It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul McCartney died in 1966 - replaced by Billy Shepherd

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It's interesting that Paul / Faul called his book of poems and songs

'Blackbird Singing: Poems & Lyrics 1965-1999'.

Does this make him the Blackbird? Does 'singing' simply mean singing or could it mean singing as in spilling the beans?

It might be a good exercise to compare Paul's early poetry with the later stuff.

Also, he is barefoot on the cover:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b5f6f88a913.jpg[/atsimg]

Looking at the position of that foot I was wondering if there is any occult symbolism involved. Not as obvious as a hand gesture. Or could it be he is showing us his Achilles Heel?

Going back to Switching Yard's post on phookas: according to one of the links provided, phookas in human form have black shaggy hair. Moptops, anyone?

Edit to add - anyone interested in Charles Manson might find Paul Krassner's work illuminating.

www.counterpunch.org...

A bit more about Krassner - this article mentions that in 1972 John Lennon and Yoko Ono financed an issue of his magazine 'Realist".

www.thesunmagazine.org...

Vincent Bugliosi, the prosecutor at the trial of Manson and some of his 'family' called his book about Manson and the trial 'Helter Skelter'.

Interestingly, he also wrote this book 'The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder':

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 24-9-2009 by berenike]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
By the way knowing what this song is about literally, you might want to check this to bide your time:
Four and Twenty Blackbirds... More on Ergotism, Rye and Witchcraft in Scotland
W. E. Boyd
Area, Vol. 27, No. 1 (Mar., 1995), pp. 77-78
(article consists of 2 pages)
Published by: Blackwell Publishing on behalf of The Royal Geographical Society (with the Institute of British Geographers)
Stable URL: www.jstor.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Sing a song of sixpence,
A pocket full of rye.
Four and twenty blackbirds,
Baked in a pie.
When the pie was opened,
The birds began to sing;
Wasn't that a dainty dish,
To set before the king?
The king was in his counting house,
Counting out his money;
The queen was in the parlour,
Eating bread and honey.
The maid was in the garden,
Hanging out the clothes;
When down came a blackbird
And snapped off her nose.[1]
The final line of the fourth verse is sometimes slightly varied, with nose pecked or nipped off. One of the following additional verses is often added to moderate the ending:

They send for the king's doctor,
who sewed it on again;
He sewed it on so neatly,
the seam was never seen.[1]
or:

There was such a commotion,
that little Jenny wren;
Flew down into the garden,
and put it back again.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
JENNY WREN

Like so many girls, Jenny Wren could sing
But a broken heart, took her song away

Like the other girls, Jenny Wren took wing
She could see the world, and its foolish ways

How, we, spend our days, casting, love aside
Losing, sight of life, day, by, day

She saw poverty, breaking up her home
Wounded warriors, took her song away

(solo) verse, chorus

But the day will come, Jenny Wren will sing
When this broken world, mends its foolish ways

Then we, spend our days, catching up on life
All be-cause of you, Jenny Wren

You saw who we are, Jenny Wren

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

JENNY WREN

Our Mutual Friend (written in the years 1864–65) is the last novel completed by Charles Dickens and is in many ways one of his most sophisticated works, combining deep psychological insight with rich social analysis. At one level it centres on, in the words of critic J. Hillis Miller, "money, money, money, and what money can make of life" but in a deeper sense it also about 'human values'. In the opening chapter, a young man is on his way to receive his inheritance, which, according to his father's will, he can claim only if he marries Bella Wilfer, a beautiful, mercenary girl whom he has never met. However, before he can arrive, a body is found in the Thames and identified as him. The money passes on, instead, to the working-class Boffins, and the effects spread throughout various corners of London society.

www.absoluteastronomy.com...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by asala]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm just going to reprint that synopsis again, for the benefit of PIA and PID believers ...

However, before he can arrive, a body is found in the Thames and identified as him. The money passes on, instead, to the working-class Boffins, and the effects spread throughout various corners of London society.

This isn't even funny anymore. For PIA fans, seriously, how you've not lost respect for this man and his songwriting skills I don't know. Because this makes him nothing more than a snake oil salesman. A joke or hoax is played on the public over 40 years ago. It has been the subject of many an interview for at least 35 years in this man's life. Two of the accomplices can't play anymore. And one seems to have bowed out. He is the only one continuing on with this 'joke'.

