It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews in US Government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I was searching in google and I came up with this site...

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

Opinions?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
These are American Jews, therefore, they are entitled to hold positions for which they are qualified.

[edit on 2006/2/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well no wonder why Israel gets so much support

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
WOw, Anti-Semites anyone? And who says the KKK doesn't have people in power anymore...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
anti-semitism? I ain't insulting, jews.

But wouldn't that make most decisions Biased?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think you need to formulate some position or the other and articulate that to facilitate discussion. Otherwise, your going to find yourself in a position of creating a good deal more trouble than you're probably looking for.

[edit on 2006/2/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thawyze
anti-semitism? I ain't insulting, jews.

Phhp!
You really should realize that everyone knows what you are trying to get at. You dislike jews, think that they are evil zionist bastards and shoudl be wiped out/moved out/kept track of/herded into camps/gased in chambers.

There are jews in the US government because the US governement is open to everyone. The US government favours Israel because Israel is geostratigcally important to the US and because Israel is basically a western democracy in a sea of eastern autocracies. You don't need 'evvviil joooos' infiltrating the US government to get US government support of Israel.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well, that site needs a lil updating. Some of the folk there are no longer a part of the G-Dub administration. The neo-cons and the pnac are jewish folk or chrisitans in support of Israel. Many feel it is anti-semitic to point that out. But, the christian/jew political connection is worthy of discussion without the name calling. Christians of our president's faith feel it is their duty to help Israel because of the end times prophesy.

The Jesus Factor
I don't know if many have seen this Frontline Special about Bush and his faith--so I'll provide the link to support that Bush considers himself an Evangelical which goes to his belief in end times. (I understand that many believe he is pretending to get votes.)

good article about where the Evangelicals stand on Israel

This interest in the end times and the prophetic role of Israel has meant tens of millions of dollars of support every year from evangelical Christians in the US. This funds projects in Israel ranging from helping immigrants and planting vines to promoting settlement expansion and decrying any plans for Jerusalem other than unilateral control by Israel.

US Christian Evangelicals Raise the Stakes

thawyze, it isn't completely irrelevant. Gotta fight through the name calling, cousin. My advice is to have a better opening post. What is your opinion? If you gave an opinion maybe folk wouldn't have to assign one to you.

You asked for opinions on the site you provided. Well, it needs an update like I said, but I don't think it is a coincidence that there are a lot of neo-cons in this administration whether they be jewish or chrisitian they all have the same goal. Its just a case of like minds.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

In his book, The End of Days: Fundamentalism and the Struggle for the Temple Mount, Gershom Gorenberg details how some Christian evangelicals are directly supporting plans by those Jews who want to rebuild the Temple, including a cattle-breeding program to produce a blemish-free red heifer required for sacrifice before the ground can be sanctified. In this case, one religion's sanctification would be another religion's atrocity. Some Jews and Christians have joined with Muslims to warn against promoting any apocalyptic scenario for the small hill in Jerusalem. Yet Gorenberg's fears that a confrontation between religious fanatics from these faiths could spark wider violence are well grounded. Too many political and religious leaders are playing with fire in this situation. By taunting heaven, they risk an outcome from hell.

world.mediamonitors.net

Supporting Israel for the purpose of facilitating prophesy is as about as wrong headed as it can possibly get, however, in my opinion, support for Israel is the right thing to do, regardless of the underlying reasons.

If Jews ruled the world, it would be a sick agenda, indeed, to live in what is perhaps the most God forsaken piece of real estate on the planet. Antarctica would be less hostile. As an American, I would be willing to set aside a piece of our nation to give Israel a peaceful homeland.

However, I am not uncaring of the Palestinians. Regardless of what can be said of their tactics against Israel, it would seem that there would be some diplomatic arrangement that could assuage the situation, giving Palestine a sovereign nation. However, such an arrangement is in their hands and the Israeli's hands and there seems to be little that outsiders can do to help foment peace. The only solution, it seems, for Arabs, and Muslims, in general, is the destruction of the nation of Israel and therein lies the real problem.

