It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is President Bush so adament about transferring control of US seaports to UAE control?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Like many others, I have been rather surprised to hear about the transfer of control of several American seaports to UAE management. There are certainly many questions about terrorism that are raised by this issue. However, one intriguing aspect about this story is one that continues to nag at the back of my consciousness.

During President Bush's entire presidency, he has never vetoed any bill. Of course, with Republican control of Congress and the Senate, he really has never had to exert this presidential power. Yet, the recent issue surrounding the UAE/seaport control has raised a great deal of protest by members of both Democratic and Republican parties. This is not to mention a veritable tempest of concern from the American people. Still, President Bush has said that he would actually veto any bill that would try to block this deal.

Why would President Bush do this? Why would the President actually be at odds with his own party, much less the American people, over this issue?
Why would the President, who has expressed so much "concern" regarding terrorism suddenly be uncharacteristically "unconcerned" about terrorism when the perception of terrorism is so obvious to everyone else -- Democrats and Republicans included?

What is the President's motivation to take such a controversial position?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I'll take a shot. Perhaps he is leaving the scapegoat for the nuclear attack on American soil! New York Times will read: Bush declares war on Jihad! AAC

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Just another way to bust more unions

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This is because bush can line his pockets with some cash(and I thought clinton was bad
this angers me to no end.

This is the complete anti-thesis for everything bush is supposed to be fighting for. Not only is he outsourcing jobs he has taken it upon himself to outsource our NATIONAL SECURITY interests to line his pockets with cash.

This has proved to me bush's loyalty doesnt lie with the security of the american people, and probably didnt when it didnt suit his personal financial aquisitions.

He didnt even notify congress! The administration is supposed to make reports to congress! This is where I put my foot down and in doing so put my foot in my mouth for the last year or so on the issue of the Administration. THIS IS WRONG!

[edit on 23-2-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Because it's the American thing to do!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that there is a conspiracy to allow WMDs to be secreted into the USA
....but...........................that may very well be the result !

here's an interactive screen
note that none of the Port cities in the current fiasco are on this menu
(that would be too obvious...eh?)
what is interesting is that autos, i.e. surface delivery, is an option to choose

www.fas.org...

Draw your own conclusion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

on another angle, a prophetic one, its noteworthy that the
flag of UAE [a unified kingdom having 7 crowns] is reportedly 4 colors: white, red, black, green

which is also the colors of the 4 horses & riders of the Apocalypse....
(wooo-wooo ~ wooo-wooo)

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
You mention the Horses

I often have visions.

My last one was about horses.

Two horses were running in a lush green valley. At peace with one another and enjoying each others company.
A third one comes up to them and joins there party.
One turns into a mule and walks away.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
i have one thing to say "show me the money" i belive that this sale by the british will make them tons of cash and a few of Bush's pals will also benifit. do i say sell it to them? no! but in los angeles the chinese run parts of some of our ports as do other countries. i think that security should be our countrys concern. i think i need more input before i say more

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I would take a guess and say perhaps its has something to do with US military bases in UAE. Perhaps there was some behind the scenes deal to keep the bases in turn for the port deal or something.

I have no evidence just a theory might not even be a good one since we already have so many bases in the region already.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
"We are a nation that is addicted to oil"

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well the original question is "Why is Bush so adament about transferring control of US ports to UAE control?"

The answer is relatively simple, he is one of the bad guys and its his job to bring about a ritual cleansing through some fire and brimstone if he can.
The real bad guys who are also the real terrorists here are all on the same side and they are having a hell of time here on Earth, but thats nothing compared to what is waiting for them afterwards.

Either way, I see no possible way that life on Earth as it is can continue this way for any longer than the next 6 years. We have reached one of the volatile times in history and are doing everything wrong to try and fix it.

