It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Province Cuts Off US Forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Looks like Lots of Trouble up ahead in the Demoratic Iraq:

ABC News

The governing council of Karbala province said Monday it was suspending contact with U.S. forces over the behavior of soldiers during a visit to the governor's office two days ago.

The decision followed similar moves by leaders of Maysan and Basra provinces, which have frozen ties with British forces in southern Iraq

I guess the People of Iraq are Fed up with the presence of US and UK Forces and are demanding their country back.

Well, the Coalition forces already have the Answer:

US threatens to cut aid to Iraq if new government is sectarian

The US and Britain are pressuring Iraq's dominant Shia community to relinquish two key ministries in negotiations for a new government, as the country was hit by a wave of bombings that killed at least 24 people.

The US ambassador to Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad, warned yesterday that Washington might cut aid to the Iraqis if the new government included sectarian politicians, pointing out that the US had spent "billions" in building up the police and the army.

Britain's relations with Iraq have been complicated by the latest video apparently showing British troops abusing Iraqis during a riot in southern Iraq, which has prompted two councils in southern Iraq to end co-operation with British forces.

Tricky.

So the UK troops beat the crap out of some Kids, and when the People of Iraq say, that this is NOT their idea of Promoting Peace & Stability in Basra region - they get threatened!

Policy clash blocks unity government

Iraqi political parties have run into major obstacles in talks on a new national unity government, raising the possibility of a lengthy delays, officials said yesterday.

And the Gap just Widens...

So, while some are Planning a LONG WAR against Terror;

Military plots a 'long war' on terror

Joint Chiefs of Staff planners have produced a 27-page briefing on the war on terror that seeks to explain how to win the "long war" and says Islamic extremists may be supported by 12 million Muslims worldwide.

The unclassified production, titled "Fighting the Long War -- Military Strategy for the War on Terrorism," is a component of the Pentagon's ongoing campaign to explain that a lengthy struggle requires patience from the American people and Congress.

Others are Thinking of Ways to Get the US Troops back HOME:

U.S. experts explore Iraq exit strategies

Many observers believe a specific timetable for withdrawal would greatly diffuse the insurgency. Lawrence Korb, Senior Fellow at the Center for American Progress argued that timetabled extraction should remove the bulk of U.S. troops by 2008.

'This would give the Iraqis the incentive to get their act together', Korb said. Many Iraqis want an end to U.S. `occupation`, and these, as yet unfulfilled demands, are fueling guerilla warfare. 'There are large numbers of Iraqis, particularly in Sunni areas who think its ok to kill Americans', he said.

With the 100+ PERMANENT US Military Bases in Iraq I guess the US Troops are not Leaveing this Place anytime soon, ey?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Souljah
Is it really worth posting this kind of provocative threads with so obvious agenda?

You're trying to show that USgov is divided by shoving that they are planning a long war and "retreat" from Iraq at the same time...

When infact both are required for the WOT to be succesful... (all wars can be won, it's just matter of tactics, strategy, will to win and determination)

Posting about brutalities is pointless when people "abused" are infact RIOTERS

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The hilarity of Souljah's posting is his opinion that they are wanting their country back.
Funny, they didn't seem so demanding when Hussein had it! Oh, I guess when the evil Satan is bound by words such as kindness and respect, and would never consider using a plastic shredder, you can get huffy after Satan does your dirty work and then demand he get out ASAP.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
northwolf could you explain why we should refrain from posting articles which show that the "WOT" is not working? Are you suggesting people should ignore all the crimes and atrocities carried out by the coalition forces, or that the people of the US should not have a say in what their leaders are doing?

Thomas Crowne maybe the people made a mistake of thinking the US was more considerate or less evil then Saddam...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
The hilarity of Souljah's posting is his opinion that they are wanting their country back.

Funny ey?

I am sorry, but that is the Opinion of the Iraqi people - not mine only.

Funny, they didn't seem so demanding when Hussein had it! Oh, I guess when the evil Satan is bound by words such as kindness and respect, and would never consider using a plastic shredder, you can get huffy after Satan does your dirty work and then demand he get out ASAP.

You know what THAT just Prooves?

That the REAL reasons behind the Invasion of Iraq had nothing to do with Evil Regime (for there are Several more Evil Regimes on this Planet left Untouched by the US kind crusade of Demcracy) of Saddam Hussein - US could not care less about how many people he killed, if he was in Free Trade alliance with US Oil Barons.

Just like they do not say a word to kingdom of Saudi Arabia - but thats a-whole-nother story all by itself.

Anyway the reasons for War with Iraq; where are the Weapons of Mass Destruction? The UNDESPUTABLE Facts, presented by the US goverment in the United Nations to this entire World, that Saddam was Just Before completing a Nuclear Device, and that the is Directly Threatening the Security of United States? Yet, nobody asked the International Nuclear Energy Agencies if that is correct - and ofcourse it WA$N'T!

