It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinas food imports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This may be in the wrong fourm.

i was wondering if anyone knows where to find a chart or sumthing about how china gets thier food

the reason why i was thinking about it if thier was a away that the US could win a war by starving them to surrender

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
China's largest import of foods is rice and it's imported from California. China can barely feed half of its population on its own resources.

Resource is an Economic Atlas 1990s.

This is a very good thread; it is the obvious truth of anyone that isn't dillusional that China can not wage a war on the US because of their food dependence on our exports.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
thank you

ive been wanting someone to answer this for days cause winning a war with china is simple to me stop imports and then destroy crops

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
And without your exports of rice to us US economy would also be crippled. You gain no more than we do.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Is this what we come down to?

Hey, let's wage a war. I'l piiiicckkk....China!

Any reason why you have beef with China? Just curious...

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hell if I know why this US vs. China thing is hitting ATS so often. I guess because the US and China are the two biggest kids on the block. Does make you wonder, and with the Taiwan situation, Iran, and the North Korean talks there is so much possibility. Cant say the thought hasnt tickled my immagination at all, as I'm sure it has most folks who pay attention to what happens in the world.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
No wonder you got your information wrong, your source is from 1990s Atlas, care for an update??

I dont see how you can claim China's food production cannot support half of its population, since China only imports about 25%.

In the last four years, China’s rice exports have averaged approximately 3 million metric tons (mt). The major export destination countries have included the Ivory Coast, Indonesia, Russia, Cuba, Malaysia, Libya, Iraq, the Philippines, Japan, South Korea and North Korea. China’s rice imports over the same period have averaged slightly more than 200,000 metric tons, nearly all imported from Thailand.

Not only is China's main importer of rice Thailand, NOT California, but China is also exporting its own agricultural output. Guess US doesn't have such a tight leash on China on food as you may have thought.

[edit on 28-2-2006 by EarthUnificationFrontier]

[edit on 1-3-2006 by EarthUnificationFrontier]

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I really see it both ways. We stop exports to them and cause great harm. Then they stop exports to us and cause greta harm. But if this happens i ultimately see both china and the U.S. turning to other countries for their needs.

In all reality though, there is no war between china and the U.S.
So far it doesnt appear that there will be one any time soon. Even if there is how about we just wait for it and stop speculating what will happen because ultimately most of us will be entirely wrong. It's the governments job to prepare for these things, as poor as they seem to be doing i still dont see what one of us sitting at our computers in our underwear having a posting war is going to help....

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
You wanna hurt China, just cut their oil supply. Not difficult to do either.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
No wonder you got your information wrong, your source is from 1990s Atlas, care for an update??

I dont see how you can claim China's food production cannot support half of its population, since China only imports about 25%.

In the last four years, China’s rice exports have averaged approximately 3 million metric tons (mt). The major export destination countries have included the Ivory Coast, Indonesia, Russia, Cuba, Malaysia, Libya, Iraq, the Philippines, Japan, South Korea and North Korea. China’s rice imports over the same period have averaged slightly more than 200,000 metric tons, nearly all imported from Thailand.

Not only is China's main importer of rice Thailand, NOT California, but China is also exporting its own agricultural output. Guess US doesn't have such a tight leash on China on food as you may have thought.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Your claim of disrupting oil export to China as financial mean of destruction does not stand:

Nearly 67 per cent of China's energy need is met by coal. The ratio of oil in its energy consumption structure is about 24 per cent.

In addition, statistics indicated that the oil import volume of China, with a population of 1.3 billion, was 117 million tons in 2004. By comparison, that of the United States was 500 million tons, Japan 200 million tons and Europe 500 million tons.

Apparently you need oil more than we ever do.

And furthermore, main Chinese oil importers are Mogolia, West Africa, Siberia and OPEC, which all of them US has no control of (aside Iraq in OPEC).

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stratrf_Rus
China's largest import of foods is rice and it's imported from California. China can barely feed half of its population on its own resources.

Resource is an Economic Atlas 1990s.

This is a very good thread; it is the obvious truth of anyone that isn't dillusional that China can not wage a war on the US because of their food dependence on our exports.

man, you cant live in this cave that long.

the bigest reason China imports agricultural products from US is to balance the bi-trade, since US restricts its hi-tech product export to China, and censures the large amount of adverse balance with China at another hand.

China's annual grain production is expected to 520 million tons in five years, while its consumption may surge to 550 million tons. leaves 5.5 percent of shortfall, 30 mt.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I totally agree, most Americans are so ignorant that they just live in the cave of deception that China is still the way it was 10 years ago, they have NO idea of the changes that have been going on.

new topics

top topics

join