It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bra Wearing Causes Cancer By 12500%

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Okay, what I'd like to share with you next is this study that was just completed that shows that penises under a certain size cause prostate cancer, and male-pattern baldness has been proven to be the leading cause of carcinoma due to over exposure of the sun.

All hail penis enlargement surgery. Bring on the weights.

I hope we've moved beyond hair plugs, though?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Whether saggy, perky or puffy ... who cares?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Set those puppies free!"

On a more serious note, I've always cautioned my wife and daughters about sleeping with a bra on, especially ones with underwires. My concerns were always with regard to proper blood flow and such.

Who'd of thunk it.?

[edit on 2/23/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

All hail penis enlargement surgery. Bring on the weights.

No need for surgery, there's an Arabian or Sub-saharan technique called 'Jelqing' which achieve that effect through simple massaging techniques. I bet my left nut that it works

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it was a man who invented the bra, those dirty ba$tard$. I only wear a bra outside of the house. I call it 'hangin' titties'! They are sooo uncomfortable. My boobies are too gimongous for My liking and the straps hurt My shoulders. After babies and breastfeeding there are no perky breast here! Besides, when I'm an old lady I'm gonna store a can of catfood under each breast!

Peace. K*

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

I do along with alot of other men and even women. If I wanted saggy Id move to a village in Africa. Man those look sweet with no bra ever and breast feeding multiple kids. Those boobies are so unattractive they dont even have to censor them on TV.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

I do along with alot of other men and even women. If I wanted saggy Id move to a village in Africa. Man those look sweet with no bra ever and breast feeding multiple kids. Those boobies are so unattractive they dont even have to censor them on TV.

Ever think about why you care about how perky anyones breasts are? Or why the woman next to you cares? It's not something inherent or immutable. It's just your conception of beauty, and like it or not, we're all going to get saggy when we grow old. Men and women.

Why is it, though, that the men feel the need to express their desire for an ideal (perky female breast) so vocally, particularly in the face of a study that indicates an increased risk for cancer due to the very means of maintaining the perkiness.

The issue here is not what YOU like, or even what you want. It's the reality that this conception of beauty that you are reinforcing right here in this thread and a desire for youthful perfection could be greatly increasing the risk of cancer in women.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This is the solution:

Chewing gum can 'enhance breasts'

A chewing gum which the makers say can help enhance the size, shape and tone of the breasts has proved to be a big hit in Japan.

B2Up says its Bust-Up gum, when chewed three or four times a day, can also help improve circulation, reduce stress and fight ageing.

The gum works by slowly releasing compounds contained in an extract from a plant called Pueraria mirifica.

In theory, this helps to keep the muscle tissue in good order.

Pueraria mirifica, also known as Kwao Krua, is a species found in Thailand and Burma.

It has long been used by indigenous hill tribe people as a traditional medicine.

The plant's underground tubers contain a number of chemicals called phytoestrogens - natural compounds which mimic the effects of the female sex hormone oestrogen.

These include miroestrol and deoxymiroestrol, which are believed to exert a particularly strong effect, as they are very close in chemical structure to oestradiol, the main human oestrogen.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I wonder if it tastes good in salads, too. Perhaps this new research linking breast cancer to bra use does not signal the end of firm, perky breasts, for Mother Nature has provided the solution. Hooray! All hail Kwao Krua (Pueraria mirifica)!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

Ever think about why you care about how perky anyones breasts are? Or why the woman next to you cares? It's not something inherent or immutable.

In truth is all about the genes IMO. You deep down desire attractive traits in hopes your off spring inherits such traits.

The same reason Female fiddler crads choose the male fiddler crabs with the biggest sexiest claws.

Look at the size of the claw on that one
sexy

We are really no different that any animal in this respect though sexual selection has moved beyond physical traits for humans and new factors have entered the equation like monetary wealth which has a direct effect on ones off spring.

[edit on 23-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You men are funny creatures. Boobs, boobs, boobs. Actually, just as many women stare at My boobs as men do. Back in the day I had no boobs and wanted them terribly. Today, after kids, they're huge and I hate them. I think perky or not it's all about personal preferences. Hell, I prefer perky too but I also realize that time takes it's toll on Us all. It's just strange to Me how breasts have become such a big deal. I mean, they're there for nursing Our young, when did they become 'playthings'? I'd like to think that we put more thought into choosing a partner than fiddler crabs do.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I stare for, uhmm, health reasons. Yes, that's right. I wish to remain healthy. Check this out:

Edit: the image died a quick death, had to re-upload.

