It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolutionary new magnet motor!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Flynn Research has recently developed what they are calling the Parallel Path motor. This motor evidently achieves great leaps in efficiency, and some speculate the possibility of overunity.

Joe Flynn from Flynn Research is working on a new technology called "Parallel Path" with Boeing Phantom Works. The technology claims to be able to increase magnet motor efficiency substantially, even over the 100% barrier. They have received a US Patent.

Parallel Path

This is exciting to me, because I have an idea for a magnet-motor that was based on the same broad principle of directing magnetic flux in specific ways to achieve motive force. I don't remember if I had mentioned any of the details specifically, but I was working on a CAD diagram of it, and I had discussed some of the detail privately with a few ATS members here.

PreviousThread

My design works a little differently, and is a little more complicated to build, but this may be the breakthrough that we have been waiting for. Now, lets watch as big corporate interests squash this technology flat!

-P

[edit on 20-2-2006 by postings]

[edit on 20-2-2006 by postings]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Oh great. Another perpetual motion hoax. :sigh:

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The fact that this guy Joe Flynn does not conduct research and colelct data and instead just makes these machines, is a bit alarming.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
.... well boeing and the state of the union address both know what they're doing. so I'll hold out for a miracle (but I'm not holding my breath)

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Oh great. Another perpetual motion hoax. :sigh:

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. There is NOTHING in the universe besides energy, the keyboard you type on, the spoon you eath with, the piece of paper you write on. All it is is a vibration. Nothing ever stops, EVERYTHING IS IN PERPETUAL MOTION!

I bet you can figure out the rest for yourself.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I'm a bit confused as to why this is any different from a conventional EM motor:

Maybe I'm not getting it though.

Their website (www.flynnresearch.net...) is one of the ugliest and most confusing I have ever come across, and that's saying something. Navigating it made me feel slightly ill. However I did have a good look round and can't see any pages where they show the efficiency of the motor, let alone claim over-unity. As off-the-shelf conventional motors (if this isn't a conventional motor) can hit 98% effeciency, they haven't even demonstrated they can beat that.

They sort of claim a patent, yet all over the site it says:

US & Foreign Patents Pending

Patent pending is meaningless, it just means you submitted it.

I think the most daming thing though is that they don't appear to have updated their site since 2001...under the Prototype Test Data section it says:

Contents will be added to this page by 8-1-2001, Please check back with us!

Hmmm, I'm not holding my breath waiting for those results

It doesn't look like these guys are still in operation, let alone revolutionising the world of energy supply. The oil companies must have got them....run for the hills!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I've been staring at that "diagram" for a good 10 minutes now and all I've gotten out of it is a headache. I don't understand how the flux interactions, as shown, would ever be able to produce any kind of torque.

This doesn't look like any AC motor I've ever studied, but the way it is represented with the coils on each end of the armature being oppositely wound it does appear to be some sort of AC motor. According to the right hand rule for coils (wrap your hand around the coil, thumb points to magnetic north and fingers wrap in the direction of current flow) the current through one coil flows in the opposite direction of the other, which implies some kind of AC input to me.

What makes no sense to me is how what passes for a main field flux in this thing isn't shown to be distorted by the corresponding armature flux through the coils. According to basic electrical theory, a current through a conductor should result in a magnetic field around the conductor, and the direction of the magnetic flux is determined by the relative direction of the current flowing through the conductor. Magnetic lines of flux can never touch, and when flowing in opposite directions, tend to distort each other...I don't understand why that isn't shown here.

Basically, I don't understand how the flux could behave as shown...and even as shown doesn't provide any indication of being able to result in torque production.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I believe it all. Where do I send my check?

new topics

top topics

join