It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) = Alien Abduction?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm not a usual poster in this area but something caught my eye today that is relevant to this forum.

This thread reports on a US Supreme Court decision to allow a religious group unfettered access to a hallucinogenic tea. The active ingredient is dimethyltryptamine. When I looked this up on wikipedia I learned that '___' is naturally produced by the human body in small amounts by a mechanism not yet understood.

Several speculative and as yet untested hypotheses suggest that endogenous '___', produced in the human brain, is involved in certain psychological and neurological states. As '___' is naturally produced in small amounts in humans and other mammals[1] (although the mechanism is not yet understood), some believe it plays a role in dreaming, near-death experiences and other mystical states. It has been speculated by the researcher Jace Callaway that '___' might be connected with visual dreaming. It is also speculated that '___' can be found in elevated amounts during times of visual dreaming or after near-death experiences.

So some paranormal experiences may possibly have a physiological explanation, but what also caught my eye was the following sentence:

In a 1988 study conducted at UNM, psychiatrist Rick Strassman found that approximately 20% of volunteers injected with high doses of '___' had experiences identical to purported alien abductions.

So what do you think?

Are alien abductions just a byproduct of biochemistry?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I've done a lot of drugs, but one I will never do is '___'. I don't know about a connection with aliens or whatever, but what I do know is that is one of the craziest experiences you can have. I suggest you don't try it lol...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
So you are saying that when you take '___' an alien comes and quickly abduts you???

No. That is un-feasable.

'___' is arguably the most powerful hallucinagen known to man.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm not advocating the use of drugs but this molecule is apparently made naturally in the body which suggests to me that under the right circumstances its effects may be experienced by people without knowing what is happening to them and one of those effects is the experience of "alien abduction".

[edit on 2/21/2006 by Gools]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
'___' is a substance occuring naturally in the brain. It appears 49 days after conception ( IE after the egg gets inseminated ).

All human beings have '___' naturally in the brain.

Pther items worth mentioning that have '___' are Cubensis type mushrooms, ayahuasca. Theres a lot of other things in nature that contain '___' as well.

EDIT: To add the part about mushrooms

[edit on 21-2-2006 by LaoTzu]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Gools,

I've known about this for a while. I personally think its fascinating that so many people "see" the same things and that these are so similar to abduction stories.

Also the chemistry to it is also very interesting.

Edit: Here is a link I was going to start a thread about some time ago but never did. This thread is as good as any place so here it is.

Drugs, art and the aliens who lit our way to civilisation

[edit on 21-2-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
A great resource on this topic is the book "'___' the Spirit Molecule" by Rick Straussman, M.D.

Basically this guy got federal grants to study the effects of '___' in humans. He administered hundreds of doses and recorded the physical and recollected the volunteers experiences.

One byproduct that came about had to do with alien abductions in fact hehe.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I've only studied '___' (ayahuasqueros) as used in shamanism and find it very interesting!

Check the new National Geographic Adventure Magazine: Peru Hell and Back.

If you go to their website: www.nationalgeographic.com...

You can check somethings out.

An interesting read on the subject can also be found in: The Cosmic Serpent by Jeremy Narby.

If you want to see some paintings of "trips" from shamanic use, this guy is great!

www.pabloamaringo.com...

Be careful what you seek, this may give you just what you ask for!

Edit to add: On Pablo Amaringo's site check out image 10. That fits with alien abduction imagery!

[edit on 21-2-2006 by CasualOne]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
wow, sign me up! I'm a follower with them! maybe I'll see a reptillian

*slurps coffee*

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There's an interesting thread about tryptamines here: Tryptamines and God

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
'___', '___', Mushrooms, Marijuana, etc. etc.. etc..

These things will not bring you any closer to the truth.

I could easily myself write:

"The Hallucinator: There and Back again"

No one has found a way to talk to Aliens or defeat the Old Heirarchies through exploring their own mind - and way too many talented individuals have lost themselves along this path.

At best these things can sometimes help bring out the creativity you already have inside you - and at worst they can damage your mind and soul permanently.

Maybe when we have achieved a Second Renissance - and the standard of living is excellent throughout this planet - hallucigens will be an interesting/useful tool - right now they serve only as a destraction and posion that gives our common enemies the upper hand.

Lets work at fixing reality first, mmmkay?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Just to thorw a thorn into someones side, this is what Graham Hancock's new book is about. It's called SUPERNATURAL, and it's about how natural '___' and certain plants helped spark the dawns of critical thought, art, religion etc.

I watched a show recently called Rise of Man, and it said that 40-30,000 years ago, is when rock paintings, statue carvings, shamanic leaders, etc. first appeaed. What also appeared were the mixing and usage of certain plants. And the only way some of these are hallucenigenic, is with certain mixed percentages.

Anyone here of Aiwass?

