It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, some anti-Dhimmitude

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Some NONviolent rallies planned in London by people (non Muslims and maybe even some Muslims) in support of freedom of expression. Looks like the world will get to see how civilized people protest and support their ideals. I bet nobody dies…

marchforfreeexpression

A Rally in support of Freedom of Expression will be held in Trafalgar Square, London, UK between 2:00pm and 4:00pm on March 25th 2006. A direct response to the Danish Cartoons controversy, this rally aims to send a message to British politicians of all parties demanding resolute action in the face of violence, threats and intolerance. The statement of principle for the campaign is as follows:
"The strength and survival of free society and the advance of human knowledge depend on the free exchange of ideas. All ideas are capable of giving offence, and some of the most powerful ideas in human history, such as those of Galileo and Darwin, have given profound religious offence in their time.

The free exchange of ideas depends on freedom of expression and this includes the right to criticize and mock.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I shall be there come rain or...erm...rain and uphold the mission to Deny Ignorance!

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
il be there too, and it is london, so we will ahve to endure the raid

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
How about taking a large banner on a pole with the legend 'Deny Ignorance' using the ATS typeface??

(but only on the ok of the 3 amigos...wouldnt want to be infringing on copyright or trademarks)

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
There have been quite a few non-violent protests regarding the cartoon issue all over the world, places like Austria, Bosnia and many others, only such protests are not interesting to show on FoxNews or any other mass media channel, so you missed it skippy

Lets hope the Rally in support of Freedom of Expression doesn't turn into an extremely over-hyped clash of civilisations or into something like those "civilized" anti-globalisation protests (known to turn violent).

On a side note, gotta love the journalistic generalisation and insane comparison of such great minds like Galileo and Darwin with a mediocre talented, not funny guy in a somewhat-known newspaper who drew a cartoon depicting a prophet as a terrorist

Yeah right, they are the same. There sure is going to be a huge advancement in our civilisation because of this cartoon.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for freedom of expression, but this cartoon cannot be used in a same sentence with Galileo or Darwin, it can however be compared to Michael Moore's work or something like that: overrated, funny to some, insulting to others, mediocre in quality and will soon fade into oblivion...

new topics

top topics

join