It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush can't be that stupid...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
He realises the threat of being held 'hostage' over the oil needs of the US......he can't be that stupid, he can see it happening. OR.....is it a tactic of his to attempt to quell controversy?

stuff.co.nz...

Its interesting watching his games from outside, thats for sure.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
He is that stupid, and it's severly contagious.

Wikipedia -

ADDICTION
Addiction is a compulsion to repeat a behaviour regardless of its consequences. A person who is addicted is sometimes called an addict.

There is a lack of consensus as to what may properly be termed 'addiction.' Some within the medical community maintain a rigid definition of addiction and contend that the term is only applicable to a process of escalating drug or alcohol use as a result of repeated exposure. However, addiction is often applied to compulsive behaviors other than drug use, such as overeating or gambling. In all cases, the term addiction describes a chronic pattern of behaviour that continues despite the direct or indirect adverse consequences that result from engaging in the behavior. It is quite common for an addict to express the desire to stop the behaviour, but find himself or herself unable to cease.

Addiction is often characterized by a craving for more of the drug or behavior, increased physiological tolerance to exposure, and withdrawal symptoms in the absence of the stimulus. Many drugs and behaviours that provide either pleasure or relief from pain pose a risk of addiction or dependency.

Physical dependency on a substance is defined by the appearance of characteristic withdrawal symptoms when the drug is suddenly discontinued. While opioids, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, alcohol and nicotine are all well known for their ability to induce physical dependence, other drugs share this property that are not considered addictive: cortisone, beta-blockers and most antidepressants are examples. So while physical dependency can be a major factor in the psychology of addiction, the primary attribute of an addictive drug is its ability to induce euphoria while causing harm.

How does this system typically treat addicts?
They cut them off, or lock them down.

Bush in his State of the Union address last month said the United States must break an addiction to Middle East oil. He has called for improving alternative-fuel technology to reduce US oil imports from the region by 75 per cent by 2025.

I think it would be fair to say he is severly sick in the head if this is how he recommends we cure our 'addiction'.

Couldn't Bush be labeled as an "diseased addict" and it be determined that he does not have the ability to make decisions for the rest of US?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hes not that stupid.

Bush: U.S. on Verge of Energy Breakthrough

MILWAUKEE - Saying the nation is on the verge of technological breakthroughs that would "startle" most Americans, President Bush on Monday outlined his energy proposals to help wean the country off foreign oil.

Source

He may seem stupid, but I am gonna be following this thing to see what kind of energy breakthroughs they will find.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Alternative fuel research has been ongoing for decades now, so it would not be overly surprising if a breakthrough was near. Hope so, I am getting a little tired of $2.34 a gallon gasoline. So the sooner the better.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yum yeag Oil corpartions control this country so I doubt there will be alternate energy for the next 10 years.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Has it occured to any of you that it is the oil companies themselves that are doing most of the research into alternative fuels, and energy sources?
Why? To make money. They know better then most that the oil isn't going to last forever, and that the sooner we wean ourselves off of oil the better.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
so you think we are going to clean ourselves up, or clean ourselves off of oil?

I was in rehab once upon a time, and you definitely sound like an addict.

It's called denial.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What we need is Mr. Teddy Roosevelt back. A president who use to fight to keep control of the country out of the hands of the big Corporations. Bush has initiated the thought, however to accomplish any success he will need to face off and win against the Corporate oil bloodsuckers and actually make some progress on it. We will see how this all plays out, before i place any judgment on Bush's idea towards cutting America's dependancy on oil.

Carburetor

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Oh, I'm addicted to denial? Denial of what, the fact that oil companies have huge research and developement departments that are looking into alternative fuels, or I'm addicted to denial that Mr. Bush is stupid?

Addicted? Phoooey. Because I disagree with you, you're gonna start calling names? Not the way to convince people, hotshot. Try again with a little more tact.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I can believe that when it comes to alternative ways to oil dependency Italy is already doing very well with their water power car.

I saw the car on an interview in the news while covering the Olympics and I have to say it looks pretty good and !!!!It doesn't make noise!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I can believe that when it comes to alternative ways to oil dependency Italy is already doing very well with their water power car.

I saw the car on an interview in the news while covering the Olympics and I have to say it looks pretty good and !!!!It doesn't make noise!!!!!!

Sounds great marg.....but then, it'll be a Peak water situation one day.
Refuse is the way to go, its something this world will never run out of......just need some genius to figure out how!

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
maybe the announcement of an energy breakthrough is just a ploy...to make us think the gov. is doing something productive for we the people - and when the next terror attack happens, people will be less likely to think it was our own gov. who did it

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Idiots don't get to the positions they're in; they don't accumulate so much power.

Bush may not be the most eloquant of speakers ever to have ever been elected to the highest political office in the United States, but he's no dupe.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
we could get crap loads of oil if we made a cheaper way to process oil shale

hopefully soon my friends hopfully soon

or make those "everything to oil" plants everywhere

new topics

top topics

join