Crowley claimed to have talked to him on one of his 'journeys' 30+ years before the 'greys' made it to the table. Seems to look like an alien to me. And the fact that most abductions take place during sleep paralysis seem to help this theory (to me at least). As with Astral projecting.

I believe that certain chemicals, like '___' (because it is naturally occuring within us), can actually take us to another dimension.

I personally have not tried any drugs, but a lot of research has been done on it. Too bad I can't find a print of SUPERNATURAL here in the US, meh.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcane Demesne

I personally have not tried any drugs, but a lot of research has been done on it. Too bad I can't find a print of SUPERNATURAL here in the US, meh.

I'm currently reading Supernatural. Hancock tried the 'ayahuasca' stuff ten times, for research.
and he also took 'ibogaine', which is also a hallucinogenic drug.
He believes the hallucinations are actually another realm/ dimension of consciousness , which the Ancients also had access to. I'm only on page 50 (of 600) though, so I'm not really sure where Hancock is going to in his book.

You should really try to get a copy of the book, its very interesting.
Here is a review of the book: www.andrewcollins.com...

[edit on 2-22-2006 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I know my single experiment with '___' did not involve an abduction, just lots of pretty colors and a really euphoric, spiritual experience. Not to advocate...only educate.

I remember nothing even remotely similar to an alien abduction, and I am pretty sure I remember the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
I'm currently reading Supernatural. Hancock tried the 'ayahuasca' stuff ten times, for research.
and he also took 'ibogaine', which is also a hallucinogenic drug.
He believes the hallucinations are actually another realm/ dimension of consciousness , which the Ancients also had access to. I'm only on page 50 (of 600) though, so I'm not really sure where Hancock is going to in his book.

You should really try to get a copy of the book, its very interesting.
Here is a review of the book: www.andrewcollins.com...

Yeah, I can't wait to get a copy of that book. I heard him talk about it on Coast to Coast AM. Thanks for the link to the review!

Man. Barnes and Nobles said it was already out of print... But I don't even know if it came ou t in the states yet... Oh well. I think I'll order it from Canada.

Originally posted by DaFunk13
I know my single experiment with '___' did not involve an abduction, just lots of pretty colors and a really euphoric, spiritual experience. Not to advocate...only educate.

I remember nothing even remotely similar to an alien abduction, and I am pretty sure I remember the whole thing.

It probably depends on brain chemistry. Also, we may view certain beings differently than someone else might. I'm still reluctant to try anything. One becuase of the dangers (if there are any, I still need to do more research), and two because of its illegality (which I think is stupid, it's already in our brains for christ's sake!). But the studies do show that most people speak to and see the same beings...whether it is engrained into our conciouness, or they are actual interdimensional beings, I'm not sure. After I read this book (600 pages? sounds short for a hancock, haha :lol
, I definitly might wanna try one of those south american tours they have. I heard about those somewhere.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have quite a few friends that are into that sort of stuff. I personally am not a big fan of hallucinagens, but I have tried quite a few at least once. This is the first I have ever heard of "beings" in visions like what is being described here, whether from me personally or any of my crazy friends.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yea i heard dmt can produce some crazy hallucinations or experiences, I haven't tried it but I have tried Salvia divinorum 20x and that trip was pretty ridiculous i was at a park when inhaled the grass turned purple and started to rise up to my knees, it felt like i was a giant walking on a purple jungle. Then when i looked to the sky i saw 3 planets or something 1 looked like saturn it was really big the other was jupiter and another was neptune. The trip lasted about 20 minutes but its forever implanted in my head, It was pretty radical but i wouldn't really recommend anyone to do it. '___' is pretty crazy i have heard people traveling through space and time through visions and it all felt very life like. Its probably like astral projection

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
'___' is a very interesting drug. It is present in your mind during Birth, Sleep, and Death. Ive done some reading on it over at *removed* I dont think it has anything to do with abductions. Read up on it and find some experiences on the site i posted to compare.

Mod Edit: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia are strictly forbidden.

[edit on 24-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Once again it looks like some members have completely missed the boat.

This was not started to talk about all the drugs you did! That would be a violation of T&C.

My point was that since '___' is a natural chemical found in the body and it has been linked to experiences of alien abduction that some of these stories may be nothing more than the product of biochemistry under the right circumstances (high stress, traumatic events etc.). No doubt the people reporting them really believe what they experienced but maybe, just maybe, it's all in their heads, literally.

Alien & UFO Forum mods have (and have always had) a green light to issue warns where appropriate and to close this thread anytime. Sorry if I caused any hesitation or trouble for the mods of this forum.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Last warning, people. If people continue to share their personal stories of drug use the thread will be closed.

Don't spoil a good thing. This is an interesting topic and you can have fruitful discussion about the implications of the possibility Gools has presented. Don't waste it and throw it away with talk that goes against the T&C.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join