It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain the one Life Belief System to me.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Try as I may, one life of 70-80 years of life is less than a grain of sand on a beach would be able to be adequate, and it is all over.POOF, no more you ever again to live in a body.
Is it fear, ego, or religiousity that causes a human to believe that one tiny life is enough to be able to deserve to look upon the White Light Source of all the heavens.
IMO, it would take many and varied lives to be able to deserve to see 'THE ALL.'

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If you live it right, one life is plenty.

It's also a question of supply and demand. If you live many lives, each individual life becomes less valuable. But if you only have one life, then it becomes incredibly precious, so you better get busy and enjoy it, because you don't get any more when the game is over.

How many people who believe in many lives, even if it's just one more life after this one, tend to concentrate on that next life, waiting for their reward (or praying they'll avoid punishment)? They might be better concentrating on the life they have right now, rather than worry about the next one, which may not happen.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here's my take in a nutshell:
1) We are matter
2) All matter is energy (E=mc2)
3) Energy cannot be created or destroyed
4) Energy is composed of quanta
5) Quanta seem to have no dependency/interaction with time (or any of the other 3 dimensions for that matter).
6) Therefore, the very essence of what we are is Independant of time, even though we cannot perceive this "immortality" with our limited senses.

Note: I realize fully that this is an extremely simplified explanation of some very complex concepts but I tried to keep it short.

[edit on 23-2-2006 by passenger]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

How many people who believe in many lives, even if it's just one more life after this one, tend to concentrate on that next life, waiting for their reward (or praying they'll avoid punishment)? They might be better concentrating on the life they have right now, rather than worry about the next one, which may not happen.

That is one way to look at it. 2/3's of the world believes in reincarnation and their children are acing ours in school and professions, IOW, the Japenese and enlightened Chinese life each second as precious as they KNOW karma.
I am thankful for each and every second of life, as I am humbled by the design of the universe and all the precious entities of the White Light.
Hoping I can live a life which WILL be my last one then I can kiss this planet goodbye.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I like to think of our lives as sort of a special moment. At the most basic level we're all just energy in different forms interacting in different ways. My brain basically processes external sensory information and creates a reality for me to experience. It merely analyzes properties of different energy configurations to do this. Think about our sense of smell. We inhale a sample of air in order to determine it's chemical composition. Our brain then takes that information and matches it against previous sensory input so that it can figure out what is changing the normal 'perceived' air. We are merely the witness to a series of energy transfers.

That being said, I believe that our conscious life experience is a beautiful gift. The idea that energy within this universe is able to come together to form a self aware conscious being is breathtaking. The fact that I able able to question my own existance and ask these questions is amazing. I believe in a soul, or some form of energy configuration that is unique to myself. I also believe that I, in a sense, existed before I was consciously born here and will continue to do so after I die. Upon death I will lose the ability to view and observe the physical world as I do now. So in essence, this life is but a small moment in an infinite series.

The process of our observation defines this life. Again, our senses observe the world around us and use that information to produce our behavior and thought. I don't believe in a concept of time outside of what we observe. This universe exists in this manner because we are able to observe it. Without a conscious mind to witness and remember events everything takes place at the same time. An example would be the wave-particle duality. Does it gain the property of a wave because we observe it? We can't answer that question because an observation affects what is being observed. Does this universe exist because we are here to 'slow time' and observe it? Maybe, maybe not. Is our 'time' not just a measure of entropy? Do all these questions make sense or pertain to this subject? Maybe, maybe not...

I feel like I'm starting to ramble and am getting a little off topic. I believe that if I life my life like it's my only chance to learn and observe everything that I can then I'll be prepared for either scenario. I wouldn't want to waste this one because I thought I'd have a few more chances. The fact that we are alive and conscious is incredibly special and it wouldn't surprise me if we only got one chance. Then again, if it just kept repeating it wouldn't be too bad either. Sorry if I got a little crazy, got a lot of my mind...

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

6) Therefore, the very essence of what we are is Independant of time, even though we cannot perceive this "immortality" with our limited senses.

How true, reminds me of my Dad's old saying, he will be happy driving his Cadillac on the gold streets..I was aghast, how boring that would be.
IMO, we have jobs on the other side as well as here, and when I was in the Light all I wanted to know was the one life theory true?
I was shown that the soul looks upon the intercourse that conceives it, but it still stays on the other side until time to nee.
They are given 7 choices of parentage.This may not resound to most, but it makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If You've ever seen Dead Like Me, you should know that the afterlife is actually just one big temp filling agency job, and life is the vacation from it. Its all just middle management, for eternity.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I feel like I'm starting to ramble and am getting a little off topic. I believe that if I life my life like it's my only chance to learn and observe everything that I can then I'll be prepared for either scenario. I wouldn't want to waste this one because I thought I'd have a few more chances. The fact that we are alive and conscious is incredibly special and it wouldn't surprise me if we only got one chance. Then again, if it just kept repeating it wouldn't be too bad either. Sorry if I got a little crazy, got a lot of my mind...

