It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Just in for the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Page 6 of the Sun (not the most reliable) but Staffordshire Ambulance service is apparently giving all its staff and family army guard if Bird flu hits. And their family will be moved to RAF stafford for safe keep, it just came accross BBC Radio Stoke this morning (8:11) i know the sun isnt the best paper for reliable info, but would anyone like to comment? News? ideas? i havent read the article myself as im about to go out, but ill see if i can get the paper today.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
that unfair so basically everyone else will die except probably the government who will save themselves

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
sounds to me like they know it's coming. it's not a matter of 'if' it's 'when'. stock pile your cans of food and drink people, avian flu is on it's way. doesn't matter if you get a shot, it'll mutant anyways, especially since it will be going from person to person, it'll ever be changing. nature's way of dealing with over-population.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
er don't panic folks but all Hospital and ambulance front line staff are getting ready to have their jabs because they will bear the brunt of any crisis.

My source? work. lol

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Shots for what? There are no shots for h5n1 avian flu. Many types of flus out there orginally stem from bird flus, but not this h5n1 avian flu that everyone is worried about. A shot for some other bird flu isn't going to do much. heck, many of us have probably, I would bet, gotten an avian flu in our lives. The problem is that no one living has ever gotten an h5n1 type of avian flu (short of the recent infectees).

I read this news report then as a sensationalistic presentation of a moderately normal event. They might be getting these shots in hopes of having a little bit of defense against an h5n1 type of avian flu, but its not going to make much of a difference, therefore I don't read this as the actions of people that 'know' or 'strongly expect' an h5n1 pandemic to erupt in the UK soon.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Personally, I think it's a lot of scaremongering crap.

er don't panic folks but all Hospital and ambulance front line staff are getting ready to have their jabs because they will bear the brunt of any crisis.

Would you actually want to be vaccinated against it if your family etc wasn't??

Cheers

Andy

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
From what I heard, IF any shots were to be given they'd only be given to the elderly, those with lowered immune systems and the like. It would be impossible to vaccinate whole countries anyway.. I mean, from what we can tell, it just turned up (expected or not) and how are you supposed to vaccinate a nation in a matter of hours? I think not.. of course we can rely on the government being the first if anything.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
First of all IF there was a shot/vaccine available it would go to the health care workers and military first. Then it would be dispensed as necessary to the rest of us.
This particular strain actually targets the healthy young individuals between 20 to 40ish not the elderly per se just as the Spanish Flu did.

But none you worry there isn't a shot to be given so we are all gonna die anyway.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The end is near, we are all going to die...

Now we have an apocalyspe every day here on ATS. I am getting bored.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ok this is my first post here, have been reading for a while but just didnt feel intelligent enough to post lol.
All this bird flu worry just seems daft, theres only been sumthing like 100 people die from it it in 10 years and every one is filling there pants!
The worst thing that will probably happen is we do get it here in the uk, a few birds die and we get a shortage of chicken nuggets. i cant see it getting any worse than that.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jabamby
Ok this is my first post here, have been reading for a while but just didnt feel intelligent enough to post lol.
All this bird flu worry just seems daft, theres only been sumthing like 100 people die from it it in 10 years and every one is filling there pants!
The worst thing that will probably happen is we do get it here in the uk, a few birds die and we get a shortage of chicken nuggets. i cant see it getting any worse than that.

i agree do you not all remeber SARS its not the same i know but that was supossed to become an epidemic but its not even mentioned anymore it just seemed to dissapear from news and minds. I doubt that much will hapen and apparently weve had a problem like this in the past and were all still alive

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalDeaf
Page 6 of the Sun (not the most reliable) but Staffordshire Ambulance service is apparently giving all its staff and family army guard if Bird flu hits. And their family will be moved to RAF stafford for safe keep, it just came accross BBC Radio Stoke this morning (8:11) i know the sun isnt the best paper for reliable info, but would anyone like to comment? News? ideas? i havent read the article myself as im about to go out, but ill see if i can get the paper today.

Cheers

sounds to me like they learned a lesson from katrina......soldiers, police and medics will be less inclined to desert their posts in order to take care of their families if they know that said families are being well protected.

new topics

top topics

join