It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lucid dreaming experiences

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I've experienced lucid dreaming for a number of years, and absolutely love it! There are a few things I've noticed in my dreams, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these too.

First, I can recollect/reference other people, places and dreams within a dream. For example, I can driving down a road in my dream and pass by a house or a landmark from another dream.

Frequently, I meet the same people from various dreams. These are people who, as far as I know, I've never met in person. The feeling is sort of like running into a regular at the grocery store, you may not know their name, but you see them all the time.

Also, I've noticed that I have three different type of flying dreams. I can fly to get myself out danger if I'm having a nightmare. I can fly for the shear delight of it. However, if I try to fly from point A to point B because I'm to lazy to walk in a dream, I can only fly short little distances. How odd is that?

Anyway, I look forward to hearing about other people's experience with lucid dreaming.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Ive had too many to go into detail.. I'd say 1 out of 3 dreams I have are completely lucid. Theres several characteristics.. flying, sex, breathing under water, observing, running and jumping really far in slow motion (I do this quite often im not sure why but its really fun), experimenting, telekinesis (controlling environment).

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I had one saturday night that I made almost as clear as normal waking life. The focusing on your hands trick works perfectly!

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I've been Lucid Dreaming for years..

Only found out what it was called once I started posting here

I dream in colour with sound, touch and smell, not tried taste yet. I can almost completely control my dream and if I get bored of a dream I can stop it and start a new one. I've also found if I get bored of the new dream, stop it and carry on the old dream from the point I left it.

don't know how many others can remember their dreams, but I always remember my dreams altho they fade after a day or two, but some dreams even from early age I can still fully remember..

Oh and while we're talkin' dreams I had the first Doulbe wake-up dream for a long time the other night......

I was dreaming as usual, then it suddenly switched to my old house where I lived with my parents, it was dark and someone was creeping up the stairs towards my room. I crept slowly to the door and waited to lunge at the guy. I remember thinking I don't like this, I need to wake up, so I forced myself awake and opened my eyes, and there was a guys face about 6 inches from my own face staring at me.. then I woke up for real, swore a bit, and switched on all the lights, I hate those...

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
While were on the subject I was just wondering how people wake up from bad dreams. Personally I squeeze my eyes shut as hard as I can and then i'll wake up. Like if someones chasing me they'll be just about to get me and i'll laugh at them and sometimes say 'see ya!', squeeze my eyes and wake up. Is this how most people get out of dreams?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It is fun, I like to call people into my dreams...especially those who passed over and I like to ask characters questions.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clarky
While were on the subject I was just wondering how people wake up from bad dreams. Personally I squeeze my eyes shut as hard as I can and then i'll wake up. Like if someones chasing me they'll be just about to get me and i'll laugh at them and sometimes say 'see ya!', squeeze my eyes and wake up. Is this how most people get out of dreams?

Yes I find the best way is to blink repeateldy and it hasn't failed yet.I find it hard to admit that things in dreams Lucid or not frighten us all.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have had lucid dreams for as long as I can remember, and yes, I too often remember things from previous dreams, sometime years earlier. There is no such thing as a bad dream for me as I can just phase into another environment if I don't like where I am.

In recent times I have got to the stage where I have a lucid dream every 2nd or third night, but for some reason in the last seven days something weird has happened. I haven't had a single lucid dream but my frequency of dreams has increased to about 10-15 or even 20 per night! Not sure what's going on there but I am working on the looking at my hands thing to get my technique down pat.

One thing I would like to try that I hadn't thought of until recently is explore underground and see what lies beneath.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hmm going underground sounds interesting im definately going to try this the next time I have a lucid dream or OBE. Usualy I do the total opposite because I want to fly but I'm sure I can sacrifice 1 dream to see what happens.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have the same inner struggle. Although there are plenty of lucid dreams on the horizon, when I'm in one I often don't want to forego my usual routine to try something new. Pretty illogical really.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
My friend, I know exactly what is going on. This is called Astral Projection. I know! Isn't it fun!? It's so cool! I touch things, and it feels so real. It's because it is real* you are just not in this demension, you are in the spirit demension. It is when your spirit is out of your body. Everyone does it, at least 2 or 3 times a week.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
One of the first lucid dreams I can recall came quite by accident. Before I learned to fly, I had falling dreams. I hated those. Fear of great heights, that sort of thing.

