It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous Google Blockout

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I don't know what they were trying to hide that particular day, maybe some guy was running naked at the time of the picture?

Here's a couple of non-pixelated pictures directly from US Naval Observatory. (tycho.usno.navy.mil...)

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I belive the VP resides there and that is why it is pixleated

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
That is obviously NOT the observatory, duh, what are you thinking, jeez. An observatory thats censored, thats just silly, and crazy, complete crazy talk.

Thats a crop circle.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufia

Originally posted by kuhl
I wonder if there are anymore blackouts anywhere,if there is I'm sure they will be discovered.

If you scroll Google map to the left, there is another similar blackout in Siberia.

maps.google.com...,179.25087 &spn=0.118835,0.4422&t=k

Some people believe the blackout could be caused by pictures not fitting properly together, thus leaving an empty space in the map. Make sense, but I did not find any official explanation about this.

I used to fly alot around that particular area and it looks like the HAARP site is in that area around Gulkona, Alaska. Its not a big secret to Alaskans. However, it is a mystical weapon with fantastic abilities. I saw the original ARCO patent years ago. It's great ability is to change weather patterns in the ionispere.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by declair

Originally posted by ufia

Originally posted by kuhl
I wonder if there are anymore blackouts anywhere,if there is I'm sure they will be discovered.

If you scroll Google map to the left, there is another similar blackout in Siberia.

maps.google.com...,179.25087 &spn=0.118835,0.4422&t=k

Some people believe the blackout could be caused by pictures not fitting properly together, thus leaving an empty space in the map. Make sense, but I did not find any official explanation about this.

I used to fly alot around that particular area and it looks like the HAARP site is in that area around Gulkona, Alaska. Its not a big secret to Alaskans. However, it is a mystical weapon with fantastic abilities. I saw the original ARCO patent years ago. It's great ability is to change weather patterns in the ionispere.

Sorry, HAARP has already been found further to the West, and it's not blacked out, this is either a mistake, or something different.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have noticed that the White Sands Missile Range is obscured as well. It is not completely blacked out, but one is not able to discern any sharp detail in that particular region.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShinobiAurora
One very strange location on GE tho is an area in Washington DC, to the west of Normanstone Park and north of Dumbarton Oaks Park .... Ths circular area has been clearly pixilted, anyone got any ideas about what it is???

That would be the US Naval Observatory, Dick Cheney's residence.

[Edit: Oops, didn't see all the replies before posting this...]

[edit on 5-3-2006 by CyberSEAL]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Navel Obsevatory? Two things about it that don't make sense. For on, the size itself is way too big. Two, it miles and miles away from the ocean.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
In reference to gfad's original post.

I thought this might be interesting....

Apparently NASA has some problems imaging that area too. When viewing the same area in "NASA World Wind 1.3" there are definitely different surrounding photos, yet the same swath is missing.....

I'm not sure if Google Earth uses the same satellites as Nasa World Wind for it's imaging. I'm also unsure as to which of the two has the most current images.

I can't post the image now as I'm currently at work..... I will try posting a screen capture of NASA World Winds version if I have time when I get home, unless someone else can grab a screencap from it first.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Fugue]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The 1m Ortho images won't give any good resolution for the area.

Geo Cover data from 1990 shows the area, but no visible stuff on the ground.
If I layer Landsat 7 data over geocover the black square comes back.

Detailed topographical maps are available with place names.

NASA World Wind

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Thanks for pickin' up the slack for me, I completely forgot to add the screencaps when I got home. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Anyone want a job with Google. They are building a Midwest Regional Center and will emply 10,000 people in Grand Rapids, Michigan. What is so interesting is that The Battle Creek Air National Guard Base is getting a new mission in May. Anyone wanna guess what this mission will be? It will be a sophisticated DCGS Facility. In another words a spook house for spying. It is ironic that the timing is so close. Please pass on to other threads and we can talk about it more.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Anyone want a job with Google. They are building a Midwest Regional Center and will emply 10,000 people in Grand Rapids, Michigan. What is so interesting is that The Battle Creek Air National Guard Base is getting a new mission in May. Anyone wanna guess what this mission will be? It will be a sophisticated DCGS Facility. In another words a spook house for spying. It is ironic that the timing is so close. Please pass on to other threads and we can talk about it more.

If this is a spook operation being set up in the guise of a Google operation it deserves it's own thread so that it can be examined properly.
Take what information you have and post it on it's own.
The truth will follow...........

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
For what it's worth, here's the Alaska anomoly location on Windows Live Local. No redaction or black rectangle; just mountains.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I guess it is justa problem fitting the photos together then, that explains it pretty well. Thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Isn't this just the Alaska Junction deal but located in a different part of the US.

i.e. the Air Force is building silos for the next generation of ABMs up there and the area will be protected from prying eyes until such time as the military brass believes that it's safe to view on commercial satellite imagery.

Of course we could just ask the Russians for a high resolution shot, I hear they will sell you anything these days.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If is isn't the pics not fitting together then it has to be the government. it is my belief that they do that in order to protect the areas. if you can't pinpoint the exact area that a particular thing is at, then you can't fire a missile at it and blow it up.

It may be for protection.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShinobiAurora
Sorry for the delay, but here's a link to the blurred area in Washington DC ...

maps.google.com...,-77.064972&spn=0.013957,0.042915&t=k

[edit on 20-2-2006 by ShinobiAurora]

That is known as 1 Observatory Way, the residence of the Vice President at the Naval Observatory, aka Dick Cheney's lair.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The U.S. Naval Observatory is also where the Vice Presidents official residence is located. FYI.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I know this is an old post...however the entire google company only has 10k employees...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join