It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sigma delta tau

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
what do people know about this fraternity? it has a very interesting shield cwith lots of judaica. i can't seem to break things down.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
its a sorority first off, yet is still considered by few as a female fraternity...... second, it says on its national website that it was founded as a jewish sorority that was established because of the religious minorities that were turned down by other greek organizations becuase they were not christian.

the Sigma Delta Tau's Badge is a gold torch with the Greek letters SDT inscribed on the crossbar. Below those letters are six pearls (five directly below and one at the bottom of the handle) which represent Sisterhood, Health and Social Awareness, Alumnae, Retreat, Panhellenic, and Philanthropy, the cornerstones of the Sigma Delta Tau New Member program. At the top of our Badge, in the flame, is a diamond, representing scholarship, the most important of our New Member goals.

thats all I got.....just google it and im sure you shall find more

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Why do people have an interest in the secrets of college fraternal organizations? I was in a fratnerity and yes we have secret stuff but it's nothing that outsiders would like to know. The knowledge is of value because you were part of the group and had experiences with your fellow brothers. I really feel like people would be uninterested to hear the 'secrets' of most organizations. People would ask me questions about it and I could never understand why.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
cedargrove,
I agree, secrets that are from college fraternal organizations probably would not be interesting to outsiders. I know that unless you are a full member of my fraternity, you would be lost on the meenings of our secrets. Yet I think that that the main reason that outsiders get intrest in the secrets is becuase of how college fraternal organizations seem to portray themselves as being better than others whom are not in the society. That public display of secrecy that can sometimes be observed (i.e. public handshakes and symbolism found on crests and coat of arms.) should fraternal organizations reveal their secrets?....not at all. but the image that they take upon themselves of being better than outsiders should be changed. I and many others are proud of our own societies, but that does not meen that we need to be cocky about it. Mabey if we change this idea, then will we see less attempt by others to pry into the organization. Never the less, there will always be people who want to know what goes on behind closed doors.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Dear cedar grove,

I think people are interested in secret societies because thier rituals are not open to the public at large. Our society values transparency and equal acess. So there could be some curiosity do to this descrepincy.

top topics

join