How was Saddam a DIRECT Threat to the security of United States, so that they had to REMOVE him alone, with support of UK and Isreal (ofcourse), and WITHOUT any Approval from the International Community known as the United Nations Secruity Council?

In Fact, that makes no Importance to you what-so-ever.

Now that Saddam is in a court (if you can call it that), and his Evil Regime, removed - what has changed for the Iraqi People?

They live in a Virtual Democracy - which is presented on the screens of an Averege Westernen by the Hugly owned Corporate Media which are selling their MILITAINMENT - Military Entertainment - which they use to PORTRAY wars as a Spectacle, as a Sports Event of Spectacular Proportions, with Guest Star Commentators, like: the Former Military Generals, which then comment these events, as if they are sports experts commenting the Finals of the Superbowl.

The Big Shodown in Iraq!

But are they FREE - the Iraqi people I mean, remember them?

Are they Liberated?

Are they Safe-r?

Or were just their Resources Liberated for Free Trade markets?

Or were just their Resources Saved and Safe?

Boy and to the Iraqi people feel FREE and SAFE, with US military building 106 Military Bases in their Land! I bet that sure will NOT make these installations targets to any Attacks at all!

Yes Iraq is so SAFE and SECURE, that the US have to build a $500 Dollar Super-Bunker - called the Baghdad Embassy!

That us usually a Sign, that the US forces are really not Going anywhere, for a Longer Period of Time.

So, thats what this was ALL about from the Beginning - can you guess it already?

M O N E Y

Yep - Petro-Dollar Politics ring a Bell? No?

War is a Perpetuar Creator of Profits. And that's the reason it was started - to create yet more profit, from the Oil, from the Weapon Sales, from the Stock Markets, from the Re-Construction Corporations, from the Media Corporations, from the Goverment-Contractors - you name it.

And I am sure that they do really Care for the Well-beeing of Iraqi People are their Safety, Security, Liberty and Democracy, that they are Supposed to Enjoy today.

So thats why they are building Military Fortresess and High Walls ey?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well I imagine that now that the planning from the elected government in Iraq to have permanent government elections, they rather do it on their own without any intervention from the US.

Is like everything Iraq is a nation and ready to take over.

But one thing that is holding the US is the fact that they are still waiting for the privatization approval by the Iraqi government and it has been pushed back again.

US has to much interest invested in Iraq with Halliburton and subsidiaries and is many waiting in line to get their hands on other means of business that were promised by the US with the no-bid contracts.

What happen if Iraq cut all their ties with the US and decided to tell Haliburton to take a hike.

It will be millions even billions of dollars at stake and US can not afford that.

Souljah thanks for the thread

It is a lot going on in Iraq with the new elected government that it seems to be kept in the back burner to show that everything is peachy when it comes to US occupation.

But some are starting to show their dislike of many things going on.

Specially with the Reconstruction Money that never made it to Iraq or got lost in the way.

Its all about bounty and money and US wants to make sure that the invasion was worth it.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

But are they FREE - the Iraqi people I mean, remember them?

Are they Liberated?

Are they Safe-r?

So, thats what this was ALL about from the Beginning - can you guess it already?

M O N E Y

Yep - Petro-Dollar Politics ring a Bell? No?

War is a Perpetuar Creator of Profits. And that's the reason it was started - to create yet more profit, from the Oil, from the Weapon Sales, from the Stock Markets, from the Re-Construction Corporations, from the Media Corporations, from the Goverment-Contractors - you name it.

And I am sure that they do really Care for the Well-beeing of Iraqi People are their Safety, Security, Liberty and Democracy, that they are Supposed to Enjoy today.

So thats why they are building Military Fortresess and High Walls ey?

I think the Iraq'i people are more at risk now, than ever before, But from their own kind. I dont think they feel safe, nor do i think they feel liberated. How can one feel liberated when bombers are constantly having a Field day?

But hey, lets forget about the atrocities these people are doing and concentrate on the coalition who are constantly in the media abusing detainees.
Lets forget about the people who have been killed innocently by the odd car bomb.
Lets forget about the innocent people killed by the odd suicide bomber.

Its all old news. The new news is all about the media showing troops abusing prisoners. Ever think to wonder why these people are in custody? Maybe its because they killed innocent children? I think i would be wound up about that when i have to pick up the bloody remains of children killed in a suicide attack.

Most people can see both sides to this War, but unfortunately, there are some who go on a constant crusade to belittle the coalition forces. They never have nothing good to say about them, and always seem to find some kind of bad publicity about them, when all the time there are indiscriminate killings going on by people who some wish to defend..........

Eddie out...................

top topics

join