It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Letter to America from a Canadian - Read at own risk!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminati-NWO

And Nyeff, I forget what the US has done, they did nothing if you are referring to WWII, the war was allready won in 1945, only thing the US did was land on the beaches of France, Hitler was defeated way before that, if you think the entire war depended on OHAMA beach then you are dearly mistaken, not believing me is questioning history itself just ask the British who gallantly crushed the German airforce, just ask the French, Belgian and british ground troops who did all the hard work. [\quote]

Yeah...thats why there's that famous picture of the Nazis goose stepping down the Champs d'Elysses, because of all of those "brave" French soldiers... thats why when the US sent tanks to Britan when they were fighting Rommel in North Africa they called them ELH's "England's Last Hope"

I feel like the world is populated by retards and I am the odd one out
My wife's grandfather felt like this...its called a Bi-Polar Disorder

now stop pissing me off before we crank up the Enola Gay again

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm not sure who it is who is telling you what their kids are learning, but everyone around me was done with these simple mathematics you list by 3rd grade.
My school was doing pre-calculus and calculus by the time we were 14-16.
It is also normal to have AT LEAST 1 non-english language. I personally have been required to take 3, as were the people who went to school with me.

I don't know anyone who never took a foreign language or who was doing square roots and long division at those ages.

Also- it may still be more but your amounts for college are WAY off. They start as low as $1,000/year if you don't get any grants or scholorships. That is BS to say "no single school in the US can beat a European school"- if you are so educated you should realize you can't make a statement that broad based on just your family's opinions.

Originally posted by Illuminati-NWO

Which brings me to the following point, how come in the US kids of ages 14,15,16 get tought simple mathematics of square root, division and adding while these same kids in Europe get tought derivitives, logarithms, and probable chance maths, how come in the US kids get tought 1 language and the same kids in Europe get tought 3-4 different languages, how come in the US kids get tought only US history and near nothing of foreign history while EU kids get tought the history of many countries, I can keep going like this and I know I am right, I have American family and more then often have I wondered why the educational system is so #ed up in the states but now I know why.

My sister in law who lives in Massechusetts is furious because she cannot send her kids to a proper college, I asked her what was up and then I heard this sad story. If you want a good education in the US you must be willing to pay 10,000 to 30,000 dollar a year, while kids in Europe can get a far far better education for only 450$ a year. No single school in the US can beat a European school in terms of learning experience and sheer volume of tutoring. And that only for 450$, every kid that wants a proper education can get one, so why is this in the states only for the real elite rich kids, look at the reason above!!

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by American Mad Man
# YOU, # CANADA, AND # ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH THE GREATEST NATION EVER TO GRACE EARTH, THE USA.

Excuse me? The slaves that actually built this country and the Native Indians it was stolen from called. They said back at cha Champ and enjoy the language warn. You earned it.

Excuse me buddy, but I was not the one saying that Europeans built the USA - I said that AMERICANS built the USA, that includes black slaves. Go rant on the guy who said that Europeans built the USA mr. moderator. And as for the warning, warn me all you want - I still give a collective "F U" to people that display this blatent anti-american attitude.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by blanketgirl
I'm not sure who it is who is telling you what their kids are learning, but everyone around me was done with these simple mathematics you list by 3rd grade.
My school was doing pre-calculus and calculus by the time we were 14-16.
It is also normal to have AT LEAST 1 non-english language. I personally have been required to take 3, as were the people who went to school with me.

I don't know anyone who never took a foreign language or who was doing square roots and long division at those ages.

Also- it may still be more but your amounts for college are WAY off. They start as low as $1,000/year if you don't get any grants or scholorships. That is BS to say "no single school in the US can beat a European school"- if you are so educated you should realize you can't make a statement that broad based on just your family's opinions.

I couldn't agree with you more

I was doing calc at 15 at my school, and I was considered to be in the second "slowest" math class out of 4 different sections. We only had a 2 language requirement, one of which was Latin.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You just wasted 5 minutes of my life that I can never get back. Thanks alot, a$$hole. All you're doing is spewing nonsese, insults, and sereotypes. You racist son-of-a-(fill in the blank). And this is allowed on the board? Gee, I wonder what would have happened if this letter was about another country....

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
You just wasted 5 minutes of my life that I can never get back. Thanks alot, a$$hole. All you're doing is spewing nonsese, insults, and sereotypes. You racist son-of-a-(fill in the blank). And this is allowed on the board? Gee, I wonder what would have happened if this letter was about another country....

Who might it be that has wasted your precious time�.I noticed that you didn�t waste any time with the standard liberal denouncement of those who don�t agree with you as racists.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes

Who might it be that has wasted your precious time�.I noticed that you didn�t waste any time with the standard liberal denouncement of those who don�t agree with you as racists.

I'm talking about the person who wrote that racist letter about America is a racist. I'm saying that HE wasted my time.. Those who don't agree with me as racists? Huh? Are you calling me racists? Or are you calling the people who don't agree with me racist? Maybe you could re-word that for me. I'm not liberal, I'm conservative.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I'm talking about the person who wrote that racist letter about America is a racist. I'm saying that HE wasted my time.. Those who don't agree with me as racists? Huh? Are you calling me racists? Or are you calling the people who don't agree with me racist? Maybe you could re-word that for me. I'm not liberal, I'm conservative.

My apologies then Herman, with the lack of directionality of your post I assumed that the post directly previous to yours was the target of your ire. After reading that post I could not conclude what in the world could possibly be racist about it and thought you were gouging him.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
[edit on 29-8-2004 by blacman2k6]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
For anyone that wants to continue with this ridiculous thread, this member was last active 14-12-2002 at 10:23 PM. I'm guessing they won't be checking in on these replies.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes

My apologies then Herman, with the lack of directionality of your post I assumed that the post directly previous to yours was the target of your ire. After reading that post I could not conclude what in the world could possibly be racist about it and thought you were gouging him.

oh, yeah. it's no problem. i should have specified. right now, though, my stupid keyboard is screwing up...so i guess i'll fix it later.

shift button is broken for some reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join