It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien culture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I haven't seen this discussed before but I always thought it was an interesting topic. If we found out that there was another intelligent race that wished to make contact with us I would have so many questions about their culture. What do they do for entertainment? What does their music sound like? Style of dress? How do their societal or social class structures compare to ours? Does their history follow a similar path as far as technology or philosophical endeavors? I'd love to get my hands on an alien history book or even a version of their People (Alien?) magazine. Just wondering if anyone had some thoughts or this or had read anything. I know we don't know much in general so this might be a stretch but it's fun to think about.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I doubt they would consider each other "aliens" but I think their culture would be pretty rad

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I thought I'd reply as I know how it feels to be ignored, it's annoying. I was just wonderin, if I were an alien traveller & just came to visit earth, I'd want to meet people, not get caught & locked up for experiments by the government then I went onto the topic of thinking that aliens maybe already here in disguise. I think randomly like that but it would be cool to be the first person ever to have sex with an alien

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yeah, thousands of questions like what is their society like? Do they have close-knit families? Do they know their family? Do they take vacations? Are they consumers of any commodity? Do they have laws, criminals, lawyers, judges? Is physical beauty important? Do they have pets? Do they have sports? Are their teenagers weird like ours are? Do they have deviants? What do they eat? Who makes up the upper echelon of their society and government? Who does all the dirty work like cleaning?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yeah, what if the UFO's we see are just Alien teenagers who took the ship out for a spin. It might sound dumb but we don't honestly know the intention of the visits. Maybe it's tourists travelling to some distant destination and thought it would be cool to stop by the Earth attraction. Like some giant ball of yarn in the desert. I feel like everyone wants to assume that they have some sort of sinister plan or that they are trying to help us. Both are plausible but there are an assortment of other possibilities.

I'd be so fascinated to see the exchange of information that could take place. We can think of numerous ways that their knowledge or presence would shape us but what about how we could or have shaped them. What if we were the first civilization discovered by another race? To them we would be this amazing scientific discovery with countless studies done us. They could have adopted ideas into their culture about us just as we have done for them. I would be very interested to learn the current state of our human influence on any extra terrestrial entity, culture, or civilization.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think that music must be our cultural/intellectual gift to the universe. What else do we do that ET couldn't do better and I'm talking science, math, whatever?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Unless their sense if hearing is different than ours. Could be a wider spectrum, could work completely different. Or maybe their vocal folds work differently and they can sing four voices at once, like a barbershop quartet or something.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yeah Cedar, I see your point.

top topics

join