It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Champlain NY Loch Ness - new video!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
May I ask why everyone is so sure that the above images (as posted by Harry) is the head? When I first saw it "flipper" came to mind. Like in the flipper of a plesiosaur (NOT saying that this is a plesiosaur!)...

[edit on 27-2-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well I saw the video and the pictures. And while there's something definately in the water, Im afraid the video and pictures are not clear enough to make out any significant detail. While it's exciting to think about the posibilities there's nothing there in the video that "screams" Lake Monster to me. It could have been a number of different things. I just wish we had a higher quality of the video to look at and maybe we could make out some more detail that way.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
May I ask why everyone is so sure that the above images (as posted by Harry) is the head? When I first saw it "flipper" came to mind. Like in the flipper of a plesiosaur (NOT saying that this is a plesiosaur!)...

[edit on 27-2-2006 by Gemwolf]

To be honest I think it looks more like the head!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Did they say in the story anywhere of how deep the water was that this took place?

Also,

If this creature does exist, and has for quite sometime... is it plausible that it would, after all this time of being so elusive, come right up to the side of a boat?

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
If this creature does exist, and has for quite sometime... is it plausible that it would, after all this time of being so elusive, come right up to the side of a boat?

But considering all the eyewitnesses, its not really elusive, is it? Maybe it was just luck.

Also consider how many boats setting out that hardly even see fishes, despite the fact the water is teeming with it. But I guess that sometimes, you see one of those fishies swim right by your boat.

[edit on 27-2-2006 by merka]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Lake Champlain is 415 feet deep in some spots. So this thing would have no problem with that. And there are big fish like pike in that lake so it would have a food source. It looks more like the head to me!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Would someone mind finding me another source?
I tried to watch it on those two, but both took too long to load. Pretty please?

From what I've seen as far as screen shots go, the thing looks more like a head to me. Can't really say much else without watching the video.

Peace,
Void

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
so that "white area" near the top-right of the scene in question is supposed to be the 'body' or a 'hump'? it looks more like a part of the boat, doesn't it? or something else, other than part of the "thing". noone else sees this?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harry55
Please explain this. There is no way for a fish to do move back and forth in this fashion. I would love to see the original film the clarity would be much better.

[edit on 26-2-2006 by Harry55]

Hmmm...

Interesting animated .gif Harry...

I've been sitting on the fence on this one, but I'll tell you what I see in the .gif...

Looks like a large "something" be it fish or other, grabbing a either bow tie off line, or anchor line ( the white line ) and and jerking it ( looks like when it grabs it then jerks it the boat moves too)...

Still an interesting video, not sure I'm ready to write it off as a fish yet though...

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I feel like im stating the obvious here, but no one else seems to have realised this is clearly a big lump of kelp or seaweed, see below:

www.fisherycrisis.com...

www.abc.net.au...

Ive been out in my boat loads of times and seen, large lumps of kelp or seaweed floating below the surface, it causes small ripples on the surface and flaps around in the waters current.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I watched the video clip a few times to come up with a conclusion as to what I was actually seeing,I am confused to it as a "Fin" or a "Head", but on the more interesting note, it does appear to be physically in contact with the Bow rope.(Whoever picked that out,"Good eye!!") but there is a suredly something in the water and it looks as if it is under it's own navigatonal prowess.

GREAT FIND!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Seaweed in Lake Champlain?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Does anyone else think that its ironic that a man who believes there's a monster in lake champlain is laughing at me, a man who believes there is plant life in a lake?

Just think about it for a few minutes.

It may not be "sea" weed in the sense that its not in the sea. But if youve ever been near any body of water you will surely have noticed that it contains plant life that is very similar.

in conclusion, your an idiot.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by scepticsteve
Does anyone else think that its ironic that a man who believes there's a monster in lake champlain is laughing at me, a man who believes there is plant life in a lake?

Just think about it for a few minutes.

It may not be "sea" weed in the sense that its not in the sea. But if youve ever been near any body of water you will surely have noticed that it contains plant life that is very similar.

in conclusion, your an idiot.

Nah, your seaweed theory is moronic.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
please explain why...

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
regardless, it is unimportant. If you believe something enough then you will find ways to prove it. I am simply trying to provide a more logical explanation. If you want to believe a pleisosaur survived 150 million years in a single lake, then thats your perogative. Until i see more concrete proof then my mind will remain open, leaning towards the sceptical side.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Here is a picture of "Champ" from 1977.

I tried to get a screen shot from the ABC video but I couldn't. I'm still looking for another source of the video.

I dont know if anyone else sees what i see in this picture but it kind of looks like someone swimming. the "neck" looks like the arm coming out of the water. The only thing about my theroy that bothers me is that theres no splash or wake from the persons feet kicking (supposing im right) so i still cant definetly say that it is a person swiming, but it kind oflooks like it.

-Dave

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
the sea monster really does exist, if you want to ask me why i think that email me at [email protected].

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
rely kool im doing a project on him and im starting to belive it

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join