It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings everyone..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have come to post, not with much expectation given the circumstances of credibility on the internet - But to share some things with you what I have come to know. I cannot reveal how I know the following as it would not only jeopardise a member of my family, but also even I. I haven't asked much, so I am only posting what I can remember given the time frame.

Their is not what I would call a cover-up, but a lack of sharing of information from two major world countries regarding history. Firstly was a dig in southern Brazil in a place near some city called Curatiba or something like that if I remember correctly. It was back in the late 70's. What was found was the fossils of people which was dated back 1.1 million years ago. These people were considered highly advanced. The remains of metals were also discovered, but they were not previously known metals. A small city was found and building outlines in rock. Apparently the timeline for the last finds were what was said to me as "sudden".

Undercover operatives killed a local well known fighter of that area. From what I can remember, one of the women on the dig from portugal hooked up with this guy over the duration of the time they spent there. She explained far too much to the guy and he was killed. From what I gather, he was well known in that area and there was a big fuss about it.

They had to end the dig shortly after as there was alot of media attention beginning to build up. The points I was told was that we as people are not the first civilised people to be on this planet and there about 1.3 - 1.1 million years ago, there was another highly advanced civilised race in the brazil and uraguay regions. I was told that it was highly possible that there may of been other civilisations before that but he was not certain.

This has been kept under wraps for 3 decades now. I don't care whether anyone choose to believe it or not - I just felt like sharing it.

Regards,
James.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
hmm...

my curiosity is tingling, but after titor, i'm a bit skeptical...

more info please?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hello, and welcome.

I'm a bit confused as to what point you are trying to convey. Do you have any theories to spark some conversation?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Though the topic is fascinating and rather intriguing, the most important parts seem to have been left out.(i.e.) "Do you have any other proof than just your word?"
Fascinating none the less

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Speaking as someone who works in a paleo lab and knows something about archaeology and anthropology, you can speak freely. The knowledge won't harm anyone you know. It's not exactly secret.

Originally posted by JamesS
Firstly was a dig in southern Brazil in a place near some city called Curatiba or something like that if I remember correctly. It was back in the late 70's. What was found was the fossils of people which was dated back 1.1 million years ago.

There was a dig, but you're off base on the timeline by about 1 million years. The confusion may have started when someone read "mil anos" as "million years" instead of (correctly) "thousand years."

I have seen summer student programs in the Archaeology department headed for digs down there.

They had to end the dig shortly after as there was alot of media attention beginning to build up. The points I was told was that we as people are not the first civilised people to be on this planet and there about 1.3 - 1.1 million years ago, there was another highly advanced civilised race in the brazil and uraguay regions. I was told that it was highly possible that there may of been other civilisations before that but he was not certain.

They do find unusual ALLOYS (not metals) there, and the civilizations were highly advanced -- for the Americas. Because of the gold artifacts and other valuable artifacts, people are indeed killed over these sites. It's a poor and desperate place. And they have found civilizations earlier than the Olmecs.

But the hearer of your original tale seems to have gotten his or her translation tangled up.

While the locals would kill tosuppress knowledge so they can get the artifacts out and sell on the black market, the scholars and government is not interested in covering this up. Quite the contrary -- these kinds of stories generate capital for the area and the country. They're eager to have them promoted.

[edit on 23-2-2006 by Byrd]

new topics

top topics

join