.

Loved the 90's. Today is pretty good too.

I HATE country but I like Johnny Cash. It speaks to me.

Classical is cool too as long as it's not bland like Brahms or Beetoven. Tchycovsky(sp) is very cool.

Basically, anything with POWER!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The most listened to tracks on my mp3 player at the moment are by

Roy Orbison
Johnny Cash
NWA
The Jam
Bob Marley
The specials
Madness
Weezer
And lots of dance tracks by Tiesto ,van Buren ,Rankin ,hixxy etc

I have a very broad range of what i listen to , also strangely ive being listening to that dueling banjoes from deliverance just lately

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join