[edit on 23-2-2006 by Beachcoma]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hi Beachcoma, I'm with you on this one - always done it for purely health reasons - a doctor once advised me to .........long pause then.........

Great pic !

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Its funny how that women think badly of men who are so interested in boobs, yet they fluff up their clevage all too often and most younger girls can't wait to get them. The breast enlargment clinics are full, yet I know no man with fake muscles.

Women like them as much as men, it's just that they get to see them everyday.

Boobs are a bigger deal in the US because they are hidden. In countires where topless women is common, boobs are no big deal. I say all women (over 18) should go topless when weather permits. Then, boob hunger and breast cancer subsides - we both win!!

For me though, I don't mind the droop. It is better than a flat desk.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm going to stay out of the cosmetic component of this argument because, while I admire firm breasts as much as anyone, there are far more important attributes to look for in a woman than her mammae. However, what concerns me is the methodology of this study and the willingness for some to leap on the bandwagon. I agree that 125-fold is nothing to shake a stick at, but without controls for other variables, nothing has been proven here except correlation and everyone knows that correlation is not causation, so there's a lot of follow-up to do before anything can be confirmed.

As for wearing any garment 24 hours a day, I'd have to say that that is probably not a good idea for anyone regardless of the garment or the gender of the wearer. I would also point out that we men evolved with our boys swinging in the breeze and no one's publishing data about the medical effects of wearing briefs.

One fact that might drive home the important lesson here is that educational achievement is positively correlated to shoe size. I wear a size 12. How much education do you have?

And I might add, there is no link.

[edit on 2006/2/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that many women are wearing their bras 24 hours a day

I hate bras, and take them off as soon as I am home, however cancer or not, I will not go outside bra-less only to become the focus of alot of unwanted attention.

also women with larger boobs do need their bras to prevent back and neck pain. This study just like any other medical study only serves to confuse people, one day something is bad, next day..not so bad. Ladies if you need a bra, use it for god's sake and worry about all the other risks out there related to cancer, not your bra.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I had heard this several years ago when I was dating a woman who had fibroid myalga (my spelling sucks sometimes) and had to have a lump (fortunately beinign) removed alomst the size of her breat to begin with. Now me personally I love to watch em sway back and forth so if we get this news out to women everywhere.........

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So what exactly is it that causes the cancer? Is it a fabric? or is it just the constriction?

Wierd. O.o

And you know, just a different perspective, I think all women, of all shapes, are beautiful and elegant. But you know whats not hot? cancer.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

I Agree! Small+perky+Firm=FTW!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I am shocked and amazed that some people are just using this thread as a lame attempt at humour and wordplay!!

Breasts should not be the subject of mirth!

Stop acting like a bunch of boobs....

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Since it is mostly women who get breast cancer, I think men should start breastfeeding babies and be the only gender with nipples at all. Especially since they like the breasts so much. I think the flat chest with no nipples would suit most women just fine, just think how many more joggers there would be... no bras, no tops to wear... plunging necklines to the bellybutton for everyone!

Right now I would love to have a flat chest these D's are a saggin and I would like to roll over in bed all at once, not in stages--position breast, 1/4 body roll.. position second breast, 1/4 body roll... reposition first breast, 1/4 body roll... etc.

Breasts, after you feed your kids, who needs them? Oh and why do men who never use them have them too--you think evolution would have done away with them by now, or at least the ones who need to have their chests lawnmowed and wear a bra of their own.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This is the most pathetic ATS thread ever, really shows the fourteen year old mentality of some of the people here.

Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among American women, except for skin cancer. It is second only to lung cancer as the most common cause of death among women.

American women start wearing "Training bras", as soon as they have little more than bumps.
Then they drive filthy cars for the remainder of their lives, and apply all manner of chemical and biological agents to their skin. Many of them are obsessed with tanning themselves under radiation, natural or not, because some magazine or television image told them it was the thing to do.

Someone mentioned selective breeding like peacock feathers or crab claws.
The difference is what an animal chooses in a mate is natural and evolves from generation to generation, what you small minded (and other parts) people are so blatantly ignorant of is the package you are choosing your potential mates on is an artificial and toxic illusion that instead of creating more potent and healthy offspring pretty much guarantees children with disabilities of one kind or another. Not only is this retarded way of thinking polluting individual bodies, but minds and the environment as well.

Instead of denying ignorance, and setting out to find out whether bras cause cancer or not, you act like a bunch of pre-teens at a slumber party. Truly a sign that this site and its members are no longer denying ignorance, but striking a pose as the poster children for it!

[edit on 4-3-2006 by Legalizer]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join