It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush:The nation is on the verge of technological breakthroughs that would "startle" most Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Whats this? I have no idea what he is talking about, but my interest is certainly peaked. Lies and propaganda? Or is there really something there we arent aware of yet?

AP

MILWAUKEE - Saying the nation is on the verge of technological breakthroughs that would "startle" most Americans, President Bush on Monday outlined his energy proposals to help wean the country off foreign oil.

Less than half the crude oil used by refineries is produced in the United States, while 60 percent comes from foreign nations, Bush said during the first stop on a two-day trip to talk about energy.

Some of these foreign suppliers have "unstable" governments that have fundamental differences with America, he said.

"It creates a national security issue and we're held hostage for energy by foreign nations that may not like us," Bush said.

Alien tech?

[edit on 21-2-2006 by skippytjc]

[edit on 21-2-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wow, it's certainly peaked my interest to.

I wonder why there has been little advancement in energy development, other than in efficiency of the systems we currently use compared to other areas of science and technology?

Would it be something to do with the economy and business i.e. moving to a new energy supply may disrupt the economy too much?

Do you think energy (oil) tycoons and leaders are delaying the advancement in energy development, or even withholding energy technology in order to boost profits as supply declines and demand increases?

I have no doubt that at least some of the billions, if not trillions of dollars of profits these energy tycoons are making are being reinvested in future energy developments in order to form a monopoly on the new energy supply.

What are your thoughts on the future of our energy supply?

Do you think the world will become more stable with a new energy supply that isn't controlled by countries such as Iran?

Just a few questions of the top of my head in regards to the subject

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Corn based ethanol fuel

Regenerative Electro Magnetic Drive Assist

Electro Hydrogyen Converters

All coming to a GM dealer near you. Nothing really ground breaking or Alien tech.

GW's speech about winging American's off their addiction to oil was a subversive message to get the American public ready to buy more "be Green go Yellow" cars manufactured by US based Companies.

The oil industry lobbyist failed to win over the major parties that used to back them, with the show down in the middle east and the possible surge in China oil demands, we as a Country must look forward to reduce our dependancy for foreign oil. So all those cool technologies that we have had for more then 15 years but were supressed because of the oil lobbyist are now going to get more funding and the ok to release for consumer "white hat" research and development.

We are in the last 4 years of the conventional gas engine dominancy of the US auto market. Begining in 2010 the ratio of "go Green" vehicles in the US auto makers line will be higher then conventional gas vehicles.

It is the only way we will be able to fend off the foreign economic impact of higher crude oil prices due to tensions and possible (lack of production, hint hint) coming from the middle east.

The PTB will not lose control of the being the World Super Power without a fight and without trying to implement and prepare for the future. They have not run this country for more then 220 years by being stupid and lack of future planning. Many steps were taken in our Countrys growth to preserve the power base. The history of man and actions throughout the world have all taken place in accordance to the grand scheme.

So do not be alarmed, it is as it was planned to be. There are no suprises in this life when dealing with the PTB just minor "adjustments" that need to happen to correct the "course". Even the unrest in the middle east is being controlled and moderated and manicured on a global scale so that the proper outcome comes into play.

Do not fear, everyone of us is just another link in the "factory" to generate wealth for the PTB.

They have our well fare in mind for the most part to keep the system turning. Even the lies and deceptions have their places in satisfying portions of the population that will not rest without questioning, that will not take the face value and let it be. So "great" mysteries were created through out history so that man would have something to constantly question yet have no solid answers for.

The Mayan Ruins, the Pyramids at Giza, Easter Island, Coral Castle, The Nazca (?) Lines, The Grand Pyramids and the avenue of Death in Mexico, Stonehenge, the North American Copper Mines, Rpswell and many more have all had their histories altered by generations of the "ruling" so that mankind would have something to ponder about, distractions, the more time and energy we spend turning our wheels and hypothesising the less time and energy we as a race can spend on looking out into the vastness or peering into the sub atomic matrix that assembles life.

