It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can radar do this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
www.sky.com...

Very wierd, didn't think it was possible for radar to directly effect electronics.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I would have to say that the type of radar 'they' are using is not of the "usual" variety. Look here:

electronics.howstuffworks.com...

(For those who don't know how 'typical' radar works)

Looks like this 'type' of radar that they are using does not involve radio or even any type of "hertzian" wave period. The phenomenon they are referring to sounds like it came from a ufo sighting story.

Like I've said before... I'm sure the 'government' is sitting on some seriously spectacular technology that is being supressed and that's what we are running up against here.

Speaking of which.. Anyone hear of scalar electromagnetics??

[edit on 21-2-2006 by TxSecret]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
RAF Portreath in Cornwall.

Go to the gates and read the sign. My eyes nearly popped right out of my head. It basically states that above 15 feet of the ground ( Double decker bus) you are not safe from electromagnetic pulses which may be instantly damaging to health.

The radar there is bloody awesome beyond belief, and so is the hardend underground radar monitoring site.

As to the cars cutting out, what a way to test your new stuff. park it next to a road and blame the radar! nice simple solution to testing new stuff to disable transport both civil and military.

apc

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If the dome is putting out microwave radiation there will be an EM buildup in conductive components (like a car's computer circuitry) resulting in discharge (arcing). Just like putting metal in a microwave oven. However if this is what happened, most of the victims will probably get cancer.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
All I can say, is that was a totaly lame post. Never post a blank topic. Can radar do WHAT??? Your post had no information other than a link, no discussion and no reason for being there other than a question. ATS is about uncovering the hidden and discovering the new, not about blind posts.

Next time please include some CONTENT in your postings. Anyone can post a link and simply walk away.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Terapin, take a chill pill dude. It's not your place to decide what's a 'blind' post and what's not ...(Is it even a violation of ATS rules?) Let the moderators do THEIR jobs.

APC, I was aware that microwaves could result in EM build up but didn't think of it in this case probably because the energy level that would be required to get these effects in this case would/should be hideously HUGE.. (Take into consideration the distance from source and the size of the car.. this is no microwave oven here where the magnetron is extremely close to the metal object to get the afformentioned effect.) If I'm correct here, power levels involving a hertzian wave system fall off exponentially with distance.. If this 'radar' was using regular microwaves the power levels would have had to have been ludicrous and the occupants of the cars should have been cooked. I'm not sure of the particulars and the math but you get the gist. But back to my conspiracy side: Tesla oftentimes spoke of "non-hertzian wave". What do you think he was talking about?

Nonetheless.. if the afformentioned effects were caused by a 'radar' system using JUST microwaves, there is something extremely fishy going on indeed.

Something for you to disect here:

teslamania.delete.org...

www.rialian.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TxSecretSpeaking of which.. Anyone hear of scalar electromagnetics??

That is a contradictory statement, but what are you offering?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
All I can say, is that was a totaly lame post. Never post a blank topic. Can radar do WHAT??? Your post had no information other than a link, no discussion and no reason for being there other than a question. ATS is about uncovering the hidden and discovering the new, not about blind posts.

Next time please include some CONTENT in your postings. Anyone can post a link and simply walk away.

It was short, I apologise. Was in a rush and intended to post an opinion later (I also have no clue about Radar or how it works so...). But on the other hand instead of doing the opposite, perhaps YOU could post a contribution to the topic instead of criticising? Just a sugestion.

Anyway, back on topic. I found it wierd that radar could effect anything ground based since for obvious reason radar domes are pointed skywards, and as mentioned would be a serious health risk if pointed at a low level. I'll scout the press to see if I can find more information.

Edit: From the BBC but no better information.

[edit on 22-2-2006 by Ultron10]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The Sea Based X-Band Radar is in Pearl Harbor right now and when the radar is on there are all kinds of minor electronics problems near it. My friend has a Saturn with remote keyless entry, and whenever the radar is on she can't use the keyless portion. She took it to Saturn thinking the battery was dead, and they told her that a lot of people have had that problem lately.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Radar can damage or impair automobile electronics. Though from this article it sounds as if there is some effort being made to prevent this.

From here:

www.evaluationengineering.com...

It is vitally important that cars driving past airfields or close to radar weather stations do not malfunction when illuminated by a radar beam.

...but with today’s cars chocked full of electronic circuits, the modernized radar network presents a new hazard.

There are two basic types of radar used in air-traffic control: primary radar and secondary radar. Primary radar sends out a pulse and gathers information from the echo. Secondary radar, based heavily on military friend-or-foe technology, transmits interrogation pulses, and a transponder in the aircraft sends back information on its identification and status.

Primary radars need to generate far greater amounts of power since the pulse has to complete a return journey. And due to the fact that the incident pulse is scattered by the aircraft in many directions, the radar antenna captures only a tiny amount of the total reflected energy. This need for much higher power makes primary radar the greater threat to car electronics.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Frosty, how is that a contradictory statement? Scalar EM="Longitudinal EM waves" Do they truly exists? According to the dogmatic box they don't exist in the vacuum but can in a gaseous 'medium'. (EM waves can only exist 'transversly' in the vacuum "supposedly" - They have been spoken of by many scientists including Tesla and many others. Tom Bearden has spoken of these 'scalar' waves quite a bit as well but I don't trust him even though what he speaks of is interesting. The problem I have with microwave radar causing these 'effects' spoken of is the energy level it would take for this to take place. Like i said earlier the energy in microwaves fall off to an inverse square. (I think I said exponentially earlier in error but you get the gist) I've heard of 'intereference' from radar before but not to this degree.

What I'm implying here is this 'radar' is not conventional radar at all.. I say this with an open mind of course.

Ultron, I wouldn't appogize for the way you opened this thread.. Were all here to help each other 'expound' even if you don't starting out.

Also, Ultron when you say:

Anyway, back on topic. I found it wierd that radar could effect anything ground based since for obvious reason radar domes are pointed skywards, and as mentioned would be a serious health risk if pointed at a low level. I'll scout the press to see if I can find more information.

GOOD question indeed.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Still... wow

Think of what they could do to electronic appliances deliberately if they can do this by mistake.

top topics

join