It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli army destroys US-funded public park in West Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Israeli army destroys US-funded public park in West Bank

Wed Feb 22, 9:25 AM ET

NABLUS, West Bank (AFP) - The Israeli army, using a bulldozer, destroyed a US-funded public park, including a children's playground and swimming pool, in a West Bank village, witnesses and officials said.

The bulldozer, protected by a force of Israeli soldiers, demolished the park in Azzun, close to the northern town of Qalqilya, on the grounds that it had been built without permission of the Israeli authorities in the occupied territory.........................................

Full News Story

don't the israelis have anything better to do then destroy a park and swimming pool.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
That swimming pool could have been used to produce chlorine gas, and those swings could have been used to polish mortar casings, and uhm..the jungle gym was being used to train 6 year old terrorists.

:shk:

What a shame.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Israel demolishes dozens probably hundreds of Palestinian homes every year with excuses like lack of permits or illegal constructions, i dont know why your bothering to post it sadly, most of this board is full of racist yanks who couldnt care less what happens to any muslim , so long as they get there cheap gas and can sit on there asses gaining pounds.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Look, don't blame the Israelis for everything, the IDF is acting extremely violently with it's citizens, Olmert is widely viewed as an appeaser traitor in Israel, and the Gaza withdrawal was genuinely painful to most (though in the West you think it was just a bunch of setttlers getting huge cash bundles to leave their lands to new swimming pools). Plus if it makes you feel any better, the settlers and their supporters which usually cause this sort of thing are perceived as American/Russian moochers who converted to Judaism to "live the Good life" at everybody else's expense. I know that because my former Girlfriend was from Israel and I was there a few times, so I know the situation, the Western media is in fact most of the time quite hostile to the common Israeli.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The fact that you dated a girl from Israel is not an excuse for Israelis demolishing homes and parks, Nakash.

But, anyway, this is just one of many examples as cited in the story:

No immediate reaction was available from the Israeli army which regularly demolishes buildings that it says have been constructed without authorisation.

Hmm, is that really considered an excuse for demolition? Why can't they just issue post-construction permits?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

No immediate reaction was available from the Israeli army which regularly demolishes buildings that it says have been constructed without authorisation.

The right to build on your own land.

What is a more basic right than that?

What gives Israel the right to say who can build on their own land?

What gives Israel the right to destroy what was built?

Is it because they just knew that the Arabs were going to attack before Israel invaded in a sneak attack back in 1967?

As for the numbers of homes destroyed:

0 Israeli homes have been demolished by Palestinians and

4,170 Palestinian homes have been demolished by Israel since September 29, 2000.

If Americans Knew

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
How many of those homes were bomb factories or hiding places for Hamas goons? Let's think outside the box for once.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yes, that's the same excuse of self-defence that Israel as well as the Palestinians have been using to perpetuate their violence for decades. Are you a part of that game too?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx

don't the israelis have anything better to do then destroy a park and swiming pool.

I'm sure they would have if they didn't feel so threatened by extremists.Try walking a day in their shoes.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhlI'm sure they would have if they didn't feel so threatened by extremists.Try walking a day in their shoes.

The feeling can be reciprocal. Try walking a day in the life of a Palestinian.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Yes, that's the same excuse of self-defence that Israel as well as the Palestinians have been using to perpetuate their violence for decades. Are you a part of that game too?

Everyone plays the game. Jamuhn, thats why there are always sides to be taken or advocated. You are no exception, nor am I.

Interpretation of self-defense is a matter of perception.
As such, self-defense is perceived differently by all sides involved.
A Palestinian perceives it differently from an Israeli. An Israeli views it different than a European. A European views it differently then an American, etc.

There will not be a 'long peace' till both sides see it within their state interests to achieve that 'long peace.' It is obvious that there will be no such peace between the two parties as long as current situations and perceptions of self-defense persist. Removal of such obstacles is a primary cause, starting self-evidently with Hamas...

seekerof

[edit on 23-2-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
it could of been an easy target for kids so why give the opportunity. It's a hostile place and death surrounds it. I don't agree with what the isrealies did to the palestineans knowing what was done to them i don't understand why they would do that to another race, but that's what happens is this twisted place

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What can you say ? its not my tax dollars that fund Israel, its all you yanks that should be kicking up a stink !

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl

Originally posted by iqonx

don't the israelis have anything better to do then destroy a park and swiming pool.

I'm sure they would have if they didn't feel so threatened by extremists.Try walking a day in their shoes.

threatened by a swimming pool and play ground. huh

the israelis do these things on purpose to incite hatred and anger in palestinians this allows israel to occupy there country becuase if palestinians stop fighting back israel would have no legitimate excuse to occupy there country not that this would make any differnce to israel who would continue to occupy anyway with or without hostility from the palestinian side becuase of help and support for occupations from america.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

the israelis do these things on purpose to incite hatred and anger in palestinians this allows israel to occupy there country becuase if palestinians stop fighting back israel would have no legitimate excuse to occupy there country not that this would make any differnce to israel who would continue to occupy anyway with or without hostility from the palestinian side becuase of help and support for occupations from america.

You pretty much hit it on the head.

As much as they can do against these people, and still spin themselves off as the victims where Zionists control the media.

If Americans knew the truth there would quickly be peace because Israel cannot stand as a nation without our aide.

top topics

join