If you say Paul's just doing that so all you PID's buy his albums and search for references and clues, then he is nothing more than a snake oil salesman. He has nothing to do with art, or creativity anymore. Nothing. He is simply pandering to whomever will listen and collecting their money. Both PIA and PID alike. There is no reason for him to be making this joke or hoax anymore if it bothers him so to keep having to answer to it.

I did the literal interpretation of Blackbird. It would be easy to fill in the unknowns in that literal interpretation to be about Civil Rights. I didn't. Anyone can do that. That's why metaphor is beautiful. It includes you in the creative process. It lends to your imagination and interpretation of things presented. Instead I ...

Searched Blackbirds + Witchcraft at Google. That brought me to 4 + 20 Blackbirds and Witchcraft in Scotland (ironically, where he is said to have wrote the song). 4 + 20 Blackbirds brought me to Sing a Song of Sixpence. From Sing a Song of Sixpence you get Jenny Wren (which had to be a later inclusion to its original 'lyric'), which also brings you to Cry Baby Cry on The White Album by comparison in lyric to Sing a Song of ... (Harrison also had a publishing company called Singsong for a brief spell)
which brings you to Blackbird and its perceived 'sequel' "Jenny Wren" which is a character (and a bird) mentioned in Charles Dickens "A Mutual Friend" which has a plot that incoporates this:

"However, before he can arrive, a body is found in the Thames and identified as him. The money passes on, instead, to the working-class Boffins, and the effects spread throughout various corners of London society."

If he doesn't want people to think he is dead, then he needs to stop writing songs altogether, cuz he can't seem to stop playing the joke.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by suckerfly]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Sorry moderator!!! Wasn't testing how much I could get away with -- I was just on a roll . Apologies.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Interesting correlations to Witchcraft, Scotland and Blackbirds

Blackbird (Druid-dhubh, Lon Dubh): Legend says that the birds of Rhiannon are three blackbirds, which sit and sing in the World Tree of the Otherworlds. Their singing puts the listener in to a sleep or trance which enables her/him to go to the Otherworlds. It was said to impart mystic secrets.

And just for ha-ha's
Rhiannon chose the mortal Prince Pwyll (pronounced Poo-ul or translated as Paul) as her future husband. Rhiannon appeared to Pwyll one afternoon while he stood with his companions on a great grass-covered mound in the deep forest surrounding his castle. These mounds, called Tors, were thought to be magical places, perhaps covering the entrance to the otherworld beneath the earth. It was thought that those who stood upon them would become enchanted, so most people avoided them.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
www.geocities.com...

for other reference to Rhiannon and her Blackbirds.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Other searches incorporating Three Blackbirds, Illuminati, Aleister Crowley, Witchcraft brought me to Sylvia Plath

In 'The Blackbird' (BL 162), the poem on the path of The High Priestess in the World of Assiah, Sylvia displays even more of the Goddess's powers but, because this World is far from the Source, she is both jailer and prisoner of her dark forces ...
ann.skea.com...

and just for reference:
www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 24-9-2009 by suckerfly]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Ted Hughes & Paul McCartney search

LONDON, Sept 9 (Reuters) - Former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney is to take to the stage in London's West End to read a selection of his poems in celebration of National Poetry Day, organizers said on Sunday.

It will be the first time that McCartney, who published an anthology of his poetry and lyrics, ``Blackbird Singing,'' earlier this year, will read his work in London.

He has given three previous public readings of his poetry in New York, his hometown Liverpool and at the Hay-on-Wye literary festival in the Welsh border town.

Joining McCartney on stage on October 4 will be a band of British bards including Frieda Hughes, daughter of the late poet laureate Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath, and the event organizer London poet Michael Horovitz.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
All I can say is that Paul McCarthy is a satanist too, he doesn't hide it neither.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Another possible angle on the analysis of the song Blackbird is Edgar Allan Poe's famous poem The Raven. Interesting to read the following Wiki article about how the poem indicates the loss of a loved one. Can the lost person come back as before? "Nevermore" quoth the raven. The lost loved one goes away and is replaced by the raven who reminds our grief stricken experiencer that things will not return to how they were as the cherished past is now "nevermore".

Link... en.wikipedia.org...

Of course, we know that Edgar Allan Poe was on the Sgt Pepper cover and was mentioned in John's I Am The Walrus...