Our whole history has been a game to deceive us. We will never know how or why the Sphynix was built because the real history was long ago wiped clean on purpose so that it would be forever an enigma. The great Pharohs knew this and commanded that all traces of its construction be wiped clean, that no inscription shall be made, least the writer be dead and all works of the recount be destroyed. The pharohs knew that for them to live eternally then their works must be marlved at for enternity as an enigma.

There was once and may still exist today a blood line of "ancient people" that knew far more about the universe then we do today.

Or what we see as enigmas are merely the result of one decision that thousands of years later we have no record of.

A servant to a Pharoh may have suggested that no trace of the construction details remain, lest another Pharoh find them a build a Pyramid greater then yours. And a decision then being made to protect ones ego or stature ruled that all evidence of its construction details and methods be destroyed.

Let the finish product speak for itself. For all to admire for enternity. A Pharoh may have demanded.

We might have very well rediscoverd how they were built but since we have no proof that is indeed the method they used we are forced only to ponder if it was really so.....

Let your self only be amazed by the wonderment of its construction not on the hypothesis of what may or may not have had to happen for it to be constructed.

And then you may understand that the only answer that is possible is that we may never know.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I really hope it has something to do with the principles/devices that are talked about in those threads. The chance i obviously small.

Stellar

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
the article I read really didn't name any new technology...
solar panels, hybrid cars, ethonol, ect.....

things we have had for at least a decade...

only thing new I think is the fact that our dependency on oil is now really starting to hurt us. the fact that these things would "startle" many americans is more a testament on just how badly they've handled our energy needs to begin with...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
He's talking about stuff that most people have known about for decades- solar and wind power, hydrogen and hybrid cars, nuclear power, and plain old higher fuel efficiency requirements for engines.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Americans are about to be startled alright. Not in a good way I'm afraid.

apc

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'll accept this alternative energy revolution for long range and intercity transportation...

But they can have my gas guzzling high torque output offroad vehicle when they pry the wheel from my cold dead fingers.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
hmmm...from reading the whole article, the best I can pick up is that Bush thinks the following

- rechargable batteries
- ethanol
- solar panels

are whiz-bang, gee-whiz breakthroughs.

Glad he's come out to learn what's been going on for the past 40 years.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The only thing energy wise that would startle me would be if they got fusion reactors working. If they did overnight solar panels, wind, ethonol etc.. would all be obsolete and we would have for all practical purposes have a unlimited clean energy source.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
But they can have my gas guzzling high torque output offroad vehicle when they pry the wheel from my cold dead fingers.

Ha ha! Yeah me too. So now we know that apc actally drives an urban apc around town.
Mine's up on the blocks right now.

It's great that Bush wants to deliver "Shock and Awe" to our enemies, but he only wants to "startle" Americans. That's comforting.

Uh, but why does he always do such a poor job reading the lines the scientists give him to say? He sounds like he's got marbles in his mouth as he describes these (out of left field) technological wonders of energy. Seriously, I found myself laughing loudly at his comments about electric cars. He sounded like such a clueless hick. "Heh, heh. You'll just plug yer car in lahk a toaster. Are you beginning to see the picture now?"

I am having a hard time finding any Americans who want to be "startled" in any way. Most of them wish they could go back to the early and mid nineties before the Age of Wonder or whatever Bush thinks we're living in now.

[edit on 25-2-2006 by smallpeeps]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Startle ehh? Rather strong word to use for technological innovation.

So what startles Bush?

Ah-ha! A startled Bush falls off his Segway.

So by process of deduction then it must be:

Zoom! The Rocket Bike -Popular Science

Attach a rickshaw and bbq your lunch on the way to work!

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ha, good one, Reganmacher, got to love the efficiency of that rocket bike!

On a more serious note, I remember thinking back in the '70's during Carter's admin that it's time we develop alternative energy sources (remember the oil problems in the '70's?). So now that the standard of exchange for oil is becoming the euro rather than the dollar, we are, at the very last minute, deciding to develop alternative energy sources?
This sounds like more of the same government hooey we've all come to expect.

