It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the movie Predator be that far off?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
yes this post was inspired by the fact that I just watched Predator 2.. but anyway it got me thinking..

Could aliens be visiting earth simply for the enjoyment of hunting? Or perhaps restocking their planet with wild life as well?

If you think about it.. we as humans, and the most advanced animal on the planet, are stupid when it comes to the environment, and wildlife. We kill off species because we just don't like them, cause they look good on us, because we decided that we are more important than them, and thus take all of their habitat. And we just go out and kill them for fun. Is it so hard to believe that another species that was dominated another planet did the same thing.. and now they realize what they did wrong... and are coming to earth to gather animals to try and "restock" their planet, or perhaps just because they miss hunting?

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
what do you think there hunting? us?

ahhh that might be why they went ape # when we started blowen up nucler weapons

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Cool!

Erm I mean, well I think that's what I'd do...

MONKEY HUNTING!!! A lesser homo-sapien life-form, all for the joy of hunting!! *Blows a chimp's head off*

No, I don't think predator is that far off, in fact it could be real...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I seriously doubt any reality regarding the Predator movies.

The only scary alien movies that don't seem too far off the mark for me is the 80s remake of The Thing and the X-Files movie. IMO, something potentially lethal lurks down in Antarctica as a real reality.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Primates are too simple as game and do not suit any sporting intentions of extra-terrestrials with advanced weaponry.

My conclusion is that this hypothesis cannot be supported.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Would you restock a planet with humans?

I can think of plenty of other species that would be far more enjoyable to hunt and far less of a pain in the ass.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You could always consider the theories regarding grey alien abductions as a form of hunting.

However, instead of keeping the skull and spinal cord as a trophy, you could drop in an implant to "leave your mark."

This is of course hypothetical and in no ways meant to be taken truthfully, however it sort of fits into your idea as a one-off theory.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There was an episode of Futurama where Fry had his 'human horn' removed by alien hunters.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
That would be no different then what we have done throughout history with tagging animals to their respectful owner. Aliens may just view us as animals in which during some adubctions they keep their prey and tagging may be a form of catch and release.

ID

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Could aliens be visiting earth simply for the enjoyment of hunting? Or perhaps restocking their planet with wild life as well?
No, aliens enjoy anal probing our people not hunting them. If they wanted to hunt us why would they abduct us and do not so nice things with us? It is rather clear that they are doing research be it for good or evil. I do not believe they are hunting us.

Your second suggestion about restocking their planet is plausible however not very likely. They seem to have little or no regard for our ecosystems. There are many examples of abnormal plant growth caused by aliens, not to mention the fact that certain creatures such as El Chupacabra may be alien related and are currently reeking havoc on the ecosystem they preside in. They do not seem to care for the delicate balance of nature which would lead me to believe that this is in no way their intent.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yes it really IS that far off.

who

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I dont think the idea is that far off, however I think the Alien movies are the most plausible. I think the ideas put forth in those movies are very possible. The Predator movies were great because they showed me that we are not locked in at the top of the food chain. We are very weak, without our intelligence we would be nothing.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I've never seen any evidence to indicate we are being hunted by aliens from other worlds. The Predator movie is in my opinion too far off to be considered plausible.

The only movies I consider to be anywhere near possible reality are as follows:

The X-Files (Series and Movie)
Roswell: 1947 (Martin Sheen)
Taken
Independence Day (Maybe)

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Independence Day (Maybe)

Would you consider the end when they get a Macintosh to communicate with the ships computers reality?

Maybe the aliens are fans of Apple

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricDreams

Independence Day (Maybe)

Would you consider the end when they get a Macintosh to communicate with the ships computers reality?

Maybe the aliens are fans of Apple

Now that you mention it. "No." I did find the movie to be extremely cheesy and somewhat funny. The only thing plausible about the movie is the invasion scenes.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think if aliens really wanted to wipe us out ala ID4, we wouldn't know anything about it. You'd just be going about your business and WHAM!! It'd be all over.

Or they'd wipe us out with biologicals like in .

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
it's not hunting, it's harvesting.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Great movies, Predator 1 & 2...Don't know about the concept of human trophee hunting, though...
Reminded me of this other 80s movie, starring Dolph Lundgren, uh, Dark Angel, I think. Where the aliens extracted endorphines (!?) through the skulls of their unfortunate victims. *s*
(Alien: We come in peace! Dolph Lundgren: And you go in pieces!)
Movies like Communion or Fire In the Sky I think, are much scarier.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If aliens really did want to harvest humans, they would do it like we humans harvest domesticated animals. Everybody would be placed into breeding centers, feeding centers, and slaughter houses. Allowing humanity to create its own civilization is counter productive to efficiency.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I didn't mean specifically trophy hunting.. but what about harvesting us.. or our livestock or even wild animals to take back?

I mean who would notice if they took a bunch of deer? probably not many people and it probably wouldn't make the press.. the forest rangers that keep track of that stuff would probably suspect new predators in the area...

maybe the cattle mutilations were/are tests for them to see if they would be fit to take back and raise to eat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join