More than Bible prophesy, I would say that American support for Israel comes from the philosophical connection of Christianity and Western Civilization to Judaism and the traditional tendency of Americans to root for the underdogs.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Grady...please read this speech by Rep. Ron Paul (R. TX), if you haven't already. Its just something I think every American should read but I won't lie I was definitely shocked that you want to hand over land in our country to a foreign nation.

Neo-Conned

Some other reading that will help is the actual book that Rep. Paul refers to near the end--Machiavelli on Modern Leadership by Michael Leedan. I accidentally read this book because of my obsession with Tupac and the Seven Day Theory (Thank God for Pac). Rep. Paul says it was handed out at a Republican strategy meeting. These folk have taken over our government. They have used Republicans and they have used liberals.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
How interesting!!

Last I checked, an American Citizen may run for office regardless of his religion and was free to serve in the capacity that his community elected him to without having people point at him due to his religion.

Perhaps during campaigns the Jewish candidates should wear stars, the christian candidates should wear crosses, the Muslims a crescent etc so that people could stop wasting space on the internet complaining about things like this?

EDIT: By the way approximately three quarters to eighty percent of Jews are registered Democrats for their whole lives, so um... bitch about Wolfowitz and his ilk all you want, I don't think it's fair to say that the "neocons" (I love taglines) are Jewish. Some jews yup, but it doesn't go much beyond that.

The Jewish money (with regard to political races) goes to democrats like Clinton, Lieberman, Schumer, even Gore...

[edit on 2-23-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
DJ---Why do you assume folk object to them being Jewish? The truth, not one of these folk ran for an office, except Dick and he aint no Jew last I checked. Their policies are ruining this country. IF you aren't going to talk about this big boot on the american peoples neck why even comment on a thread that is about the policy and ideology...no, let's not...instead let's defend something that doesn't even matter...like being jewish. The policies are crap and I'd say it if it were a bunch of Christians--a bunch of Muslims--a bunch of Jews even if it was a bunch of Hare Krishna.

And--NEOCON is not a tagline it is a name that they gave to themselves. It's not like they are hiding their policies under a rock. They are doing this right out in the open. Cousin, read the link to the speech by Ron Paul--this same speech has been posted over and over again on this site. Or if you can't trust Mr. Paul, do your own google searches of Irving Kristol who wrote the book Reflections of a Neoconservative.

Defend their use of Machiavellian ideology if that's what you believe in...I'd rather that than some bogus claim that anyone that doesn't accept the policy of the pnac and their "ilk" are anti-semitic.

Americans should educate ourselves on what these people believe...they are writing the policy--commanding the wars--and bankrupting this nation. The fact that a book advocating the rules of Machiavelli was turned loose of the American people should be enough. Read the book, Machiavelli on Modern Leadership then have your say.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I'd rather that than some bogus claim that anyone that doesn't accept the policy of the pnac and their "ilk" are anti-semitic.

Come on now... you know that's not even close to what I meant.

I have issues with the article posted in the initial post due to it's rather "silly" analysis of organizations and offices. I'm sure it's quite relevant, to some idiot with nothing to do, that the chair of the american sportscasters association is jewish or perhaps the writer's guild MIGHT be.

That was my issue there. Blah blah, he's a jew she's jew, honestly who the hell cares. If someone is a jerk, they're a jerk. I just don't see why people spend the time and energy to make an asinine website pointing out who's a jew. They're citizens of the country, whatever elected or appointed posts they're in, they're in. If they suck, vote for someone who will appoint other people. "Jew" is simply NOT a factor.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Truly, DJ. Sorry for misunderstanding. I guess I'ma lil thick-headed too...at times.

Still the stuff is worth a look, and I actually posted here to help thawyze and maybe direct the conversation toward more relevant convo. More than the "you're an anti-semite"--"no I aint".

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i don't care what religion they are, but the site portrays jewish people as being of a single culture. it says that the American Institute of Polish Culture is ostensibly NON-jewish... there were plenty of polish jews...

it says that they control the NAACP...
even if there are jewish people in the NAACP, i know plenty of black jews (ok, so maybe its only 3) so it's probably an exagerrated statement.

this site also says that jesus wasn't a jew, so it has little to no credibility

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
DJ---Why do you assume folk object to them being Jewish?

