It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinas plans to wipe out the USA. Very Scary.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite

Yeah thats why you didn't respond

EDIT:

It happened in chinas EEZ. This states that the state is in control of 200 miles adjacent to their land border to develop oil and natural resources etc. But allows the innocent passage of international shiping as long as it does not breach the sovernity of the nation state.

How is any of that wrong?

Gawd, are you stupid ? Once again everything seems to fly over your head, requires to much thinking on your behalf I guess

What does international shipping have to do with airspace, you can't find a single source of information ( because there isn't ) that a countries EEZ exerts rights over international airspace.

Also if we want to get into EEZ's, the territory where the EP-3 was hit can also be claimed by Vietnam under the 200 mile zone
So are you saying that CHina should push aside the smaller countries ?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
What does international shipping have to do with airspace, you can't find a single source of information ( because there isn't ) that a countries EEZ exerts rights over international airspace.

I dont know how much times i post this but here is it again

The EEZ regime, acknowledged by the international community in 1982 by UNCLOS, in many respects, was a product of a compromise between developing countries and industrialized countries. The EEZ regime itself has established some rights for coastal states protecting its off-shore natural resources. It reserves for the coastal nation jurisdiction over economic and environmental activities taking place up to 200 nautical miles offshore. The US, which has the strongest sea power in the world, agreed to some preferential status for coastal states in natural resources (the US set up its own EEZ in 1983) but strongly opposed any restrictions on traditional "freedom of navigation" or "freedom of overflight" in EEZ. (The US signed the UNCLOS but did not ratify it because of other reasons). The US regarded these freedoms as "high sea freedoms" (1983 Reagan Proclaim). Developing countries, on the other hand, tried to extend their jurisdiction in EEZ and to restrict these "freedoms." Brazil and some of the other 77-group states (a group composed primarily of economically-developing nations) claimed that any military exercises or maneuvers in EEZ should be subject to prior consent of the coastal states.

These controversies did not even end after the conclusion of UNCLOS. Article 58, paragraph 1 explicitly stipulates that all states can enjoy freedoms as referred to in Article 87 (High sea freedoms, including freedom of overflight). But developing states also got their points in paragraph three of the same article, which says that when exercising these freedoms, states have "due regard to the rights and duties of the coastal states." However, it is not very clear in UNCLOS that "security interests" (which are irrelevant to natural resources and environment protection) should be included in the rights of coastal states in their EEZ.

Hypocritically, the US, which opposed extension of coastal states' rights and jurisdictions in EEZ, by establishing Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ) under its domestic law (US code 14 title 99), extended its jurisdiction on the air space beyond its territorial water. Chinese ambassadors, in an April 4 interview on CNN, argued that if a Chinese military aircraft did the same reconnaissance flight over US offshore, that the US would be opposed to such actions. So far, no one has refuted this argument. It is clear that coastal states can take self-defense countermeasures under national security considerations not withstanding UNCLOS provisions. The US should respect Chinese security considerations, as well as Chinese should respect American's near the US seashore.

Source

Also if we want to get into EEZ's, the territory where the EP-3 was hit can also be claimed by Vietnam under the 200 mile zone
So are you saying that CHina should push aside the smaller countries ?

I take it you dont know how a EEZ is formulated?

. You call someone stupid while the basic principles of the debate you still dont know

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I take it you dont know how a EEZ is formulated?

Well why don't you tell us?

Australia formed its EEZ by drawing a line through the ocean parralell with the coast. Have a look where the maritime border between PNG and Australia is.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
He was talking about vietnamese and chinese borders which i answered in another thread concurrent to this one.

They formed a committe and neogoitaed areas because their maximum EEZ lines crossed. Which happened in chinas EEZ area

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
some dude got on a christian message board a few months ago saying that china was going to invade the US and for us not to fight back but to accept them without struggle and no one would get hurt..........

he said that if we see chinese military ......to welcome them!!!!

can you believe that crap!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

There are all kinds of people in this world.

Anyone invading the US would need all the troops China has and then some. Hell trying to take LA would be hard enough, and that is without the US Armed Forces getting into the fight. The gangs would be hard to beat.

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'd link to remind everyone in this WOT thread to keep the discussion on topic and avoid personal attacks of any kind.

Please take the time to read this thread by Springer!!
Mod Note: WOT Posting Conduct – Please Review Link.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

He was talking about vietnamese and chinese borders which i answered in another thread concurrent to this one.

They formed a committe and neogoitaed areas because their maximum EEZ lines crossed.

Okay, fine. Seems like a good solution to me, anyway.

But you said "a" EEZ, not "this" EEZ. That could mean any EEZ in the world.

Language is precise, you need to be precise with it, because your wording made me agree with Rogue. It made you look wrong.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Language is precise, you need to be precise with it, because your wording made me agree with Rogue. It made you look wrong.

Me and rogue were posting the same thing in two threads so i thought he would understand it. But i reply to him and not other people so it would be hard to understand if your the third party. You sound to much like my english teacher

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
SUN TZU BELIEVED THAT KNOWLEDGE WAS THE BASIS OF VICTORY. THEREFORE, THE MOST POTENT WEAPON OF WAR IS TO CONFUSE THE ENEMY'S KNOWLEDGE.
SUN TZU THEREFORE SAID, "ALL WARFARE IS BASED ON DECEPTION. HENCE, WHEN ABLE TO ATTACK, WE MUST SEEM UNABLE; WHEN USING OUR FORCES, WE MUST SEEM INACTIVE; WHEN WE ARE NEAR, WE MUST MAKE THE ENEMY BELIEVE THAT WE ARE AWAY; WHEN FAR AWAY, WE MUST MAKE HIM BELIEVE WE ARE NEAR. HOLD OUT BAITS TO ENTICE THE ENEMY. FEIGN DISORDER AND CRUSH HIM."

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thread from 2006 to Feb of this year. A race weapon doesn't seem to far-fetched w/ the amount of specific weapons out there or under development for the future.

I often think of the Cheney line in PNAC, "bio weapons will be a politically useful tool." And that insane scientist about e coli and the death of billions -- like he says, "look what happened to Africa."

There is always the mass extinction fear personally w/ active volcanoes, wiping out the ol dinosaurs doesn't seem like a big deal but it did happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
China does & wins...but not alone...coalition of 5...U.S. gets nuked bad...they hit all the WMD stock piles....read ' The Road ' by Cormac McCarthy to get a survivors insight... not pretty to see....please pray for all.....GB

[edit on 2-11-2007 by dave7]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

If the US fired their entire stock of nuclear weapons and each hit their targets with perfect accuracy it still wont kill anywhere near 1.3 billion Chinese. If you do not know where to look for the information that suggests as much i can help with that.

Um you, my friend, are completely wrong. If we send about 5,000 50 Megaton two-stage thermonuclear devices into China, EVERY square inch of that place is GONE. I dont care how mountainous it is LOL.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

That link is SO dead

[edit on 19-12-2008 by AikoZord]

[edit on 19-12-2008 by AikoZord]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
some dude got on a christian message board a few months ago saying that china was going to invade the US and for us not to fight back but to accept them without struggle and no one would get hurt..........

can you believe that crap!!!

Never. Going. To. Happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join