Our leaders are obviously trying to goad us into a sense of mistrust and fear of different nations and religions. This will probably result in some form of a World War 3 Armageddon type scenario, which will incorporate all the various nasty ideas humanity has invented. It is more than likely that all of us will die as a result of either nuclear, chemical, or biological horrors. That includes some real nasty stuff like a Bird Flu Pandemic, or someone dumping some weaponised AIDS into your local water supply.

Oh, and there are probably some real nasty natural disasters on the way as well.......Awesome!

Have no fear people, whatever is in charge is going to do a good job of getting rid of the virus of humanity from the Earth this time, although some homo sapien sapiens will probably survive for another couple of hundred, maybe even thousand years.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Have any of you read what is actually going on with this sale? About the committees and the gov't agencies who have already cleared and investigated the entire sale, the company and the ports. Bush is attempting not to anger the Arabs in America with the ignorant ramblings of congressmen who state "this company will bring terrorism to this country!!" and are trying to block the sale.

Folks, lots of port workers make nothing for wages, and it is easy to bribe anyone with enough cash. That is how things are smuggled (drugs).

How is Bush lining his pockets on this one?

also, the security is still the concern of the US and customs. Are you people ignorant enough to think that they will be providing and circumventing security?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666
We have reached one of the volatile times in history and are doing everything wrong to try and fix it.

Not even close IMO WW2 now that was one of the most volatile times in history. The Cuban Missile crisis etc. etc. so many more dangerous times to have lived in.

Originally posted by DrBones666

Our leaders are obviously trying to goad us into a sense of mistrust and fear of different nations and religions. This will probably result in some form of a World War 3 Armageddon type scenario, which will incorporate all the various nasty ideas humanity has invented.

If the US wanted to start Armageddon it would take about 20 seconds and there would be nothing the people could do about it. No complex plots of goading people to a sense of mistrust or anything like that needed just shooting nuclear missiles at Russia would do it and most of earths population would be gone before the public knew what was going on.

[edit on 23-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

[edit on 23-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
esdad71, i agree. I think Dr. Bones forgot to take his medication

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
esdad71 -

You beat me to it. You seem to be the only one who has any concept into what is really happening here.

Most people don't understand that the Port Authority is still in charge of the security of the ports! Not the UAE! Nothing here is going to change with the exception of who is making the profits and writing the checks. It is a management change, not a land sale!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
A whole lotta commotion about nothing. A UAE company buys A UK company that just happens to have a contract to unload cargo at US Ports and Bush is the bad guy here! That is really stretching it, even for ATS. Nothing is going to change, companies buy other companies all the time, this is no different. The same people who are working the ports now will be working the Ports then, only getting their paycheck from a different bank. Grow up, get a spine, get off this everything is a conspiracy BS. Because I've got news for you, everything isn't! Management changes, not the rank and file, not the blue collars! The USCG will still do their job, the Port Authority will do theirs and Homeland Secruity will do theirs, please get a grip. Geez
Arab owned doesn't = Terrorist!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The ultimate goal here is to allow WMD's into our ports and scream "POLICE STATE" at the very least.

There's also the possibility of one or more going off in pre-designated areas of the country.

One way or another, the powers that be will get this accomplished.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHOFLUNGGUM
A whole lotta commotion about nothing. A UAE company buys A UK company that just happens to have a contract to unload cargo at US Ports and Bush is the bad guy here!

But the UK company was really a private company. The UAE one is a company in pretty much name only its a state owned extenstion of another goverment.

I personally dont care what goverment it is no foriegn goverment should be in charge of US ports. Private companies based in other countries is a different beast IMO.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
You've been listening to too much AM radio

Originally posted by dgtempe
The ultimate goal here is to allow WMD's into our ports and scream "POLICE STATE" at the very least.

There's also the possibility of one or more going off in pre-designated areas of the country.

One way or another, the powers that be will get this accomplished.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Perhaps. Perhaps not.

This chaos is not going to culminate into anything "good", it is most definatedly leading up to something that we (you and I) cant even imagine.

By the way- Ya cant do one liners on ATS.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join