It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A way to make ATS better (possible)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This could make ATS a lot more user friendly but what if there was a little page describing how a discussion is going mainly becasuse lots of people are lazy (including me) and dont want to read 5 pages of discussion or only read a last page and lok stupid for addresssing somthing that has already been brought up. Also if this is brought in I believe in some duiscussions there should be 2 of them one for eacxh side in arguments like creationism and the like.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Something that will do this, but differently than you described, is coming soon.

Stay tuned.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I don't think it really matters "how" its going, read the first post and add your own input.

[edit on 23-2-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I would imagine that such a page would be open to writer bias. If they have strong opinons that may reflect in the summary. Also some of the minor posts are actually the best.

Many times I have seen a post that actually addresses the topic missed in the debate because people are obsessed over another aspect. Take the serpo hoax for example, it was plainly obvious from early on it was a hoax, yet still the thread raged on.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hey thanks for the link NC.
I was wondering what all that Serpo stuff was all about...

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hey I didn't put that link there!!!

There must be a replace text program running serpo serpo more serpo SERPO

If you edit your post you see that the hyperlink code isn't there...

[edit on 23-2-2006 by Netchicken]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Hey I didn't put that link there!!!

I didn't either! Its a conspiracy!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
..... I don't like that at all ..... are we close to contextualized keyword advertising appearing in the posts themselves?

If there is anything that would make me leave ATS that is it....

[edit on 23-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is the ever famous: "I haven't read anything, anyone elsed posted, but this is what I think!"

I hate when people do that!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
EDIT: Glitch in the Matrix.

[edit on 23-2-2006 by curme]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
ATS-O-Matic

I haven't read anything, anyone elsed posted, but this is what I think!

Something that will do this, but differently than you described, sounds cool.

As long as it actually addresses the topic missed in the debate because people are obsessed over another aspect, I'll be happy.

Oh, and um... Serpo!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
OMG!!! it IS contextualized advertising look at this!! George Bush, just about to be released ...

Originally posted by sardion2000
..... I don't like that at all ..... are we close to contextualized keyword advertising appearing in the posts themselves?

If there is anything that would make me leave ATS that is it....

[edit on 23-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
are we close to contextualized keyword advertising appearing in the posts themselves?

We're only using it to promote our own site. The system adds links to www.projectserpo.org..., the alternative to the hoax website.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
oops, wrong forum, sorry ...

[edit on 23-2-2006 by Netchicken]

c4

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
One way to make ATS better would be to ban members who`s egos are getting big

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
A Forum Of One

Originally posted by c4
One way to make ATS better would be to ban members who`s egos are getting big

The problem with that strategy is that it would turn ATS into a ghost town.

c4

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
At least a smaller community would help to weed out the people who come hear to mock.
If there was a way to control the numbers,is it so important for ATS community to grow to the point that it becomes easier for the people in the mainstream to come hear to mock subjects they find funny.
ATS may benifit by seperating the contents into seperate sites so that say the military interested people havent got access to say the political or weird stuff.Does it all really need to be in the same site?
If a way could be found to run the site without using council members,Super modes etc.Yes there is a need to control content and obviously to much for one person to control but at the moment it is giving people to much control,being a ATS isn`t important in the real world but some of the police on hear does get a little childish at times.it is human nature for a person who is being told off to rebel against them.After all the site is viewed by by people who disregard certain rules.

top topics

join