It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

remember the day after tomorrow? yea it may be happening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
A Shift in ocean currents is going to happen very soon. By very soon I mean within the next couple decades. When this shift occurs we will have average temps of that of the last ice age 20,000 years ago. (9 - 18F). The change is going to occur, as the movie says, because of freshwater in the north atlantic. Many scientist are starting to jump on this theory and when this happens many things will be affected. Some things will help earth and many will hurt earth.
! thing that it will help is it would act as say an air filter. The air would become much cleaner. On the other hand, during this deep freeze food will be more scarce. farming will be impossible in many places. the northern hemisphere will be most affected by the shift in currents, with us sitting in the middle of it.. I believe this will happen soon. give me your opinions on it if you would

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Do you have any links, or documents, proof about what you claim on this matter? Just hearing you say "I think this, and some scientist said" doesn't quite fit the bill.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
science.nasa.gov...

theres ya a whole artical from nasa on it

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The Day After Tomorrow has a LOT of truth to it.

There are only 2 major differences between it and what will happen in real life.

1. The whole process is going to take MUCH longer, won't take 2-3 days, 20-30 years is much more likely.

2. The whole idea of the 3 superstorms is a bit ridiculous to say the least, but one thing's for sure - this WILL stuff up the weather and weather patterns, and will probably send us into an ice age.

How exactly this will happen isn't clear, as has never been witnessed and recorded.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
Do you have any links, or documents, proof about what you claim on this matter? Just hearing you say "I think this, and some scientist said" doesn't quite fit the bill.

As this is a conspiracy site, I believe it is "I think this, and here's some documents as to why." If it wasn't, if we had pure unadulterated proof, it wouldn't be a conspiracy or a theory.

Anyways. I feel we are in for the next drop in temp as well.

Our modern climate represents a very short, warm period between glacial advances.

www.museum.state.il.us...

It's only a matter of time that we drop back into it. Personally, I'm glad. I can't stand this Florida heat anymore!
Hehe. I do realize however that it will kill BILLIONS of people (due to disease, illness, and starvation). Stupid weather.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
A Shift in ocean currents is going to happen very soon. By very soon I mean within the next couple decades. When this shift occurs we will have average temps of that of the last ice age 20,000 years ago. (9 - 18F)

No we won't. At worst temps in some places may be a few degrees f lower than today.

The conveyor is last thought to have switched off 8,200 years ago, an event which caused tempertuires in Greenland to fall by up to 5f

((R.B. Alley, from The Two-Mile Time Machine, 2000).

Not exactly the day after tomorrow
Though to be fair it would cause some climate related problems around the world should it happen.

There a good article on this from the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute here Well worth a read

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
A Shift in ocean currents is going to happen very soon. By very soon I mean within the next couple decades. When this shift occurs we will have average temps of that of the last ice age 20,000 years ago. (9 - 18F)

No we won't. At worst temps in some places may be a few degrees f lower than today.

The conveyor is last thought to have switched off 8,200 years ago, an event which caused tempertuires in Greenland to fall by up to 5f

((R.B. Alley, from The Two-Mile Time Machine, 2000).

Not exactly the day after tomorrow
Though to be fair it would cause some climate related problems around the world should it happen.

There a good article on this from the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute here Well worth a read

hmm maybe you should read the artical i posted from nasa

Europe's average temperature would likely drop 5 to 10°C (9 to 18°F), and parts of eastern North America would be chilled somewhat less. Such a dip in temperature would be similar to global average temperatures toward the end of the last ice age roughly 20,000 years ago.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If anyone is old enough to remember, way back in the 1970's, there were numerous TV programs, books, and even scientific journals raising alarms about an impending ice-age. Now it's all been global warming. The problem is that this isn't some sort of conspiracy or even that we can do anything about it. Seems that ole' Mother Earth just likes to change her clothes every now and then. The only difference is, the is the first time that modern humans will experience it and how we will cope with it.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
Seems that ole' Mother Earth just likes to change her clothes every now and then. The only difference is, the is the first time that modern humans will experience it and how we will cope with it.

Well said.
It is imperative we look at climatic events in terms of "climatic change," as opposed to superimposing one label over the other (Global Warming or Global Cooling).

It seems when discussions are limited to one or the other, there is always enough empirical data to support the opposing theory. However, when considered in terms of change, the topic is much less polarizing, and most anyone will certainly agree the climate is changing.

And when you consider we are possibly enterring cycles with periods ranging from 11,000 years (Siberian permafrost melt) to 780,000 years (eventual magnetic polar reversal), we have no existing accounts outside of geological records. The last time these cycles occurred, man was too busy with keeping the fire in his cave lit to record the weather...

Sadly, we really don't know what to expect in the years to come, and I only hope that someday I don't have to worry about answering my future grandkids when they ask me, "Grandpa, what was life like on the surface?"

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
The whole idea of the 3 superstorms is a bit ridiculous to say the least

I am a proponent of the superstorm theory. Among my expectations; the trough that brings cold Canadian air south to the Gulf of Mexico and then back north along the eastern seaboard will form a LOOP during the month of January somewhere between 2010 and 2015. Once formed it should remain intact for a period no less than 30 days.

This counter clockwise loop (appearing similar to a hurricane) will then siphon oxygen poor, super chilled air from the upper atmosphere (tropopause) to the surface of the earth. As this superstorm moves across north america surface temperature may drop as low as 40 below C in climate zones 6 and 7. Temperature isotherms surrounding the storm will be densly packed, causing such temp drops to occur within hours or even minutes.

The following spring mean temperatures will be indicative of the new norm; ice age.

No sources on that... consider it channeled/intuition.

I plan to be spelunking in the Ozarks,

Sri Oracle

new topics

top topics

join