It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concensus of recent ATS problems going unnoticed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Regarding duplicate threads:
It is relatively easy to spot duplicate threads in the same forum, say War on Terrorism. But if one thread is in WOT, another in Other Current Events, and yet another in PTS, it is almost impossible for that WOT forum mod to see the dups. We must rely on other staff and the members to alert us so we can cllose the duplicates.

(you can see which mod has which forums by looking on the ATS, PTS or BTS main page)

ed. spelling

[edit on 22-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ok, as one who has been guilty of starting a duplicate thread (it was closed, there was one a day or so older)......I used the search function before I posted....using several possible combinations of search phrases, even looking thru the first page of recent posts to that forum......and saw NO others with the same topic or title!!

Now before anyone offers the obvious conclusion...No, I am not simply stupid, and I have years of paperwork to back up that claim.... ( not bragging, just 'splaining..ok?)
I have a reasonable amount of luck when using Google to find things, and even when using the ole card catalogues in pre-computer libraries....so I'm at a loss to explain my lack of results with the search function.......gremlins maybe?

And my gripe button no longer works.....probably something to do with my setup on this end, but the other buttons don't seem to be affected......so, again, gremlins? Anyway, the only gripe I've had in a great while, I U2U'd to the moderator of the forum in question....I guess it was ok, as I received no 'please don't do that' response.

Any suggestions to either prob will be appreciated....

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hey, despite our best efforts, dups will happen.
The search function works a lot of the time, but I've had instances where I couldn't find something I KNEW had been posted. Have you tried using the Google search on the ATS search page? How about the TAGS? With almost 25% of the threads tagged, you may have some luck:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As far as your Gripe button *shrugs* I'm tech-challenged.
But, my u2u works, I'm here most days and always check my u2us...so feel free.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join