It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just curious about EBE's and religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I find it fascinating that so many people claim that aliens are the exiled angels returning to wreak devastation upon us. Why is it that so many so-called open minded christians immediately call aliens, which could have possibly been our progenitors, the devils servants.

Please enlighten me. I am an atheist and lack the knowledge to relate A & B.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well, I am a Pagan and had similar questions. Here is what I did.

While I was setting up a network for the Church of Christ, I asked the pastor to explain it to me. This wasn't a "Child, you need to come to church" deal. We sat down and had a wonderful conversation, even with him knowing my beliefs. I suggest you give it a try for a better understanding.

Anyway, it was explained to me this way....

Angels are sent by god to help and assist those that deserve it. They will appear to the faithful and test the unbelievers. Aliens, if they are real, are here for unknown reasons and go against what is taught by the bible. You hear of abductions, animal mutilations, and things of this nature. Does that honestly sound like something an angel would do?

That is the way it was explained to me. And today, that pastor and I are still good friends and try to get together whenever to discuss such things. Currently he is helping me understand somethings about the Ark and the Tower of Babel.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'm a Christian but I don't see the need to relate aliens and religion. My reasoning is that God made a pretty big universe and I doubt we're the only life. I also don't think He needed to tell us everything that's going on. There's no mention of the dinosaurs in the bible, so what. Why did he need to tell us about that? Why does he need to tell us about aliens? They could just be like us, created by Him but doing their own thing. And if they attack us, big deal. In the bible He ordered some military expeditions and there is obviously suffering happening on the planet already. I don't know, it seems like you can force the ideas together but I don't see why they have to be related.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well consider what an alien is or at least what the main rumors tend to say.

A sexless race that has advanced technology and can read minds etc etc.

Well what is the point of an alien life? They don't sound happy or have any real goals. If they can read minds which relates direct to psychic or something on a spirtual level.

Next if you ever read any mysticism I relate them to either one golemns or demons. If a person can see one why would it show itself? Why would Jesus,allah etc not show themself?

Most aliens seem to relate to Sirus and the gang being stuck out in space.

The biggest point would be well who created an alien if an alien is not any sort of spirtual being ie Demon or Angel. When you speak of an advanced life form like aliens there is not much thought of God as the alien becomes the supreme being. So I guess a deeper study of God would leave you at either they are Demons/Angels or if God is just a big soul producing machine which was at one time Chaos before anything was created maybe aliens are just an evolved race but what is life to them?

Last as far as the Dinos and the bible go as one of the posts mentioned. If you look at evolution from chaos it would make much more sense. If you are familar with run and return system which is talked about from Kabbalah texts than you can see how life forms have evolved very slow to the current state of Ipod loving people. However if you believe in Chaos and the above point than you can see why God should be reached with open arms in place of fear and rules or else Chaos would be reached again as we evolve so does the uncovering of God/Angels/Demons etc. So when the uncovering of God happens you see how fear equaling chaos can happen. Sorry so vague but deeper study would explain all my above points further.

There is reason for belief. As Jesus wrote:

Jesus said, "[If] those pulling you [say to you, 'Look,] the kingdom is in the sk[y,]' the birds of the sk[y will go before you. Or if they say t]hat it [is] beneath the ground, the fish of the se[a will go in, preced]ing you. And the king[dom of God] s within you [and outside you. Whoever] knows [himself will] find this [and when you] know yourselves [you will know that] you are [children] of the l[iving] father. [But if] you will [not] know yourselves, [you are] in [poverty] and you are the pov[erty.]"

www.webcom.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
alot of things match up with demons and aliens
this could mean 2 things

1. that aliens life forms from another plannet have been comming here for ages and they have been identified as demons by humans

2. theyre accualy demons

the things that match are...
animal mutilation, drained of blood etc - can be interpreted as demonic
aliens being spiritual in some reports - spreading false word of god, trick, devil
abducting people and scaring the crap out of them - thats cirtainly not good
chewpacubra and all that, sucking blood etc - interpreted etc....
theres a few more, also theres a good doco out there called "The Prophecy Club - Demonic UFOs (Paul Christopher) DivX.avi" watch it

also new agers, channeling etc can also be interperted as demonic

i dont really believe in the whole demon thing. i know there are bad spirts and such in lower plains when meditating chaneling etc but outright god devil stuff nah

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I don't think there is any connection between religion and ebe's I think there is a god of sorts but no Jesus (son of god, I think the man existed) angels, devil or anything of the sort, EBE's are more advanced civilisations and I hope that one day I will see them making contact.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think ancient humans may have percieved Aliens as Gods, Demons or Angels among other things but I dont think they are anything spiritual or magical about them. Just way more advanced technology.

They would be no more Gods or Angels then modern humans would be to cavemen. Sure with Modern tech you could appear to be very god like but its all smoke and mirrors of your technology.

new topics

top topics

join