It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous Google Blockout

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Hi guys, this has already been mentioned on another board on this site but wasnt followed up and I wondered what your opinion was.

Check out:
Lat 62.1747
Lon -141.1354
on google earth or similar. It is a v long blacked out section partly in Alaska and partly in Canada apparently "pointing" at Russia. I looked on terraserver and it is blacked out on there too.

Anyway i dunno what it is. What do you think?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I had noticed that before, when I tried the 7 day free trial of Keyhole. I just thought this area didn't have the high resolution images yet. But it does seem they don't want you to see what is there.

I was once looking up Ugashik Airport in Alaska, which is code 9a8, and then I changed my search terms, don't recall exact words I used, but added the word "secret" and was redirected to an FAA page or Central Command center, or smthg, that said I was attempting to access information, it was serious, I had intruded and wouldl be investigated. I am sure they have that though, when you try to access pages they don't want public and use of certain keywords.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Whatever they were hidding under that giant monolith, it's not visible in this non blacked out picture.

rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov.../A laska.A2005222.2210.250m.jpg

Maybe they were embarrassed that the forest fires took the shape of the secret nuclear launch code.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I can't see the picture, it loaded, then dissapeared..

But that was another thing I found, there is some nuclear activty going on there, in Ugashik.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Very weird. He's the direct link from maps.google.com :

/lm9tf

[edit - original url broke the BB code]

[edit on 20/2/06 by Asnivor]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
area 51 isnt blacked out? possibly because nothing goes on there when a satelite is overhead.May be someone in Alaska wasnt aware when sats passed over therefore something was happening in the blacked out area.

Not tosay it's anything extraterrestriel It could be something much more down to Earthbut still somthing sensitive enough to black it out.

I wonder if there are anymore blackouts anywhere,if there is I'm sure they will be discovered.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
But that was another thing I found, there is some nuclear activty going on there, in Ugashik.

What kind of nuclear activity?

Just as a point of interest, I make this blacked out area to be about 200km east of the Gakona HAARP station (source)

[edit on 20/2/06 by Asnivor]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
I wonder if there are anymore blackouts anywhere,if there is I'm sure they will be discovered.

If you scroll Google map to the left, there is another similar blackout in Siberia.

maps.google.com...,179.25087 &spn=0.118835,0.4422&t=k

Some people believe the blackout could be caused by pictures not fitting properly together, thus leaving an empty space in the map. Make sense, but I did not find any official explanation about this.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Google Earth is full of these black areas, a reliable explanation is probably to do with satallite image failure, not secret bases etc.

One very strange location on GE tho is an area in Washington DC, to the west of Normanstone Park and north of Dumbarton Oaks Park .... Ths circular area has been clearly pixilted, anyone got any ideas about what it is???

GE is FULL of unreliable pictures, a lot of poor overlaying and occasionally the odd 'ghost' vehicle... If there were secret bases then i doubt anyone would be so stupid as to have ANY activity going on when satellites are passing over, let alone the clearly NON-secret image satellites used by Google.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Nuclear test sites in Alaska

pubs.usgs.gov...

www.brook.edu...

Geologic surface effects of underground nuclear testing,.

Site Name: Long Shot Nuclear Test Site
CLUI LUDB#: AK3126
Category: Nuclear / Radioactive

Site Name: Milrow Nuclear Test Site
CLUI LUDB#: AK3127

Site Name: Cannikin Nuclear Test Site
CLUI LUDB#: AK3128

More below: but this I copied from a site that alleges the tsumais are triggered by atomic blasts

First test of a hydrogen bomb took place in Alaska on April 1, 1946!!

After World War II, Alaska was chosen as the favorite site of the Pentagon for testing nuclear weapons. It was near Russia so the fallout would contaminate Siberia and remote enough from the mainland U.S. to hide the effects of the "shots" or testing. The coordinator of Alaska nuke testing was Dr. Edward Teller—the so-called "father of the H-bomb:"

Teller tested a hydrogen bomb in Alaska on April 1, 1946. The Pentagon controlled world press reported it as an "earthquake" and tsunami.

This hydrogen bomb explosion was triggered by a gun-assembly device similar to the one used on "Little Boy"—the Hiroshima bomb.

HItler had already perfected it for use against a British or U.S. port.

The device was either a copy of the German bomb or something invented by Teller at Los Alamos.

