It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South pole light anomoly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I didn't see anything on here. The NOAA GOES-10 weather satellite has an interfesting image of an elongated light appearing near the south pole. At first I though it was a light reflection but it has appeared on consecutive days, growing in size and intensity each day. Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

cyberspaceorbit.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It's known that the Earth's gravity causes a slight warping of the elctro-magnetic field and this in turn affects light and possibly time. Maybe it's actually a photo of bending time-space? Otherwise, beats me.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It would be the light from the sun, as it gets close to a "Keep-Out-Zone", which is explained on the website.

What are Keep Out Zones?
Keep-Out-Zone (KOZ) is another term related to eclipse season operations. The GOES imager and sounder instruments have temperature constraints that prevent them from scanning an area too close to the sun. If the GOES imager or sounder is allowed to scan an area near the sun, they could potentially overheat and become permanently damaged. Prior to and following each eclipse season as the sun is "close" to the Earth disk, image regions in the proximity of the sun will be deleted.

Solar intrusions are only a concern for GOES during the eclipse seasons. During a 48-day eclipse season as the sun moves from North-to-South (Autumnal Equinox) and South-to-North (Vernal Equinox), it will move closer to the Earth sensor chord, eventually entering the chord's field-of-view.

Since we are approaching the Vernal Equinox, and thus an eclipse season, the sun would be approaching the Earth disk.

[edit on 2/23/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Something is certainly going at the south pole . I have heard everything from various sites from our solar system passing through a highly energized dust cloud containing dark matterbeing energized by our earths magnetic field. To those who believe that scalar EMP's from HARP projects at both poles or some that tend to hang onto Aussie Blokes dire predictions about a incoming series of asteroids....????

join