It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the... THIRD... WAVE...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Now that the CROWDS have left the beach, here on the grand strand of s. carolina....I CAN RETURN to my zen adventures, along the surf line- where the land & ocean mingle & seperate.... a dance, as it were

i have noticed...became aware that wave actions are an elaborate, compound, integrated set of groups of (3) three...
There is probably a scientific study of these waves,
(analogous to frequency) but...i am sure, the measurements do not delve deep enough into the 'hidden cycles/waves/= frequencies' found there.

the easiest wave cycle to 'see' is the 3rd wave...
watch for maybe 10 minutes, the surf waves breaking on the beach... you'll notice that the 3rd wave will be observably more robust than the rest

Then, have your brain calculate Groups of 3rd waves,
and you become aware that (on average) the 9th set of 3 wave sets arrive on a SWELL-->ie 27th wave is both more robust and is arriving on a crest of a swell

Then, advancing beyond those 3rd wave progressions;
is a 'subtile' larger inundation---arriving on another tide/current cycle, which occurs about every 11th SWELL
(27x11=297th wave) with a rising tide, this inundation
will advance the break-line by more than 5 feet----
and it will take another 9 sets of 3rd waves for all waves to reach the advanced 'inundation' , or high water mark made 15 -20 minutes ago...
This phenomenia works on the receeding tide also....
ie; every 297th wave on an outgoing tide will impress your mind that 'someone pulled the plug, out there'
as you will 'see' the surfs bottom, where moments ago, the water was 3 foot deep. and in about 15-20 minutes,
that certain 'spot' from shore will be the new sea edge.

i have recognized 2, even greater (long time cycles) multiple-of-three, rhythms? [thats a odd word] along the ocean+surf= beach........i bet you will too !

zen out, if you can, & count waves...then let the osculations carry you-- - - let the frequency of water baptise you...you'll no longer have to count, you will be
->One

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wow that's alot of math, good work calculating that!

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Counting waves...something surfers learn, as do boaties, as do fishermen...there is definite rhythm to the waves...great that you recognise and understand it.

new topics

join