It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Treasure 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yes!

National Treasure 2

I'm a massive fan of the first one and watch it all the time, so naturally, this was great news to me. It should be interesting to see what part of American history is exploited. Can't wait!

Did anyone else like the first one and what do you think about this?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Not Civil War, it will so be a rip off of Sahara, the book and movie. Although the book was better, the ending anyways, but this new one can't do Civil War without looking like they read a Clive Cussler book and decided to make it into a movie with a different title.

Maybe something to do with Mexican-American War? Or the Genocide of the Indians? Doubt WWI or WWII, to late in time, not as much fudging you can do as you could with an older time. Maybe something to do with Nicolas Telsa, some secret invention of his, or something to do with the Thomas Edison.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
National Treasure 2?! yay!
The first one is probably one of the best movies I ever saw (which is, however, not many) so hopefully this one will be as good as or better than the first.

Can't wait for it

By the way, nice Daily Show quote in your sig, DevinS

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I know what "National Treasure 2" is about:

Now that Ben Gates has spare time, he accidently turns over the Declaration of Independence, and for the first time in his life realizes that the REAL "national treasure" was on the other side all along.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Now that Ben Gates has spare time, he accidently turns over the Declaration of Independence, and for the first time in his life realizes that the REAL "national treasure" was on the other side all along.

I wouldn't be surprised! Damn studios do anything for money, the greedy buggers.

I'm hoping it will be another Nicolas Cage clue busting filled movie like the last one.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yeah I enjoyed the first one and would like to see the second one. Probably won't see it in the Theatres but its one I would check out right after it was released on DVD.

I did not expect much from the first one going into it but it really pleased me actually. A bad review can really turn me off from a movie and this is what happened here. After finally breaking out and seeing it, I was surprised and content.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I loved the movie too, but I think its too much to expect them to top it with the second. Surprises are just not able to be replicated.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm a bit surprised. I haven't heard many people who liked the first one. I thought that my girlfriend and I were alone on this one. LoL. We had a lot of fun watching the first one and it's one of the movies that I don't mind watching every so often. I wonder what they have in store for us on this sequel.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I thought the first one was amasing!

I have it on DVD and i watch it ALL the time. Hopefully it will be good as the first. Because the second films are normally a bit bad.

Oni x x

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
On the IMDB site some people seem to be saying it might be about Roanoke. Of course, it could be about the exact same time period as the first, just more about it. Hell, considering that masonry influenced the american revolution, this movie could be about other masonically influenced revolutions, like the risorgimento and the like. Or they might bring in the Illuminati on this one, that'd be neat.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
i think that this is a completely unneccesary movie to make. face it, the first one stank like a bucket of dead fish. it was soooo lame. tsk tsk to hollywood on this one.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think the first one holds a special place in peoples hearts on this site! For obvious reasons of course.

Me, I love it because it fits an entire caper movie into a few scenes, then shows us what happens because of that. It's genius how it shoves a crime movie, complete with snooping FBI, moral issues and loads of other stuff into a 2 hour movie.

Nygdan, could you elaborate more on what you said? I'm a bit thick and had no idead what it all meant!

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I like the story in the first one and I thought it was a pretty good movie. But, for some reason I just don't like Nick Cage as this type of character. Anyone agree or is it just me?

top topics

join