Nor at all, this is a querie EVERY human on Earth must think of or make a choice therefrom..It is deep in the molecular makeup of all of us.
Looking at the sky/cosmos, and to think we have such a short time to experience this in a one life makes me sad.
WE, in spite of egomania do dot decide what happens to us, we have written our scripts and must try not to forget our lines as that only confuses the other actors and slows down production.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I didn't really believe in reincarnation until I had a child. But when she was very young she told some amazing stories of things that had happened to her "before", that I couldn't explain. Suffice to say they were ideas and concepts and cultures that she was never exposed to and that she talked about very matter-of-fact. I'm still not positive, but I now have some doubts that we only do get "one chance" to get it right.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
If You've ever seen Dead Like Me, you should know that the afterlife is actually just one big temp filling agency job, and life is the vacation from it. Its all just middle management, for eternity.

I see and sense the other side as like Defending Your life with Meryl Streep.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I'm still not positive, but I now have some doubts that we only do get "one chance" to get it right.

How fortunate your daughter chose yo to be born to.
I had a neice who was a toddler and she started telling her FUNDIE Mother about living in the swamp and about her family there, and the Mom would shut her up and refused to allow Rachel to tell me.
They usually remember until age 5.You are very blessed.Let her speak as she will.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thank you for your kind words. I did actually try to encourage her to talk as much as possible, but it was often frustrating as she was so young that she frequently could not fully articulate some of the memories. I personally don't have any recall of former lives and tried various techniques for recalling them to no avail. Maybe I'm a first-timer. Have you tried anything to try to "unlock" your possible previous incarnations?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
it has been embedded in my brain for as long as I can remember that the body is just a vessel, transporting the soul, from one journey to another, so I find it hard to believe and accept the one life system and the finality of a heaven and hell, just seems way to easy for me. I believe that the cosmos and all within are way to complex and vast to have such a finite belief system, but that's just me.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
Thank you for your kind words. I did actually try to encourage her to talk as much as possible, but it was often frustrating as she was so young that she frequently could not fully articulate some of the memories. I personally don't have any recall of former lives and tried various techniques for recalling them to no avail. Maybe I'm a first-timer. Have you tried anything to try to "unlock" your possible previous incarnations?

No, I doubt siriusly that such an advanced soul as your daughter would be with a new soul.
I have been to all my past lives through 3 years of deep hypnosis.
That is the only sure fire way I know of accessing them, as if we were to remember out past lives, it would hurt us in living this one.
My last past life was a Jewess in Auschwitz, tortured by Dr. Mengele.
If we were close to each other I would hypnotize your for free.
Just keep an open mind..How old is your child now? Have any more?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've tried self-hypnosis but have not been hypnotized by another. Sort of hesitant about it.
My daughter is now 5 (five) and it seems that, as you said, the recalls are becoming less frequent and less intense. Also, she's more "contaminated" by exposure to more experiences. That's one of the reasons I felt I had to believe her words initially-she spole of things that I knew she had no previous exposure to.
As to your previous life encounter in Auschwitz: Do you feel that it has had a positive or negative effect on your current self. That is, does it make you more fearful of people perhaps or has it given you some kind of inner-strength or perhaps a little of both?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
it has been embedded in my brain for as long as I can remember that the body is just a vessel, transporting the soul, from one journey to another, so I find it hard to believe and accept the one life system and the finality of a heaven and hell, just seems way to easy for me. I believe that the cosmos and all within are way to complex and vast to have such a finite belief system, but that's just me.

How true and I believe firmly in the theory of walk-ins but this is off topic.Thank you for that adroit post.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

As to your previous life encounter in Auschwitz: Do you feel that it has had a positive or negative effect on your current self. That is, does it make you more fearful of people perhaps or has it given you some kind of inner-strength or perhaps a little of both?

It gave me an overwhelming kinship to Jews and their causes, but he was using my body for beastiality, and I am still afraid of big dogs and a horse will NOT give me a ride..Bucks me off. Is that weird?
It made me a STONE SURVIVOR.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. It is good that you managed to hold on to something positive from a terrible experience.
Back to the original question: Don't you find it a bit ironic that the traditional Christian viewpoint is based on a one-shot-screw-up-and your damned-for-eternity viepoint? Expecially since Christ himself preached so much about forgiveness and redemption.
On the other hand, many eastern and naturalist religions provide for another chance to redeem yourself and to learn to do good eventually. Seems almost the opposite of what they should be.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger

Back to the original question: Don't you find it a bit ironic that the traditional Christian viewpoint is based on a one-shot-screw-up-and your damned-for-eternity viepoint? Expecially since Christ himself preached so much about forgiveness and redemption.
On the other hand, many eastern and naturalist religions provide for another chance to redeem yourself and to learn to do good eventually. Seems almost the opposite of what they should be.

Growing up in a pentecostal family, HELL is used to keep the coffers full and people tithing.
Religions that are millenia old are much closer to the true way of the Universe and true Universal Love.
If all preachers and priests got up and said there is no hell, how much $$ would they have to drive their Mercedes?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
In my opinion, it depends on how you define life.

An atheist considers life to be the time period that the physical body exists and works.

A religious person might define life as beginning as a sperm and ending to be "reborn" into heaven.

I myself consider there to be only one life, but that life is one that can evolve, and does not end, Life begins at birth, the first and initial stage in which we form aspects of ourself, is the physical one, and when the physical body ceases to exist, the person continues on in an energy form.

So, like Is aid, it depends on how you define and view what life really is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join