-Forestlady

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think there would be some transitional problems if they really had developed free energy or something close but smart people could develop new products that are unthinkable now due to energy requirements. Imagine electical shields like on star trek, etc. We also wouldn't have to keep shipping our energy dollars to the middle east.

Unfortunately, I agree that big oil wouldn't let it see the light of day. I think Bush was just reaching out with promises to try and get more support from Americans. Ya know we were told just to trust that there were WMD's but given no proof. Likewise now we're told there are startling new technologies but given no proof. I won't be startled unless it's fusion or zero point energy.

arius

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
"SOYLENT BLACK!!!!"

NO!!! IT'S PEOPLE...IT'S MADE OUT OF PEOPLE!!!"

In fact, it's made out of Black People this time, ironicly lending nicely to the change in name from the original "not-so-popular" Green Soylent of old. Plus it was recently scientifically proven true that "The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice!!" is in fact accurate.

My sources tell me that Hurricane Katrina, A.K.A: Project - "Damn that Damn Dam" was in fact a weather control test carried out by the elite for the purpose of "obtaining the initial stockpile of Raw Crude" from which the new Soylent Black shall be harvested, refined and traded in the market place.

Well America, are you shocked???

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm going to astound you, look at this hand... look! Watch this hand... This hand! Don't look at the other hand!

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I will be the first to admit that I should pay attention to the news more- I just figure most of everything is a bunch of heaping lies anyway

However, this whole deal of President Bush suddenly taking an interest in alternative energy sources really frightens me. It is just so out of character in my opinion. Just listening to him the other day on NPR exitedly talk about electric automobiles.. it went something like this."
" Just IMAGINE americans.. Soon you will be able to PLUG IN yer car into a regular socket and charge yer car up. How cool it that?"
(and the audience roars!)
Again. WTF is going on?
I am dumbfounded. Something is WRONG. Why else would the man be plugging energy sources that willl actually take money out of his big oily pockets??? The only thing I can figure is that we have wasted so many innocent lives, money and time trying to get that there OIL that they just arent going to give up to us and Maybe just Maybe he's finally growing a concience and has started listening to the green people- the ones that have HAD the plans for this stuff for years and years.
Am I too optimistic or is there something more ominous looming around the corner?? I just dont know. But I sure would love for america to beee greeeen!

MMMarie

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
"SOYLENT BLACK!!!!"

NO!!! IT'S PEOPLE...IT'S MADE OUT OF PEOPLE!!!"

In fact, it's made out of Black People this time, ironicly lending nicely to the change in name from the original "not-so-popular" Green Soylent of old. Plus it was recently scientifically proven true that "The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice!!" is in fact accurate.

My sources tell me that Hurricane Katrina, A.K.A: Project - "Damn that Damn Dam" was in fact a weather control test carried out by the elite for the purpose of "obtaining the initial stockpile of Raw Crude" from which the new Soylent Black shall be harvested, refined and traded in the market place.

Well America, are you shocked???

mOjOm,
you really MUST be kidding. THAT is crazy sick and just EWWE!

Where are you getting your information?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What is Soylent Black?

Well, I was able to cath the meaning of this term from this link:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The Bush administration is talking now, but doing nothing. The truth about all the alternatives to oil is that they would require significant reductions in energy usage. The alternatives just become too expensive if scaled up to replace a major portion of the oil consumption. The automoble will have to be downsized no matter what energy it uses. The truck will cease to be used for personal transportation. Housing will have to be relocated to be closer to available employment. It is also possible that limited supplies of metals like copper and platinum will make conversion to alternatives very expensive.
The Bush administration talks but would rather have the free market solve the problem. This results in a "survival of the richest" society. The poor will not be able to afford to drive to work even if they can find a job. The poor won't be able to afford heating their houses. Is it ethical for our leaders to do nothing in the face of an energy crisis that will not end during our lifetime?

[edit on 26-2-2006 by heatratio]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join