It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planing Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You should start planing,now!,now im getting to think its here,The goverment is not telling us.Any new news,please post

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Don't know whaere you are mate but in england its all over the papers that our govt is ill prepared for bird flu even though its in france now they are considering forcing all poultry stocks indoors but despite advice from scientists say theyy wiil only take this step once we have confirmed cases.

And one of our biggest pharmacy chains boots is starting to train its staff on recognising symptoms etc.

Theres also calls for bans on french eggs birds etc.

Note the department of govt that handles theese things does't exactly fill me with confidence think BSE , foot and mouth etc

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
what made me laugh was hearing on the radio that the forcing of all poultry stocks indoors as soon as farmers report cases.. yeah, like a farmer is likely to report that his livestock need to be exterminated and lose profit.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
And they were offering free flu jabs at work 4 months ago. Doh!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Just running down the items I might want to have on hand in case of any emergency that will disrupt society as we know it. I have been packing away a few extras for months now for anything that might come along, I am not talking about spending thousands or even hundreds just a few dollars here and there.

Toilet paper
Seeds for planting
batteries
candles
advanced first aid kit that has items for minor surgery and stitching
shortwave radio preferably the wind up models

[edit on 18-3-2006 by IntelRetard]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I haven't spent a ton of money on stocking of items but am prepared in the event I have to be quarantined to my home for a spell. I stock up at a place called Costco. For those that don't know what that is it's a whole sale grocery store, with other items as well. You can buy bulk items for a whole sale price so you save a ton and get huge amounts of food.
I have also gathered some LED lamps and a ton of batteries.

For medicine I have

Collodial Silver
Multi Vitamins
Tamiflu
masks and latex gloves (so I don't have to touch door handles after someone who could be infected)
and extra zinc

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Dont forget the baseball bat for zombies..it gets a +3 for all hits

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Some things I stress to people:

Bulk vitamin C powder (ascorbic acid USP)
Water purification systems w/replacement parts
Water containers
Repair kit for generator (obviously a generator...)

***I should stress that one thing that many people forget is future maintenance and repair of hardware that they have, ie water filters, generators, propane stoves, vehicles, ATVs, furnaces, air filter systems, etc.

A wise person will back up their purchases with repair parts for same.

[edit on 19-3-2006 by therainmaker]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hm, hey I'm gonna die. In the USA we are basically using the technique "let's close our eyes and pretend it doesn't exist."
right.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Hm, hey I'm gonna die. In the USA we are basically using the technique "let's close our eyes and pretend it doesn't exist."
right.

My husband's technique is to buy a huge bag of bird seed, and feed the birds in our back yard.

new topics

top topics

join