"One classic example is Poe’s appearance on The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album (1967). In their song “I Am the Walrus,” The Beatles declared, “Man you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.” The band also made him a member of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club, placing him in a prominent position on the memorable album cover."

Link www.utexas.edu...

So, I don't know if the black bird song is in any way related to the Poe poem, but it's just another angle. I like suckerfly's "sing a song of sixpence" reference and other references, too, but I do not believe the song has anything to do at all with race relations in the Deep South of the USA in the sixties. The Poe connection is a long shot but it is a fact that at least John Lennon was somewhat into Poe.

We often get these little cover stories from Macca (as in Blackbird is about an Afro-American woman struggling during racial tensions in the sixties) that seem to cover the truth about a song or episode in Beatles history. I just don't believe a lot of his little anecdotes and stories. Many gullible people do believe anything Macca says.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I am reading everything everyone's saying, please don't think I'm not by not giving replies -- I just go with the flow seeing what comes up following a trail. OK

If you DON'T think there are 'occult' references in 'harmless' Beatles tunes or products, you do have to take a look at this. Whether you believe the yellow submarine is a stargate or not, is up to you. If you watch either the end of Yellow Submarine's credits, or the documentary on the making of the film, the company distributing it was Tarot. I can't remember if it's the movie itself or the MOD documentary.

Scroll down the page.
synchromysticismforum.com...

If you do a search on Aleister Crowley and Ted Hughes, you will come across this find, which is an excerpt on Poetry & Magic.
link

I began writing The Fool On the Hill not in search for Paul's Death. What i was looking for was the beginnings of Lennon's abdication as leader, and the subsequent 'takeover' by Paul. The Mythology says this happens with the death of Brian Epstein. I thought it was earlier. I thought I could find where it truly began, just by removing all metaphorical/historical/allegorical references from their lyrics, taking the words literal meaning and point to be made, and then placing those previous elements BACK into the song. Doing so, said to me Paul taking 'over' the band happened after "Yesterday", somewhere around 1965. Lennon's retreat from leadership happened as early as 1966, and his seclusion into a world of yello and green and water. Harrison obviously has a problem with 'someone' in Think For Yourself. In fact, taking Nowhere Man / Think For Yourself / I'm Looking Through You and putting them together, reads like a conversation about the same subject.

As said, it was not to prove Paul Was Dead. It was getting past the mythology and 'legend' of these events to get to some possible truth. The best way in was through the artists themselves and how they were 'reacting' to the events around them.

Yellow + Green -- I did searches on these colours years ago when writing the piece. What they meant, or could mean. Their symbolism. Even their use in advertising and marketing, and by multiple and diverse cultures. Do a search and see what you come up with.

Mod Edit: fixed page skewing link.

[edit on 9/30/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Actually!

Read as much as you can at that synchromysticism link -- go back to the first page -- that's some interesting shizznit! Whether you believe in Stargates or not is up to you (but you should know that time is moving faster, or collapsing and has been since about 1980 --- used to be at about 7.83 cycles now it's around 12 -- virtually leaving us with 16 hour days, not 24. Schumann's Resonance and wotnot.)

But read that synchromysticism thread. Interesting -- I got there by going yellow and green once again .

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Didn't someone say that "yellow submarine" was '60's drug slang?

Interesting interpretations on "Blackbird" both of you, Switching Yard & Suckerfly. I think the Raven/Poe connection is pretty compelling, actually.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
Also, I've been wondering lately if there could be some kind of code or cryptology that could unlock Beatles song lyrics. I wonder if one stumbles upon the code, if he or she could then unlock or open the cryptic meanings behind the song lyrics. Just a thought.

A Rosetta PID stone would be nice... Speaking of clues, I recently heard about these 2:

1 - You can purchase a guitar (bass?) to play the game, Beatles Rockband, that is supposedly a replica of Paul's, but many are complaining because it is right-handed.

2 - Listen to the Revolution #9 with "Sony Sound Forge 9" or any another audio-editor. Cut the left (top) track, listen only to the right (low) track. At 05:00, when John begins to shout ("WooAAAA!!!"), in a background the voice pronounces: "Paul McCartney is dead."

[edit on 26-9-2009 by faulconandsnowjob]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
PID on Freeman Perspective:
mp3.oraclebroadcasting.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join