It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan college students pledge loyalty to Al-Qeada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
today.reuters.com...:2006-02-20T164249Z_01_SP306320_RTRUKOC_0_US-RELIGION-CARTOONS.xml&pageNumber=1 &summit=

Hundreds of Afghan students shouted support on Monday for Osama bin Laden and threatened to join al Qaeda during a protest against cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad. Pakistan's main Islamist alliance vowed to broaden its campaign with more protests targeted at the U.S. and Pakistani presidents.

Students rallied against the West and pledged support to Osama Bin laden during a protest in Jalalabad if this cartooning of Islam does not cease. They charge that this is against the Koran. They were heard shouting 'Death to America", "Death to France" during the rally. Last week 10 people were killed in rioting in Afghanistan, and more than 56 deaths have occured around the globe in this latest week of rioting over nothing more than a cartoon.

You see, if you martyr yourself, and kill 3000 people, you are given a place in paradise. But if you draw a cartoon, you must die. Nice religion, glad to see it hasn't changed in 1400 years. Still as violent as ever.

The US had nothing to do with this, yet there is a call to arms to destroy America and punish Bush.

Pakistan's main Islamist alliance, the Muttahida Majlis-i-Amal (MMA), said on Monday it would broaden its campaign. Five people died in protests in Pakistan last week.

Qazi Hussain Ahmed, president of the MMA, was held under house arrest in Lahore at the weekend to prevent him leading a rally in the capital Islamabad on Sunday.

After his release on Monday he called publication of the cartoons in European newspapers "part of the clash of civilizations led by (U.S. President George W.) Bush".

I didn't know that Bush was a cartoonist among his other duties. This is bieng used to drum up anti-west sentiment, and that is all. My questions is why the Moslems are doing this? What are they attmepting to accomplish? Are they trying to do something that will trigger a US response so they can justify themselves?

[edit on 20-2-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yes, this is yet another attempt to cause a religious war...
the lines are bieng drawn...

Do we want the moderates on our side?

or do we want to strenghten our enemys purpose and numbers by falling for this pathetic attempt to rally the west against the muslims (all not just the extremists)...

as an American... it burns my butt, that America is once again "the bad guy" even though in this case (and so many others) we are ON THERE SIDE...

But this is what the extremists want... for me to be mad at all muslims... and not differentiate... because as soon as I drop those distinctions... the extremists win...

Dont ever forget to distinguish between the two... or else you are doing the world a disservice...

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Your assesment is dead on. I feel that we are bieng baited, and as soon as the US does something definitive against Islam, all hell will break loose.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Baited is an excellent term. Can you imagine how they would react if we were to counter violence with violence? They would feel totally justified in escalating their violence even more.

So far, the west has responded very admirably to these attacks. But we may be forced to change our means if the fanatics decide to strike on our home turf.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Do we want the moderates on our side?

or do we want to strenghten our enemys purpose and numbers by falling for this pathetic attempt to rally the west against the muslims (all not just the extremists)...

I don't think they could be considered "on our side" though. If they see any action taken against the extremists as an attack against them, how can we keep them out of the fray? The lines are being drawn, it doesn't seem they're willing to talk it out, so what are we to do? Let them attack us, and do nothing for fear of inciting the moderates? Things are reaching a boiling point, I just hope it doesn't boil over...

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I don't think they could be considered "on our side" though. If they see any action taken against the extremists as an attack against them, how can we keep them out of the fray? The lines are being drawn, it doesn't seem they're willing to talk it out, so what are we to do? Let them attack us, and do nothing for fear of inciting the moderates? Things are reaching a boiling point, I just hope it doesn't boil over...

I don't think the fanatics would be so foolish as to riot in our streets - we wouldn't stand for it, and we'd be justified if we cracked a few skulls to restore order.

I doubt that the moderates in the US would se it as an attack on them. They may not be on our side, but they would most likely stand on the sideline if riots were to break out, simply because they have too much vested in the US to jeopardize it.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
sigh ....

whos manipulating the paens and for what purpose. I suppose being a martyr is better than being unemployed in a decrepid society...

this is getting beyond a joke, here we are in the west watching these manipulated individuals on TV like watching an stick poking at bees in a nest. However we don't know just what the bees will attack when they get agitated enough, the stick poker or us.

top topics

join