It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Effects of Religion on Specific Civilizations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yes genocide occured but what I was saying was the people of Europe who had adopted mainly the belief in the almighty God had developed technologically superior compared to the polytheist Native Americans. My question, and it was a question not a statement of fact, was whether the belief in one God gave Europeans a technology development advantage versus the belief in many gods whose people were not developed as far as technology is concerned.

Also when I was referring to the portugese and spanish in south america, I was referring to the way that continent turned out as far as unity compared to North America. North America primarily formed three large nations. America, Canada and Mexico. Whereas South America was divided into over a dozen different nations. Apparantly those empires were able to hold onto their land longer than the british held the American colonists.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
My question, and it was a question not a statement of fact, was whether the belief in one God gave Europeans a technology development advantage versus the belief in many gods whose people were not developed as far as technology is concerned.

Okay, I see. I thought you were asking if that technology aided their efforts (and the lack thereof handicapped the victims). That's why I answered what I did--I don't think it had anything to do with technological advantage.

Also when I was referring to the portugese and spanish in south america, I was referring to the way that continent turned out as far as unity compared to North America. North America primarily formed three large nations. America, Canada and Mexico. Whereas South America was divided into over a dozen different nations. Apparantly those empires were able to hold onto their land longer than the british held the American colonists.

Oh. Okay. I think I must research that, never thought about it. Interesting!

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
First off Queenannie,

you posted:"Up until the founding of the US, prejudice and inequality in the world was determined by social and financial position. The 'all men are created equal' refers to that type of differentiation--but one 'problem' solved created another 'problem:' racism. Racism is an American invention."

Racism is a American invention...your joking about this right???

So seldome do we think outside of the nonsense promoted to us by our educational systems that it is a automatic default to play through with the nonsense they teach us in the name of dumbness. The nonsense they teach us..much of it doesnt even make good nonsense much of the time once we are given to tools to think around it.
The orientals are often very race conscious. They can be very racist. Do you know what a "Gaijin" is..to a oriental...or sometimes the word is "barbarian." This is a term of derogation.
How about with the Hebrews ...the term "Goyim"???
To the Chinese we are barbarains...not a positive term.
Under these types of term outsiders or barbarians or Goyim ...are non human..they can be treated differently.

Most Americans have no reason to know this information and our educational institutions dont educate us in this reality..they would rather educate us on fantasy. ..how things ought to be.

Dont ever think that Americans have some kind of monopoly on Raicsm...Racism has been practiced by nations and peoples long before America came on the scene.
American Racism is one of the dumbest most ignorant default settings to be foisted off on a ignorant gullible people. As if Americans started the whole concept. Unbelieveable..but this is what passes for knowlege and smarts today.
Keep a close eye on Europe in the coming years...and watch history unfold.

Dyepes..as to your post about some nations doing better technology wise...this is a good point...and worth mentioning.
There is a bogus doctrine going around called

'Angle Saxon Superiority and Rule of the Word"

Under this doctrine it is believed by some that the white man is the superior race..and as a result he has the right and duty to spread civilization/technology , Christianity, and commerce through out the world and raise the standards for all other peoples. To bring them into the fold so to speak.

Well...Dyepes...lets take a closer look at this. The historical facts are ..that before the 1500s...anywhere you went in the world..the "White Man" lived equally as poor as most other peoples in the world. No difference in the standards of living ..a few people had a little ..the rest had almost nothing.
Royalty and the priesthoods..lived reasonably well off the labor and productions of others. This is the same system with cultural variations going on everywhere in the world.
Remember...Dyepes..Christianity was supposed to be around at this time under the RCC in Rome.

Yet..ironically by 1519 when Martin Luther ...nailed his 95 objections to the Catholic Church practices on the door of the Church in Wittenburg...this marked the starting point for something which would be recognizable some 200 years later.
What Martin Luther did was cause a exodus from the Catholic Church dogma and bondage. Those who followed Luther and what became Lutheranism...occupied Northern Germany...those who didnt and remained under Rome occupied Southern Germany.
This practice of seperating from Rome spread to the lowland countrys and also eventually with Henry the Eighth to England ..the Anglican Church and eventually others in England.
These three areas..which broke away from Rome ..were the Areas which within 200 years ..there was a noticable difference in the standard of living that was not evident in the Roman Catholic Areas. Something was happening. These areas were the Areas which were to technologically go out into the world to compete with and overtake the Roman Catholic monopoly ..on trade and trade routes and spread this know how to other parts of the world. This Break away was to spread here to what was to become the United States. This is not how most history books read..yet you know it is true.
Look at South America ..Mexico..the line in the standard of living is a religious line. Almost no middle class among many of them No wonder so many are trying to get here to the USA.
This difference in religions is the difference in the priesthhood/kings religion and the religion of seperation of church and state....it is also the difference in the standard of living ..under any name you choose to put on it.
This is why the muslims must go outside their nations for most of their technology..and know how...their religion of the state is not conducive to producing it themselves.
This is why China even under the Communists must go outside of China for most of her really high technology ..they dont produce this themselves....same with Russia. The main difference here is that as Hegel stated ..the state is god. Same result. No seperation..from the offical state sponsored dogma or religion.
No matter how you want to cut it ...this is what is recorded in history but not made public by most of our educational systems..so as to put all nations and ignorance on the same level. The fruit or lack of the fruit naturally follows.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The State is God = God is the State . Sorry it took me 7 years to notice this lol. But man That is definetly a rationale that deserves further inspection. This may very well indeed make sense. If the people of the State is aligned with a common belief that the God is almighty and powerful with many miracles, would that not necessarily translate to more powerful ambitions, technoloy, and machines that can provide many mircales.

I dont even know if you exist anymore orangetome but that last response really helped me open up another realm of thought to explore. thank you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join