It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phelps To Erect Matthew Shepard Monument

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
(Casper, Wyoming) Anti-gay preacher Fred Phelps has announced intentions to erect a monument to Matthew Shepard the gay college student brutally murdered five years ago near Laramie.

But, the monument will be no memorial. Phelps says the monument would be 5 to 6 feet tall and made of marble or granite. It would bear a bronze plaque bearing the image of Shepard and have an inscription reading "MATTHEW SHEPARD, Entered Hell October 12, 1998, in Defiance of God's Warning: 'Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind; it is abomination.' Leviticus 18:22."

www.365gay.com...

Phelps needs a hobby. A different hobby. Honestly this guy is worse than Clinton bashers. The kid is dead, he's been dead for years, let him rest already!

Oh yeah, how is he able to do this? Also from the article:

After a court battle over a similar monument in the city of Ogden, the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that any city that displays a Ten Commandments monument on public property must also allow monuments espousing the views of other religions or political groups on that same property.

Folks, this is why we separate Church and State. Any questions?

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
That is just sick. Stupid. I agree, he needs a hobby.

What I don't understand is how people can take what is written in the Bible as the exact word of God. I have read the Bible, and I have often thought, 'How many times has the text I am reading been translated?', 'How good is the translation from Hebrew?', 'How different is the meaning of a passage from the KJV and the NIV?'.

I understand that it is supposed to be the word of God and such, but how much information has been lost in translation?

Ever see Stigmata? Does the Gospel of St Thomas exist?

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   
If you take Leviticus literally, we are all going to hell and deserve a good stoning. Does anybody really follow that except when it suits their own personal agenda.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   
What a stupid waste of time.
What a Jackass!
I cant believe oh wait Yes I can. Another bible thumping retard that molests little boys and has a drinking problem dictating the rights and wrongs of the world.
Dude needs to get a life do something constructive with his time.
Instead of pushing his own insecurities off on other people.

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What about hate crime laws? There must be some hate crime laws that would prevent this?

A rendition of the monument is up on ol' Fred's site. You probably don't want to click the link at work, because of the URL. Link to monument
Funny that the Wendover Baptist site is mirrored at www.godhatesamerica.com...
No, really. It is.
I like how "God's truth" is also supposedly

...God, in His providence, brings down the symbol of America's financial might, made the Pentagon square, and plunged thousands more hateful Americans into hell...

in addition to the whole "God hates f***" thing.
Way to build credibility there.

I hate this guy.

-B.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What have I been telling you all about these repugnants???????

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hmmm... I wonder what his outlook would be if he spent the night tied to a fencepost, beaten, pistolwhipped, at 10 degrees below zero?

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Hmmm... I wonder what his outlook would be if he spent the night tied to a fencepost, beaten, pistolwhipped, at 10 degrees below zero?

OH, OH LET ME DO IT!!!!!!! I wanna do it!

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If you ever get angry and need to vent your anger, send him hate mail. It is the most fun thing to do, I love it.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
That guy has "issues"
you know the old sayings...

Hate is the opposite of love, you can not "hate" what you haven't loved or want to love/respect.
homophobia is a sign of repressed homosexual fantasies.

someone needs to look into this guys past and find out what YMCA camp he went to.
Maybe follow him and see if he frequents tearooms or rest stops...
(sorry for the overgeneralized stereotypes, just making a point)
I would bet he has skeletons in big ways...
he needs to be reminded:
let those without sin, cast the first stone.

new topics

top topics

join