It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superman...the greatest of all!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Superman has to be the greatest superhero ever doesn't he? He can fly, he's strong, he has x-ray vision, he is practically invincible, he can even fly around the world and turn back time. The only weakness he has is Kryptonite and that seems to be pretty difficult to get your hands on.

In addition to these superpowers, he's modest, kind, smart and fights a never ending battle for truth and justice. He's got it all!

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have to agree with you in that I also believe that Superman is the greatest comic book character/superhero. Of course, my opinion is rather biased. Superman comic books were the first "serious" comic that I had ever read. Naturally, as a little kid, I started off reading comics that were truly "children's books". You know the sort of titles that I mean; Richie Rich, Casper, Archie. But one day I picked up a comic from my older brother's pile of comics. It was a Superman comic book.

Getting "into" the Superman character was easy. A young kid growing up in the late fifties and early sixties, I was entirely familiar with the Superman saga through watching the Superman television show. George Reeves was Superman and I was engrossed in this man from another planet, Krypton. Though I have to admit that I could never understand why every crook and criminal always aimed for the big red "S" on his chest when they would fire their guns. As a kid, I was always wondering what would happen if the criminals shot their guns aiming at Superman's head or something. All right, perhaps this is a bit bloodthirsty of me but, hey, I grew up in Detroit!

Anyway, Superman was the best comic book character ever. I will add that I did start reading Batman comic books as a natural progression in my thirst for adventure and fantasy. And, I must admit, that Batman is certainly a wonderful character and one that is close to my heart but, all in all, Superman is the greatest not only for his amazing powers but also because he was my initiation into the world of comic book fantasy.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You know, this has to be a generational thing. Kids nowadays seem to relate to Spiderman and Batman more than Superman. I've wondered why this is seeing as Superman is without question the greatest superhero ever. Now, it might be because of the movies because there hasn't been a Superman movie made in forever, or it's because kids could actually see themselves being Batman or Spiderman being that they were just normal guys, not alien like Superman.

Superman clowns all others. The only superhero that could possibly beat him is Rogue because she could absorb his power. She could put on some sexy lingerie and draw him in because he would be thinking with his other head and then she'd lay her hands on him and drain him. Then she could just break his neck and 'game over'.

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of Superman but I can;t deny what he is and the impace the character has had in comics.
mytym, you're right he has it all. You have to be something special to beat him in a fight.

Superman is such a big thing that he has his imatators and we all know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Captain Marvel

Hyperion

Mr. Majestic

Sentry

Supreme.

Those are just a few of the Superman 'clones' out there.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I suppose onehing he wasn't too great at was disguise. He made almost no effort at all. With just a pair of glasses and no cape it was amazing he had some many people fooled so easily!

new topics

top topics

join