It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Career most future-proof.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
If I had the opportunity to go to college I'd probably go with Nano technology or Biotechnology.

I'm currently reading a book called 'The Dance of Molecules' by Ted Sargent and Nanotech seems to be a pretty interesting field and you wont have to compete with as many people as you would if you chose computers.

I've worked in the computer field for a few years dealing with servers and workstations and I hated it so it's not something I recommend to people.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'd say the field of study that has the best career implications (meaning there will be a job available) is math. Next are physics, chemistry and biology. Then computer science and engineering.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Don't take this the wrong way, but you are 14, don't try to look at things as a carreer possiblity, don't get me wrong, being prepared for the meshugana world that awaits you is admirable, but why dont you explore what you really like.

If it's math or music or whatever, if you're torn say between something you have a real knack for and something you may not be great at but really want to explore, do both.

It'll come to you eventually.

I couldn't agree more. In middle school/high school I wanted to go into computer graphic or video game design because, well, I loved art and I loved video games. I did terrible in science and I hated it.

Then I realized... I like art and video gamea for FUN. If I had to do them as a job now I would hate it.

During my freshman Gen Chem series, I developed a deep intrigue for chemistry, and soon fell in love with it, and decided to major in it. Since Chemistry is not my fun little hobby, and yet I still enjoy it, it's not an occupation that I would end up hating.

That's just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
As a more down-to-earth option for those reading this thread, prison guard appears to be a thriving career choice and very likely to remain so for a long time.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Realistic

Prostitution, becouse of supply and demand

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hey can someone give me more information on mathematics degrees? Like I can just get a Master's? How many jobs can mathematics be applied in (besides basic mathematics)?

If mathematics can be applied in several fields, I might go for it. I've basically narrowed it down to the computer field and mathematics. As for computers, which profession do you think will be in the biggest demand in the future? I was thinking either web design (which I know a lot about already) or networking (which I also know a lot about) would be the largest.

I was thinking I could just go for a math degree, as programming (a thing I like to do) is 95% math. Also, several branches of the computer field, like computer sciences and engineering all rely on math, so I defitenly might go for a math degree. I just need more information and your insight.

And no, I won't go for prostitution or being a prison guard.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by Amschel Rothschild]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join