It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life On Mars BBC UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Any brits watch this very very good tv show??

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yeah love it. Don't remeber 1972 being so grim but I was only 10 at the time!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I was six years off being born, Gene Hunt is a great character especially where he was shot and saved by a hip flask!!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ah a mere youngster!

All I know as then we respected and feared the Police. I'm sure if you were Irish it had its downside but life was much simpler then. Look guilty? 5 years.

Men & motors (99.9% pooh) is re-running the Sweeny at the mo which is ace!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
And now series two is here, and its still bloody ace!!!

Gene Hunt a fantastic charachter, this is definitely one of the TV highlights of the week, as Harry Hill would say.

Is Sam in a coma, or is he really in 1973? A couple of little hints in the first two eps seem to be pointing in a new direction, but are theyu just red herrings?

I'm going to love watching this unfold, and then we've got Doctor Who series 3 to look forward to in March. TV is good again!!!
:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I get the BBC on my cable and I can't seem to find this, is this just a UK thing?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Series 2 has just started on BBC 1 in the UK but series 1 should appear on BBC America. One of the US networks are supposed to have bought the format to make a homegrown version as well, but after red dwarf and the the office you might be better entertained with the original.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ive seen the show the office was based on, and the one in America is lame, with a capital L. They keep trying to tell me its funny I'm just not buying.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
DONT MOVE! YOU'RE SURROUNDED BY ARMED BASTADS!

Life on Mars is top notch, one of the best things on the box at the moment. I just checked the BBC America site and I can't see any mention of it but give it time this is a quality show, it'll find it's way over.

Gene Hunt, love child of the Sweeneys Regan????

Edit....my mistake just found it on BBC America, enjoy.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by ubermunche]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Not the show silly! I just got into Life on Mars last week (something else must have been on when the first series aired) and now it finishes next week - so now I’m watching season 1, and I'll have to wait for the season 2 box set to come out before I can see it! and I don't want to know the ending ; ;

Anyone else heard about the spin-off that’s going to production 'Ashes to Ashes'? , I think i read that it will have Philip Glenister in it and will probably be set in 1981, but since no one knows what the ending to Life on Mars is yet no one really knows what Ashes to Ashes will be about.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Yeah love it. Don't remeber 1972 being so grim but I was only 10 at the time!

You should have been living in Belfast! 1972 was a terrible year. I was just a kid myself, but I remember hearing the bombs go off.

Life on Mars is good though, and we finally find out next week if he's in a come or a time-traveller.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
or he could be just mad, schitzo? Who knows! I don't get to see it until it comes out on DVD :'(

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
yer i watch it it the last epsoide next week

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I've just watched it (taped it the other night cause I was out) and I'm still none the wiser.

Was he in a coma in 2006, or just mentally disturbed in 1973?

I swing towards the first choice. He only went back 'to the past' in the end because his life in 2007 was so boring. Haven't we all wished to escape from our mundane lives at times?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'm not sure what the ending is or if my theory is right i believe that he started of in 2006 and went back to 1973 and when he was in the tunnel he saw the wight light and went back to 2007 i think he didn't go back and it was just a dream, to back this up the man on the radio said he slipping away suggesting he never woke up

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Well apparently they're doing a follow up series where a female psycologist reads the notes that

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Well apparently they're doing a follow up series where a female psycologist reads the notes that Sam recorded after waking up. She has an accident and 'goes back' to 1981 to work with Gene Hunt.

new topics

top topics

join