It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harappan city discovered!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hi, saw this earlier - looks like a major find. Fascinating civilisation of which not that much is known, this discovery may shed some light on it!

www.hindu.com...

Not sure about the source, but looks good enough to me! Could be some interesting stuff to come from this

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Awesome! They didn't put a date on it though. Maybe it's too new, so no testing has began?

By the way, any other news on that City found unterwater in the Bay of Cambay, that supposedly pottery was unearthed from circa 7-9 thousand BCE?

I also watched a program where The King's list in egypt was too new. They've found kings dating back before Menes and Scorpion. Cool stuff.

I love archeology! Keep us posted if there are any more news pertaining to your find...

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hi Arcane!

Read a book about the history of India by John Keay last year on holiday and there was a chapter on the Harappan civilisation which is why the article caught my eye. I'd never heard of it before, but found it utterly fascinating so when I saw the article I thought I'd post it in this forum as it may interest other members as well. I'm interested in archaeology, but only loosely. The Sphinx I find totally fascinating and I think there are lots of things known about the ancient Egyptians we aren't being told

I think there are also lots of things to be discovered under the sea, lots and lots. Graham Hancock is on the right track I think.

I also saw the Kings' list prog as well - v interesting. There was also the stuff unearthed by the tsunami in India as well - I'll see if I can find a link, also the underwater ruins off Japan and Cuba, and the stuff off Cyprus. I'll see if I can find some links, but may have to be tomorrow as I'm planning a hol at the moment and my girlfriend thinks I'm up here looking for flights

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by maldives01
Hi Arcane!

Hi maldives01!

Read a book about the history of India by John Keay last year on holiday and there was a chapter on the Harappan civilisation which is why the article caught my eye. I'd never heard of it before, but found it utterly fascinating so when I saw the article I thought I'd post it in this forum as it may interest other members as well. I'm interested in archaeology, but only loosely.

Same here! Not the John Keys guy (although he sounds intereting, I'll look him up), but the loosely watching Archeology.

We learn more and more about the ingenius of our ancestors. We're finally learning that to get how far we've come, it was a very long and drwan out road of evolution, not a quick burst as everyone in the early 20th had thought.

The Sphinx I find totally fascinating and I think there are lots of things known about the ancient Egyptians we aren't being told

I think there are also lots of things to be discovered under the sea, lots and lots. Graham Hancock is on the right track I think.

Indeed. The Sphinx is an amazing piece of art work. Although I do read most of Graham's books for information about what the current theories are, I always take them with a gran of salt. He is after all, not an Archeologist, but he is persistent in trying to find new areas of interest and helps push the envelope with new discoveries.

I also saw the Kings' list prog as well - v interesting. There was also the stuff unearthed by the tsunami in India as well - I'll see if I can find a link, also the underwater ruins off Japan and Cuba, and the stuff off Cyprus. I'll see if I can find some links, but may have to be tomorrow as I'm planning a hol at the moment and my girlfriend thinks I'm up here looking for flights

Yes, the King's list. I imagine that it will just go further back in time. As the Archeology gets better and new ways of searching emerge, I'm pretty sure that eventually, we'll have SHAMAN lists from before the Ice Age from around the world. That would be quite interesting, wouldn't it, finding out about the shamans that lead to spiritual leaders who eventually led to kings? I can't wait to jump into prehistory.

John

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Arcane, like you I can't wait "to jump into prehistory" as you so elegantly put it!
There is a lot to be discovered I'm sure! As promised, here's a few links for you. Firstly, this is a good site with great pics from the undersea ruins @ Yonaguni -

www.morien-institute.org...

There's also lots of good info re: Bay of Cambay there as well, and lots more - have a look through the site. Here's a link I found to the discovery of a Harappan burial site dated Nov. 2005 -

www.indianexpress.com...

And here's a good site with lots of info re the Harappans and other stuff as well -

www.archaeologyonline.net...

Plenty to keep you going for a while!

Take care

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
maldives01

Thank you for the links. I'll check them out eagerly.

new topics

top topics

join