It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any new info on strange green circles?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
37 38' 19.52 N, 115 47'34.42 W

Google Earth calls it Sundown Spring. Its about 30 miles north of Area 51, the huge green circles...

I just measured them, and they are exactly 1/2 mile wide...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
thats a irrigation technique used around the world because u place one sprinkerler in the middle it spray in a cirlce fashion and hence a green circle of ...crops hehe

hope that helps this topic has been posted about in 3 different threads where are they now i'll go looking

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Thanks...are they usually 0.5mile wide? That seems so large!

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
0.5 miles wide is not tha big at all as far as farm fields go. I've seen corn and wheat fields in western Canada streching for miles.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well, guess they aren't some secret govt project then. Still neat to look at.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yup. There are more of those in sahara desert:

[edit on 1/3/2006 by MrPringles]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Could someone post the images I'm not seeing them. There was a thread closed here recently after a very aggressive member wanted it shut down but I agree with the op that the google images still look suspect.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it's the same location, but the second post in this thread has pics of the green circles around Rachel NV.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The question is NOT what are they, and how do they work? The real question is why are they growing this stuff in the middle of the desert? You people say they are crops and explain how they water them, and then stop there with no further discussion, but what are they doing that for? What kinds of plants are these? Do they do it for visual reason from above, or do they actually need the crops?

Maybe they are practicing growing things in harsh conditions to simulate other planets? Are they thinking about growing this stuff on Mars?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It's just an Alfalfa field.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
It's just an Alfalfa field.

Just? A crop grown in the middle of a desert that reaches 105+ degrees, grown by the government near the most mysterious place on Earth called AREA 51, does not qualify these fields to be called "just Alfalfa fields".

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN
Just? A crop grown in the middle of a desert that reaches 105+ degrees, grown by the government near the most mysterious place on Earth called AREA 51, does not qualify these fields to be called "just Alfalfa fields".

Sorry, it's double top secret alfalfa fields.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The alfalfa is not grown "by the government." It's just grown by ordinary alfalfa farmers. They grow the same stuff in the western Mojave desert and lots of other places. There is nothing sinister or mysterious about it.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Pivot irrigation is used around the world in arid climates. Nothing sinister about it. Sometimes other crops are planted and irrigated this way, but alfalfa is the common one in the Great Basin.

I invite any skeptic to simply go to Las Vegas, NV, rent a car, and drive out to any of hundreds (thousands?) of these fields scattered around. You can drive right to them, park your car, and walk through the alfalfa. No men in black will whisk you away, no black helicopters will pursue you, and no UFO will beam you up from mid-field.

You may get your shoes muddy. That is about the limit of misfortune you will encounter.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Jeeeze people lets get a grip here.

ALfalfa can easily be grown in desert climates. Its actually an ideal place if you can sink a well deep enuf to get water.

Here is more than you wanted to know about Alfalfa from UC Davis aka Farm U

Also taking a dive is the county’s alfalfa acreage, most of which is under cultivation in the High Desert, Gardner said. Some of the alfalfa farms lie in Apple Valley and Hesperia, but the bulk comes from the unincorporated areas such as Oro Grande, Helendale, Hinkley and Newberry Springs.
High Desert

But then again, perhaps they are growing it to harvest the chlorophil to feed the Greys?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
OK firstly I would like to point out that I dont enjoy being categorised as an "agressive member" because I state the facts.

High Quality USGS Image

This shows the fields in high resolution. You can see the arms and everything ... you can almost see the individual crops. Is this enough for you doubters?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
OK firstly I would like to point out that I dont enjoy being categorised as an "agressive member" because I state the facts.

High Quality USGS Image

This shows the fields in high resolution. You can see the arms and everything ... you can almost see the individual crops. Is this enough for you doubters?

Once again gfad you fail to understand plain english. You make me laugh every time....

Nobody is doubting these are crops. The question is, who is growing them? I was under the impression these were very close to Area 51, quite possibly government grown. If they were being grown by the government, what for?

If these are just average joes growing them, then, who cares...

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN
[Nobody is doubting these are crops. The question is, who is growing them? I was under the impression these were very close to Area 51,

Hmmmm, I have seem some doubters and having been here a while this topic has come up at leat say 500 times

But....

If you are that curious, find the county the circles are in and go to the records hall in the county seat and see who the registered owner is. Also, they are not on controlled land so the curious can drive up and participate in the exciting process of watching alfalfa grow. (Its up there with charting toe nail growth.

As to why its in the desert? Some possibilites:

Some guy has land there and has the water rights to drill down for water that would be needed in abudance to grow the stuff in that climate. As the need for airable land increases, you may see more "marginal" crops like this grown outside of traditional farming areas to reserve the good growing areas for high yield crops.

Some guy has a ranch there and is growing his own feed for his animals and perhaps the ranches around there. It could be in fact a cooperative area where enough alfalafa is grown to feed the animals of several farms/ranches and these types of Co-OPs are pretty common.

If the governemtn is growing them there it could be for the reason above, or it could be as simple as a USDA agriculture research station trying out different strains to see which grows better in bad climates.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The land may be government owned and simply leased to local farmers. The gov gets a few dollars back into the treasury and irrigation and cover crops help keep dust and noxious weeds down. The gov also wants the keep the vegetation low for visibility purposes (see any potential trespassers a long ways off) and alfalfa is a low crop that offers little opportunity for someone to hide and try to sneak up. Native vegetation will usually grow into shrubs and small trees that needs to be kept trimmed.

You often see cultivated land around prisons for the same reasons.

[edit on 18-9-2006 by dave_54]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
could be used as a point of reference for flying night or extremly high altitude missions. i'd assume the temperature in the crops would be lower than the surrounding dirt allowing IR systems to clearly pick up on this from far away or visually from high altitiude.

or

if there is indeed a large underground complex and many mouths to feed this may be an easy way to do this for minimal cost.

or

could be used to sell for a little extra black ops funding.

or

experimenting with extraterrestrial irregation systems (not of alien origin, but to be used on later populating missions)

[edit on 9/18/2006 by bokinsmowl]

[edit on 9/18/2006 by bokinsmowl]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join