Anyway, I was trying to escape from some nightmare (I don't recall what) but I literally jumped and found myself rocketing through the sky into outerspace. As this was happening I thought to myself, "oh, this can't be good." So I when I found myself at the apex of this flight, the earth was a small blue ball. That's when I decided just to get the fall over with and dive right in! It was amazing, I turned the earth into a beautiful pastel chalk rendering and dived straight into the ocean! I frolicked with the animated dolphins and seahorses for awhile, then I woke up.

I'm glad to say that was the last falling dream I've ever had. It was also the first time I learned I could control my dreams and environment to a certain extent.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
A couple of nights ago i was having a dream when for no aparrent reason I realised I was dream. The problem was the dream froze almost immediately after it became lucid. I remembered my keep dreams lucid routine that someone else mentioned on ATS and started spinning around but it didn't seem to work. However I then rewound the dream a little to just before it froze and noticed that it continued playing well past the frozen point. I remeber think, gee I don't remember doing any of this the first time around. i think this maybe the key for me to maintain lucidity in the future.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
My dream world is the same and has evolved thru my entire life...I have dream friends, and neighbors...Places I frequent are always the same...I have a neighborhood, a home, a movie house, a bike, a boat, ect...My neighbor of 10 years died (dream neighbor)...I used to play her piano....her husband gave it to me and it is now in my dream house.....I play it there...It is a gift I believe....Things change as my life does but old dream friends stop by my dream house and I embrace them and miss them. When time goes by, without my lucid dreams I miss it....I beckon it and it comes. I know it is a dream, while there and love the moment...I changed the rug in living room and renovated the house...strangly enough, there is no front or back door, no door at all in the house, but many rooms to explore I never bore of it. I know it is a dream at the time and love to go flying but I just end up outside without traveling thru any door of any kind....Ive been arrested, Ive been camping, I have an attic..I could go on and on....Lucid dreams are sooo wonderful, and I am either crazy, or blessed to be able to escape to my wonderful lucid dream place

Kris

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I've only recently been getting into lucid dreaming. The problem I have is whenever I'm in my dream and it's at that moment where I realize it is a dream my mind starts going crazy saying 'uh oh im gonna wake up, no no no try and stay asleep' and I end up waking up. I get too excited or something.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
That happens with me too. I've never had a purposeful lucid dream before. I have never been like "Hey, I am going to lucid dream tonight" and it happens. Wish I could, I am still practicing though. Can anyone point me to some places where I can learn how to do this?

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tHeJwAy13
That happens with me too. I've never had a purposeful lucid dream before. I have never been like "Hey, I am going to lucid dream tonight" and it happens. Wish I could, I am still practicing though. Can anyone point me to some places where I can learn how to do this?

Simply within...dont try to hard and it will come...Yeah, You can say, " Im going to lucid dream tonight."

Think of it during the day a few times...Its not something we normally do, but, it works....Say, today, or Tonight, "I ll know my dream while its happening" simply...and you will be aware of dreamstate

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I've had so many lucid dreams that my normal dreams may consist of me flying around in different ways when I do that. I may float and travel in the air a few inches or a foot or two off the ground instead of walking if I feel a bit lazy or zoom through the air at lightning speed or sometimes relearn floating up in the air if I forgot in a dream.

My lucid dream abilities and normal dreams seemed to have merged a bit after a while. I've had some dreams repeat until I got it right. Some dreams that seem somewhat real seem to give me a different feeling from what I have experienced before. I remember one time running and accelerating rapidly almost to light speed across the US. That was a strange feeling. Of course then the dream got extremely weird. At least most of my dreams have been here in our present time and space and dimension. I don't understand why I once dreamed about waking up in a very strange alien dimension or world one time. It was as if I woke up in my bed and then looked out the window and saw things that did not match our reality or world. That world had a red sky.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have lucid dreams every night... some of which I seem to exist in those dreams for days to years. Even sleeping dreaming within the lucid dream. Then I wake up into reality, feeling as if I've been gone for a very long time...

My longest "existance" in a dream was about 3 dream-years. When I woke up, I could barely remember my reality... 3 years had passed in my dream... in reality, only 10 hours.

If you would like to hear more about my experiences, U2U

[edit on 4-3-2006 by Foxe]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I've had some dreams repeat until I got it right.

I know exactly what you mean! Some dreams I can't get beyond a certain point without experiencing alternate scenarios. It is the strangest thing!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join