It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul McCartney died in 1966 - replaced by Billy Shepherd

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
The Quarymen contained John, George, and Stuart Sutcliff, who became the Beatles, so yes Paul meant the band was already 'set up' when he joined.

Except he said the Beatles were a set-up affair when he joined.

Bill/Faul - "I suddenly realised that I didn`t actually know how to set up a band... If you think about it I`d never actually done it before... I`d joined the Beatles it was an already....... (pause) set up affair."

They weren't talking about the Quarrymen, & the Beatles were not already set up when Paul joined the Quarrymen.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by faulconandsnowjob]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Unless Faul meant to say The Quarreymen instead of the The Beatles, it is a rather odd statement.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by SednaSon]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SednaSon
Unless Faul meant to say The Quarreymen instead of the The Beatles, it is a rather odd statement.

Bill says a lot of "odd" things unless you know what the deal is. lol

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
and you believe this???

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenixlander
and you believe this???

Believe what? That Bill (Faul) says odd things, or that Paul was replaced?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
How about Ebony and Ivory. What is the deal with that? What a bleeding pile of dung that was. It would have been a good song for Sesame Street and even then would have still sucked. "You see world...everything is great between whites and people of color. Michael and Faul say it is so and so it must be." I can't imagine Paul writing or singing a song that is such sheeple brainwashing crap.

Bill/Faul has so many crap tunes (compared to good ones) it`s not funny. I remember buying a best of Wings album a few years back (the one with the purple cover/two hands on the front). I listened to it once or twice and then threw it there. Apart from a few songs from "Band on the Run" and "Maybe I`m Amazed" he has very few songs which stand up.

Bills stinkers imo - "The Frog Song, Mary Had a Little Lamb, Hope of Deliverance, Spies Like Us" - I`m only scratching the surface here!

Originally posted by faulconandsnowjob
And what about "Say Say Say"? Notice how it's about con-artists. Hmmm...

Excellent spot Faulcon, I hadn`t picked up on that - Could never bring myself to watch the full video either... hehe.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Uncle Benny]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'd like to defend Spies Like Us as a movie, though.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 31-8-2009 by SednaSon]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Benny

Bill/Faul has so many crap tunes (compared to good ones) it`s not funny.

Who said Paul could fall on a piano & write a hit?

Bills stinkers imo - Mary Had a Little Lamb

That's a great video for showing his fake ears :-P

Don't forget "Ever Present Past" :-P it's an interesting video, though, b/c it alludes to a double.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I'd like to defend Spies Like Us as a movie, though.

www.youtube.com...

That's a great scene. So true, too :-p I actually even like the video for "Spies Like Us" b/c Bill looks like he did on the White Album w/ the glasses.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by faulconandsnowjob]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Good grief, pages and pages of drivel -- one minute she's saying the lid's about to blow on this, the next she's trying to decide whether or not "Say, say, say" has a catchy tune!

Any chance we could get this thread back on topic?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by faulconandsnowjob
Don't forget "Ever Present Past" :-P it's an interesting video, though, b/c it alludes to a double.

Very much so -

- 25 seconds... A second "Paul" appears in the shot.

- 40 seconds... Bill sings, "I think of everything to be discovered."

- 58 seconds... Just coming into the chorus as Bill sings... "My ever present past," a similar suited man walks by the camera and clicks his fingers.

- 1.32 min... Again a second "Paul" walks onto the set.

What is this... "Ever Present Past" Bill/Faul is referring to.......Hmmmm!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by seaofgreen
Good grief, pages and pages of drivel -- one minute she's saying the lid's about to blow on this, the next she's trying to decide whether or not "Say, say, say" has a catchy tune!

I don`t know what you were reading -

Faulcon stated the video "Say Say Say" referred to two con-men - A valid point considering what we`re discussing on the thread. She couldn`t give a flying monkeys whether it was "a catchy tune" or not.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Uncle Benny]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think one of the key situations is that by now, the LET IT BE film should have been fully restored, remastered for DVD and readily available.

However, it is widely known that Macca blocks restoration and re-release of LET IT BE.

You can see somewhat poor quality copies of it on the web.

LET IT BE shows how the band struggled to work with Macca. He seems to have a personality, a persona, that is completely out of sync with the others. There is zero, absolutely zilch, "we were chums as youngsters" vibe. It's like John, George and Ringo are patiently just putting up with this guy.

Very, very disturbing.

And I do think there's a clip showing George trying to teach Macca a bass line for Two Of Us and Macca is not talented enough to get it. "It's too complicated!" Macca whines and George says "It's not complicated!" and George happens to be correct.

George ends up playing bass himself on Two Of Us, which you can see in the film.

I really suspect that George Harrison wrote all the bass lines from Pepper forward and probably played bass, as well, on all the albums. My hunch is that Harrison was hugely involved in the Beatles sound from Pepper forward but DID NOT GET HIS DUE CREDIT.

O.K., end of rant.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I've been watching a lot of clips on You Tube and, for whatever reason, George's discomfort around Paul in the later clips is obvious.

In the early days they shared a microphone quite happily, but there is definite unease later on.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think Paul and George's relationship was somewhat strained in the early days of the Beatles(not as youths) for whatever reason. I think they repaired it in '66 and then not too long after that Paul died. It's a sad story all the way around.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
In this video clip just before the 60 second mark, he refers to himself in the third person - this could be because he's talking about others referring to himself as "he's dead" - also at the 1:50 mark, the comment about doubles comes up and after the applause if you watch his eyes and facial expression it looks like people do when they just tell a lie, they look around...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I think Paul and George's relationship was somewhat strained in the early days of the Beatles(not as youths) for whatever reason.

Really? Why do you think that?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
I think one of the key situations is that by now, the LET IT BE film should have been fully restored, remastered for DVD and readily available.

Doesn't "remastered" mean "faulsified," though?

LET IT BE shows how the band struggled to work with Macca. He seems to have a personality, a persona, that is completely out of sync with the others.

Bill has a rather grating personality, imo. He's let being Paul McCartney go to his head :-P

And I do think there's a clip showing George trying to teach Macca a bass line for Two Of Us and Macca is not talented enough to get it. "It's too complicated!" Macca whines and George says "It's not complicated!" and George happens to be correct.

Is this the one you meant?

I really suspect that George Harrison wrote all the bass lines from Pepper forward and probably played bass, as well, on all the albums.

Bill is more of a piano guy.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Benny

Originally posted by seaofgreen

I'm glad I'm spared from seeing most of this sort of BS b/c of my trusty "ignore" button. lol
I'd like to make a song dedication to Bill & his buddies:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
After reading this thread for several days, it's become apparent the person called Paul McCartney isn't Paul McCartney. as has already been pointed out, Paul McCartney was charismatic. Faul never has been charismatic. and talented.

i have no doubt Paul Left in 1966 and was replaced. Faul has not one drop of charisma. the camera doesn't love Faul.

and also, more importantly, Paul could write.

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join