It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timezone Issue

page: 1

join
share:
MMP

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm not able to change my timezone from GMT -12 to the correct timezone for my area. Once I submit the changes the success page loads, however, upon going back to the profile page it still says GMT -12 as the default. I figured that it may be normal but the time of posts (even my own) are not consistant with my timezone. If there is a thread that covers this, (that I overlooked when I did a search) please u2u me with the link and trash this thread.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Once you set it to where you want it, going back to check it resets it.

So, just save it where you want it, and go on with what you're doing - chck the board after you save it. Don't go back to your profile before you do.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
You can check if you have set yourself to the correct timezone by going to this page:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If the latest post (at the top) appear to have been posted at almost your current time, then you got your settings right.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yeah... that is a glitzh in the ATSmatrix.... just do what parrhesia says.. it tends to work.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I always wondered about that. I noticed that little problem too. Thanks Parr

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
When I go to the "Edit Profile" page, the first thing I do is set my time zone. That way, I don't forget to do so after I've done whatever I went there for. If you try to back out of the "Settings" page and find yourself back in "Edit Profile," don't worry about it, just keep backing out. As long as you dont' click the "Edit Profile" button, nothing will change.

[edit on 2006/2/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
^ That's a good habit to get into, Grady

That's what I do, as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Location, Location, Location!

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
When I go to the "Edit Profile" page, the first thing I do is set my time zone.

Yeah, me too -- and I edit my profile a lot. Have to keep the haibane avatars fresh, you know.

Of course, a much easier solution to this problem is to simply move to Eniwetok or Kwajalein.

The ATSers there have it pretty sweet, if you ask me.

top topics

join