If they weren't jewish, there'd be no suspicion. Peopel sucpect jews of being evil and inherently wrong. Its called anti-semitism. When was the last time you saw a thread here about 'look at all the mormons in government, they're traitors to the fatherland!"

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If Mormons had the influence of the neocons and were destroying this country's freedoms from within with their messed up ideology, then there would be a list of them too. Ledeen openly calls for a dictatorship and advocates lying to the people so much that they no longer know what's true. And, again, this was handed out at a Republican strategy meeting. Read the book. It is at you local library. That's all Rep. Paul is asking, that the American people educate themselves about what is going on in there government.

Then, if you agree with them that we are so messed up and corrupt that dictatorship is the only answer come back and defend their position.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
If Mormons had the influence of the neocons and were destroying this country's freedoms from within with their messed up ideology, then there would be a list of them too.

But then lets be clear, it doesn't matter how many jews are in government, its how many neo-conservatives, regardless of whether or not that wear yarmulkes or cowboy hats.

Ledeen openly calls for a dictatorship and advocates lying to the people so much that they no longer know what's true.

Not familiar with Ledeen. Sounds like what I've heard about Strauss.

Then, if you agree with them that we are so messed up and corrupt that dictatorship is the only answer come back and defend their position.

Not all neo-conservatives are straussians and the like. Neoconservatives were originally leftists who went over to the right, they tended to be jews and the issue that tending to be schismatic was support for israel. Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld aren't these kinds of neoconservatives, whats usually meant by neo-conservatives is c.f. 'intervetionists conservatives' or perhaps more accurately 'radical republicans' or 'reactionary militants'. The so-called Bush Doctrine, from what I understand, is really a collection of stuff that Cheney had been calling for for decades, pre-emptive war, hyper-military, etc.
None of this is, imo, necessarily welded to the straussian ideals, or that the US needs a 'bigman' to direct its to 'cut through the red tape'. Thats actually a relatively old idea, its old school fascism, that was the arguement of the pre-wwii fascists, that a democratic society lead by committee can't be as efficient as one directed by a leader. Most people bought into it and most people, even today, think that it makes intuitive sense.
Anyway, thats perhaps a digression, I'll have to look into this ledeen character too. But, again, if the issue is neoconservatives, then lets leave the "Jewish Question" alone, and if the issue if closet dictators, then lets only look at neoconservatives as the context of this dictatorship, not the cause nor backers.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Nygdan, I thought that I'd clearly stated that it doesn't matter. I wonder why you are still directing the thread toward the jewish connection. Nobody over here...meaning me...hates anyone. Not even neocons. I just think they have crap ideas and I don't want to live under their crappy dictatorship.

The question I have for you is if the the position of Mr. Ledeen is not the mainstream voice of neoconservatism then why was his book handed out at a republican strategy meeting? I found his book. I am remembering it correctly. He ends the book with a section called "Freedom". He calls for limiting Americans access to freedom and also advocates a "short term" dictatorship in the United States of America. He justifies this by saying the country is hopelessly corrupt and that the citizens are incapable of picking the right leaders.

Edit: I actually see where you are going--don't wanna seem thick headed again. The original site said "jews" and the thread says "jews" but to me that is irrelevant. It's not their religion that I object to it is their ideology. It has to be rejected.

[edit on 27-2-2006 by Saphronia]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
does anyone else find the concept of jews being in control of a man that so firmly believes in the bible that "the jury is still out" on evolution a bit comical?

Bush thinks he was chosen by god to lead this country. us jews have nothing to do with it. unfortunately for all the anti-semites and the generally paranoid Bush is more apt to be friendly with a nation that seeks to be a part of the global economy and is opposed to barbaric methods of international negotiations via terror and violence. He elects to work with Israel's best interests over a terrorist state's best interests because the terrorist state is unyielding in their demands and unwilling to, at the very least, try to put a stop to the terror for a matter of weeks while the two sides try and arrive at a middle ground to begin the foundations for a peaceful coexistence.

yeah, he's controlled by something. It's called rational thinking here. Do you all think he'd be better served taking the side of a state that celebrated when the twin towers collapsed? yeah, there's a novel concept.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join