The destructive power of an H-bomb is unimaginable as demonstrated by the subsequent "earthquake" and tsunami.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShinobiAurora
One very strange location on GE tho is an area in Washington DC, to the west of Normanstone Park and north of Dumbarton Oaks Park .... Ths circular area has been clearly pixilted, anyone got any ideas about what it is???

could you provide a link please shinobi?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That things way to big to be a secret base isn't it? It's like 5 times bigger than area 51. I like to believe places like that exist but I think this one truley is an error BUT... I did notice a weird coloured piece of land just north of the line. It's a purpleish colour & could be related if it really is secret. More likely to be a nuclear plant though & probably one of the largest in the world. Good find though

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by firmbeliever
That things way to big to be a secret base isn't it? It's like 5 times bigger than area 51. I like to believe places like that exist but I think this one truley is an error BUT... I did notice a weird coloured piece of land just north of the line. It's a purpleish colour & could be related if it really is secret. More likely to be a nuclear plant though & probably one of the largest in the world. Good find though

If you were blocking somthing out (Not to say they are but I think they could be) You would block out a big area. The thing they are covering will not be centralised in the area.Therefore if you found the centre point there would be nothing to see but off to the left ,up ,right ,down there may well be.

That's if you ever got to see the image.

[edit on 20/2/2006 by kuhl]

[edit on 20/2/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The interesting thing about the blacked-out region is its proximity to Highway 1 in the Canadian territory.

Accessability...hmmm

There's not a lot of highways in that part of the country...at least there wasn't when I lived there.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
www.2012.com.au...
members.tripod.com...

Isn't it obvious? Its the hollow earth theory coming to light. They just don't want to have the world know that in the north and south pole is a lush green paradise. Open your eyes folks

Oh ya and the earth is flat!
www.alaska.net...

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Sorry for the delay, but here's a link to the blurred area in Washington DC ...

maps.google.com...,-77.064972&spn=0.013957,0.042915&t=k

[edit on 20-2-2006 by ShinobiAurora]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Nuclear test sites in Alaska

pubs.usgs.gov...

www.brook.edu...

Geologic surface effects of underground nuclear testing,.

Site Name: Long Shot Nuclear Test Site
CLUI LUDB#: AK3126

Site Name: Milrow Nuclear Test Site
CLUI LUDB#: AK3127

Site Name: Cannikin Nuclear Test Site
CLUI LUDB#: AK3128

More below: but this I copied from a site that alleges the tsumais are triggered by atomic blasts

First test of a hydrogen bomb took place in Alaska on April 1, 1946!!

After World War II, Alaska was chosen as the favorite site of the Pentagon for testing nuclear weapons. It was near Russia so the fallout would contaminate Siberia and remote enough from the mainland U.S. to hide the effects of the "shots" or testing. The coordinator of Alaska nuke testing was Dr. Edward Teller—the so-called "father of the H-bomb:"

Teller tested a hydrogen bomb in Alaska on April 1, 1946. The Pentagon controlled world press reported it as an "earthquake" and tsunami.

This hydrogen bomb explosion was triggered by a gun-assembly device similar to the one used on "Little Boy"—the Hiroshima bomb.

HItler had already perfected it for use against a British or U.S. port.

The device was either a copy of the German bomb or something invented by Teller at Los Alamos.

The destructive power of an H-bomb is unimaginable as demonstrated by the subsequent "earthquake" and tsunami.

First: I asked about this blacked out area one time before in this forum and got the response that it is a satellite error, which I would say is most likely the truth. It is possible that this is some sort of sensitive location though, possibly a base to communicate w/ submarines, as I have heard accounts of their being one in Alaska from airline travelers.

Second: Im fairly sure the information posted above on the H-bomb is inaccurate. Edward Teller was the H-bombs father, but, the first test was not until 1952. The germans actually were not nearly as close to atomic weapons as everyone estimated. This was primarily due to the fact that they were trying a different method of enriching the Uranium, using heavy water. While this is also a route to obtaining the needed isotopes of hydrogen to put into an H-bomb, the Germans were nowhere near perfecting this.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Like many other have said before, it is mostlikely a satalite error. There is always a slight possiblity that there may be something there. Has any one thought of the possiblity of it having something to do with the Star Wars project? For balistic missile defense to be effective then they would have to shoot down the missiles Relatively quick. And if I'm not mistaken most ground based missiles from Russia would have to pass over this area, or Finland/Iceland area. Either way Alaska is one of two perfect places to put anti-ICBM instalations...that or satalites...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

That appears to be the US Navel Observatory. No real idea on why it would be censored though..

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Nice link Shinobi ty,could any one clean it up nsa style? lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join