It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do UFOs Have Running Lights?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Perhaps it was decided when Presdent Eisenhower meet the Ebe's and signed a treaty. The Ebe's said, "Of course you know we are going to keep abducting your people and doing god knows what to them!" Esenhower said,"Yeah okay, that is fine as long as you adhere to our FAA regulations
about running lights, can't have you buzzing around being a safety risk now can we?"

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
When I lived in Arkansas I had somewhere of 7 to 9 sightings. The UFOs I saw didn't have circling or flashing lights as an airplane would. Rather, the whole object would glow.

I assume whatever type of propulsion (if you even want to call it that) causes the glow.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
virtually all UFO's are black and fly at night with no lights, so we never see them. The ones you do see are the aliens who are just learning how to drive. Just as we teach our teenagers to drive cars, alien parents teach their teenagers to fly saucers.

The ufo's that fly erratic are the ones that have the teenage boy aliens in them. Gotta have that bling-bling and beebop star wars music blasting as they parade around and try to impress teenage alien chicks. The brighter and fancier the lights the better

I'm willing to bet that every UFO crash was a teenage boy, doing stuff he's parents had told him not to do, showing off while trying to impress the ladies and then BAMMMM...He's done busted up his folks space ship.

Kids, they're the same everywhere

Wupy

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
the law of intergalactic travel clearly states that as you fly thru another species sky, you must observe any and all craft lighting laws, so as to keep the "non knowing" in the dark...

it is all part of the treaty...
just red tape...

I agree, this is a universal law. I just checked the manual.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't dare flash my lights in case some mad teenagers chop my head off lol.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Because they P A R T Y all the time !

Those " DISKS " with the flashing lights are on the beat (erratic movements, spinning round, helter skelter and so on ...).
Those just glowing are hanging in the chill out zone.

Did you realize that even here on earth we call such places " DISCO " !

Did you realize crashes happen in the early morning hours usually ???

God knows what kind of drugs they are on.

Technology, mental abilities, ..., you name it, it´s said they are superior beings in any way !

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I would say perhaps 95% UFO's are man made. And as such, Blinkers are the norm, not the exception.

Perhaps, The remaining 5% have blinkers to stop other Aliens from Crashing into them?

And the Roswell Event was A "oops, I forgot to turn on my lights" Moment?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
UFO lights, good question.. Maybe its an electric by-product of their engines. Ionised air, ball lightning, aurora bori-alienis, x-mas lights still strung up since december, neon after market lights for the races, search lights scanning for redneck colons and cow organs.. who knows?

Anyways i've always wondered why satillites have blinking lights. Tall towers on the planet's surface have red blinking lights so low flying aircraft dont hit them. And NASA knows where all the space junk and satillites are at, so they're not gonna force astronauts to manuever in and around satillites flying by eye sight only. So are the warning lights there for all the other traffic around Earth? So aliens dont crash into our GPS system?

Star light star bright, first star I see... oh wait thats a satillite... no, no.. its a flying saucer backing up... wait, maybe its the MIR space station falling out of orbit..

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint

Originally posted by craig732
I always felt the same way about the USS Enterprise on Star Trek. Why do you need flashing lights on it? So another space ship doesn't hit it when it is travelling at warp 5?

Actually, any ship with the capability of docking should have running lights. This is explained on many a Star Trek FAQ board.

Yeah, but why use them at warp 5? Why not turn them off until it is time to dock, like airplanes do with their landing lights?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
maybe they have lights to send us some sort of secret message or something right? maybe....or maybe its like Close Encounters Of The Third Kind and they want to sing a visual song to us....haha.
who knows

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint

I always felt the same way about the USS Enterprise on Star Trek. Why do you need flashing lights on it? So another space ship doesn't hit it when it is travelling at warp 5?

Actually, any ship with the capability of docking should have running lights. This is explained on many a Star Trek FAQ board.

Yeah, but why use them at warp 5? Why not turn them off until it is time to dock, like airplanes do with their landing lights?

Ahh! The reason being that they can't turn off! Watch a Star Trek movie and you'll notice when the Enterprise is docked and motionless, the lights are still on. If you think about it,THAT makes about as much sense as having them on at Warp Five. Then again, they probably use practically ZERO power and never need replacing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join